“I will stay here again! I loved this place.” 5 of 5 stars

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2515 E. Butler Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Dallas, Texas, United States
“I will stay here again! I loved this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here while visiting my daughter briefly on the weekend after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. It was old fashioned but very lovely; a lodge like setting backing up to the woods, quiet, relaxing and well-appointed. They have a really nice gift shop, a restaurant that is open 24 hours, it is reasonable, the bed was comfortable and I liked the retro, elegant furniture. The room was large and I was able to get a very close parking spot which was nice because it was snowing and late when I arrived. I am planning on coming back here in December and bringing the rest of my family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Warwick RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

What a GREAT hotel Little America is. We booked through Price Line and got a great deal. From the newly refurbed lobby (new hardwoods, tile, refinished wood beams) to the wonderfully ornate rooms that reminded me of the 5-star hotels in the Rat Pack movies, this hotel had winner written all over it. We stayed for just the night but would have stayed more had our plans allowed.

The grounds are beautiful, the rooms clean. Comfy beds and as I mentioned just a great sense of older but stately class. The decor is a bit retro - again think 60's Vegas 5-star hotel room from a Sinatra or Dean Martin movie - but it is immaculate. The staff was uber-polite and helpful. Pretty much the kind of service Mitt Romney gets when he travels - only we aren't multimillionaires.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Waterloo, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

we stayed at Little America Flagstaff for 3 days in october 2012; our choice was based on the tripadvisor reviews.
It appeared to be an excellent decision : this hotel is even better than what we expected !
really perfect : the rooms are large and cosy; long time we hadn't seen such an hotel.
for this quality, the rate is really correct, and includes wifi.
there's a parking close to every room, so it's easy to bring your luggages.
better to ask for a room garden and pool side : you will have a quiet and nice view : the garden is really huge, with a lot of trees, and squirrels will come to see you; no noise at all.
on the other side, you are close to the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel in great location, 2 floors spread out over large area through woodland, can end up having long walk to main reception, bar and resteraunt area, difficult for persons who struggled to walk distances. However wife and I stayed here for two nights and we loved it. Room large and well done out, felt quite regal, ample space and large comfortable bard, excellent double bathroom and great views looking out over wooded area. Good resteraunt and reasonably priced as was the beer at a generous happy hour. Well stocked shoo and Outside pool area very good, if a little cold, I used this facility' in the evening, however wow the hot tub was brilliant - use it - that's an order!!!!!!! We liked this hotel even though the Wife used the washing machine and tumble dryer, decent cost! Made her feel at home! Defenetly stay here again Great location for Grand Canyon Railway, places to eat nearby, we went to a place called Barts - expensive - live singing from stage shows. In a nutshell we rate this hotel as one of the best. Happy holidays.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you're overnighting in Flagstaff & don't staying at Little America, I feel sorry for your decision. Beautiful grounds, a swift check in, ample free parking, huge rooms to include free wifi, a large sitting room with a sofa, 2chairs, a table with chairs, comfortable beds with spotless down comforters, large, soft oversized towels, and above all quiet! It was a perfect experience!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are large and elegantly outfitted, with doors that slide open to a wooded forest, 2 Queen beds or a King were assigned to each of our group of 24 people, traveling for a week in October. This was QUITE the nicest place we stayed. The toiletries were upscale and we had a mini-fridge (with nothing for sale inside!), ice and vending machines located in each building.
The heated outdoor pool looked inviting, as did the popular outdoor jacuzzi, but I opted for a walk on their 2 miles of trails which connect to other Flagstaff city trails.
The dining room was well-appointed and served by very friendly staff. The lunch buffet was a real deal - $13.95 buys you 2 or more entrees( herb-crusted pork roast, fried fish) and sides of roasted potatoes plus a diverse buffet of salads and desserts. The bread pudding with rum sauce was delightful.
Price here varies by occupancy level - the more people the pricier, so if you want to book a get-away for no reason, don't choose Homecoming Weekend or another local event's date.
It's across the highway from Black Barts Steakhouse and Musical Revue, enjoyed by many in our group. The restaurant in the hotel is better than all the others on our northern AZ tour.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Little America on our way to the Grand Canyon while traveling with my family: 6 adults and 2 children under 8. This is a fantastic family hotel! The rooms are fabulously decorated in bright rich primary colors and they are all different. They are very spacious and the beds are super comfy ( i didn't like the pillows but I'm picky). The hallways are bright and inviting. I shared a room with my 2 cousins and we had plenty of space. The bathroom was large, it included a small refrigerator, the towels plush and the English toiletries were a great surprise. The personnel is so pleasant and helpful. The Tree of Life restaurant is fabulous. We had the breakfast buffett and everyone was happy with their choices...and the best part is the gift shop is fabulous!!!! Great selection of every imaginable gift for your loved ones or yourself!!! I can't way to explore this chain when I visit Wyoming (in my bucket list!!!).

Room Tip: we chose rooms in the first floor since we were traveling with the children. I gave the sleep quali...