“Not Smoker Feiendly” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not Smoker Feiendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Yes, This hotel is cute, Staff well they are ok. But if you are a smoker DO NOT stay here!!!!!!! I only smoked on the balcony, with the door closed. But here they charge me 200.00!!!!! & apparently they had to fumigate my room. Bull!!!!! I Literally had 5 cigarettes on the balcony over a 2 day period. There were others in our party that did the same, but because I'm handicapped they feel the need to single me out! I'm on a very fixed income and I just about went negative in my account due to this. So Next time I'll stay at the Lodge! Also Very Overpriced!!!!!!! It’s Really Not Worth it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
TheGrandAmerica, Employee at Little America Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most candid feedback. We sincerely apologize that you were concerned with a lack of sensitivity in respect to our smoking policy. We too were terribly disappointed by this incident.

Creating hardships for our guests would be the opposite of our intentions and contrary to the fundamentals of hospitality. As you know we made every effort to communicate the smoking policy of the Little America Hotel Flagstaff, during the reservation process and again at check-in when you signed the registration card. As such, I can assure you that we are held accountable by guests who have the expectation of the hotel being non-smoking, because we have marketed it to be. Unfortunately the penalties being necessary to assist us in returning the room back to what we consider a "rentable" condition; meaning it completely fulfills the expectations of the next guest, which in this case would be a non-smoking room.

I am so very sorry that we fell short to your expectations and I sincerely hope that you give us the opportunity to regain your trust. You are welcome to call me at (928) 779-7910 should you wish to discuss this matter further. I kindly offer to personally assist you with smoking options in the future.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to the Little America and in the meantime, we remain at your service.

Respectfully,

Fred Reese

1,355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Santa Fe, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed at the Little America on the way to California and it was a pleasant surprise. We did Priceline it so the price made it a little bit better. The hallways leading to the rooms reminded me a bit of a retirement home, but the rooms themselves were quite spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable for a good night's sleep. The happy hour was a good value at half price appetizers (although they are just microwaved items) and wine. It was easy just to stay at the hotel instead of going out after a long day of driving. The pool area looked nice, but we did not use it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The hotel looks fantastic, the rooms fantastic, grounds fantastic, service in the dining room awful. Took one and a half hours from order to being served. Will not be eating there again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Nice hotel...the penquin on the sign may seem cheesy but the decor is warm. Love the colors of the furniture in the room. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Great playground for the kids to go to early in the mornings and evenings. And a 2 mile hiking trail to boot! Lush green lawns. Fun watching squirrels climbing the ponderosa pines on the property. Love to come back for another stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I don't think I've ever been so torn on my opinion of a hotel before. There were some great things about this place and some things that just irritated me. Just some background, it was my wife and I's wedding anniversary and we had just finished hiking rim to rim on the grand canyon. We just wanted a comfortable place to sleep, take a shower and get some room service.

The Good:
- Nice location (close to airport and freeway, nice site with trees etc., fairly close to stores/restaurants)
- Resonable rates
- Huge rooms (although I can't stand that pseudo-colonial decor)
- Convenience store across the street (more on that below)

The Annoying:
- There's no damn room number signs in the buildings, and as far as I could tell no elevators. It became a joke as my wife and I and two other groups of people wandered around the building looking for our rooms. I had to help an elderly couple carry their bags up the stairs because we couldn't find an elevator. I'm not sure if there was one, but I couldn't find it and there defininately wasn't a sign. Same thing with Ice/Vending, I had to wander around the building until I finally found it downstairs.
- Ordering room service took well over an hour, but the food was very good when we finally got it. The delivery guy was very polite and apologetic, but we were starving and didn't get to eat until about 9:30. Should have gotten some take-out from one of the restaurants near by.
- The bar was supposed to be open until 11PM, but I went down there at about 15 til and they had already closed up (even though there were still probably a dozen people seated in the bar). I asked if I could take a bottle of wine back to my room and I was told I couldn't because she had already closed her register. Luckily there's a convenience store across the street that stays open late that they told me about. That place was all about being awesome. Great selection of boozes for a convenience store.
- We paid extra for a "forest view" room which consisted of a tree outside of our window that blocked the view of pretty much anything, but on the other side of the tree was a lawn and the freeway from what I could tell.
- The TV was awful, most channels didn't come in and a movie rental was $16.

Normally I wouldn't care about any of those things, but I was tired, I didn't want to leave the hotel and it was our anniversary. It was a few little things that changed it from being a great place to stay to just some place we stayed. I don't have any other reference to guage it against in Flagstaff, but if I come back I'll probably be looking at other places.

Room Tip: The ice machines are downstairs. Good luck finding your room though.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New YOrk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed one night in Flagstaff on the way to Grand Canyon at the Little America. It was quite chilly out so did not really get to use pool or walk the grounds, but the room was very clean and HUGE, so was the bathroom. Decorated in older antique looking furniture, not quite my taste, but it's nice. You are actually surprised when you go in lobby because from the outside you dont' expect it to be so nice. Don't be fooled by the truck stop location, and actually it's very convenient right off the highway. We ate dinner at the restaurant, it was just ok, nothing to rave about, but good. The front desk people were all very nice, and when we checked in they advised us what to do in Flagstaff. We took his advice and went to Walnut Canyon National Park which was only 10 minutes away and really nice. Overall a very nice stay...would definitely go back when in Flagstaff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We choose this hotel due to the reviews we read and it was a good decision. The rooms was huge and very nice with large bathrooms. The beds very comfortable. The reception area and the restaurant and bar were also very large and nice decorated with. The pool was also very clean and with nice surroundings. Overall a very nice stay and we would certainly stay here again if we visit Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Room against the forrest/pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Little America Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!