I don't think I've ever been so torn on my opinion of a hotel before. There were some great things about this place and some things that just irritated me. Just some background, it was my wife and I's wedding anniversary and we had just finished hiking rim to rim on the grand canyon. We just wanted a comfortable place to sleep, take a shower and get some room service.
- Nice location (close to airport and freeway, nice site with trees etc., fairly close to stores/restaurants)
- Resonable rates
- Huge rooms (although I can't stand that pseudo-colonial decor)
- Convenience store across the street (more on that below)
- There's no damn room number signs in the buildings, and as far as I could tell no elevators. It became a joke as my wife and I and two other groups of people wandered around the building looking for our rooms. I had to help an elderly couple carry their bags up the stairs because we couldn't find an elevator. I'm not sure if there was one, but I couldn't find it and there defininately wasn't a sign. Same thing with Ice/Vending, I had to wander around the building until I finally found it downstairs.
- Ordering room service took well over an hour, but the food was very good when we finally got it. The delivery guy was very polite and apologetic, but we were starving and didn't get to eat until about 9:30. Should have gotten some take-out from one of the restaurants near by.
- The bar was supposed to be open until 11PM, but I went down there at about 15 til and they had already closed up (even though there were still probably a dozen people seated in the bar). I asked if I could take a bottle of wine back to my room and I was told I couldn't because she had already closed her register. Luckily there's a convenience store across the street that stays open late that they told me about. That place was all about being awesome. Great selection of boozes for a convenience store.
- We paid extra for a "forest view" room which consisted of a tree outside of our window that blocked the view of pretty much anything, but on the other side of the tree was a lawn and the freeway from what I could tell.
- The TV was awful, most channels didn't come in and a movie rental was $16.
Normally I wouldn't care about any of those things, but I was tired, I didn't want to leave the hotel and it was our anniversary. It was a few little things that changed it from being a great place to stay to just some place we stayed. I don't have any other reference to guage it against in Flagstaff, but if I come back I'll probably be looking at other places.
The ice machines are downstairs. Good luck finding your room though.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.