“very good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66 to your Saves list
Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 West Hwy 66/I-40, I-40 & Hwy 66 Exit 195, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family stayed there for 3 nights this past weekend for a family reunion. We booked about 10 rooms total and everyone agreed this was a terrible hotel. I'm not even sure where to start. At check-in, we were told that a crib for our 1 year old would be an extra $10 per night. I have never had to pay extra for a crib and this hotel has a "kids 17 and under stay free with an adult" policy. I mentioned this and the hotel staff member told me that because my rate was low, I had to pay extra for a crib. I mentioned that no hotel has ever charged me for a crib and he said that I probably paid more at the other hotels.

Let's start with the room, which was a dump. There was mold in the bathroom, the exhaust fan didn't work and was barely attached to the wall, the towels were paper thin, the hair dryer didn't work (which they replaced very quickly with a working one), and there were bugs in the room. Each room had 1 pillow that was OK, and several other half pillows that were so old that the stuffing inside was only about half the width of a regular pillow. This was consistent in all the rooms we rented.

The breakfast was terrible. Just some cheap greasy donuts, bread, cereal, and a couple waffle makers. The high chairs had unusable straps, which resulted in a trip to the emergency room and stitches for our 1 year old son. The straps had a velcro lock, but were so short you couldn't use them. We complained to the front desk but they said it wasn't their problem because the breakfast area was another company. The carpet in the breakfast/lobby area was so dirty that when our son was crawling around on it for a couple minutes, his knees and hands were black. The carpet was also frayed and torn at the seams.

They had a bar in the lobby but it was never open in the 3 nights we were there (a weekend.)

My recommendation is that you avoid this motel and find another where the staff actually cares enough to maintain the property and provide good service.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I deeply regret to learn that you found this experience to be so terrible due to issues that should have been immediately addressed. I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can benefit from your perspective of our hospitality and services. I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the service that you did not receive regarding the necessity of correcting such issues as quickly as possible. I assure you that each issue mentioned is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience. Thank you!
Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a family reunion here and it was typical of a 21/2 star hotel. The beds are fairly comfortable, the room has a good-sized refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom did have mold in the corner and the sink/bathtub leaked a lot, which makes me cringe to waste that much water! The towels desparately need to be replaced. The air conditioner worked but was super loud and dirty! The pool was great. The front desk people were friendly. The best perk for us was that they allowed us to use the 'breakfast' room to gather for our reunion dinner and celebration if we agreed to clean up afterwards. Yes, it cost too much even being near the Grand Canyon.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face the pool are more quiet but have a view of the parking lot and the hotel next...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for letting us know that you find our hospitality of good value, but I am terribly sorry that you experienced a number of inconveniences regarding the working order of the appliances and housekeeping issues during your stay in our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area and show you how we are improving!
West Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Came into town fairly early and wanted to get a room before going to the Grand Canyon. I realize this is in the Grand Canyon area so it will be a little more expensive but this was quite a bit more expensive. $200 per night. The bathroom needed a thorough cleaning as there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and in the window sill.

We left to go drive around the south rim of the Grand Canyon and got back late. When we tried to use our keys our door would not open (they worked when we dropped off our things in our room before we left). Went to the front desk and explained and they said the battery in the door must need changed. The handyman came and was able to get us in the door with his key but ours still would not work. He said he would come back the next day to fix it. We were not able to leave together the rest of the night as there had to be someone in the room at all times in order to make sure we weren't locked out. If I had paid a normal price for this hotel I wouldn't have minded but for $200 a night you expect a key that will actually work and a clean room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello Miss Carlene,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience on the failure of the key card to function properly during your stay and for the quality of clean in the room assigned to you.I will submit your feedback to our management so that this is addressed accordingly and trust that this will not be disregarded. I hope we could have another chance to offer you improved services the next time you visit Williams.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I wish there was a place for pictures. Bathroom had no exhaust fan, I believe this is why there was black mold. The air conditioning would over heat and shut down, no offer to fix. Chair was broken and the door when closed had a gap in it, so much that you didn't have to use the peep hole. Owner/manager told me to get an attorney because he didn't believe me. Even emailed him all the pictures. Please don't stay here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
We are deeply distressed to discover the lapse in service you experienced during your recent stay. It is of the highest importance that things like this are not missed by our staff and mistakes like this should never be overlooked. Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Made an online reservation for three rooms on the 5th and 6th of July. Were charged $94.00 per room for ancient televisions, dangerously overloaded electrical sockets (surge protectors with four or five things plugged into them), crappy wifi access, and rude staff. Two out of three of our rooms were missing bathtub plugs. The third room had a plug, but it was broken.

Twice we had to go to the front desk to have our keys reset because they would randomly stop working. My husband took the keys down the first time it happened and the guy at the desk helped him with no problems. The next time it happened, I went down there. When I informed them that this was the second time that this had happened, the guy got all ugly and told me that I must have de-magnitized it somehow. I told him that was not the case, that it was in the outside of my bag and in the sleeve that they provided. He mumbled under his breath and finally tried to reprogram the card for me. He attempted to program at least four cards before he found one that worked.

One of the other families traveling with us left a Do not Disturb sign on their door because they had a lot of things spread out and didn't need the bedding changed. When we returned from a day at the Grand Canyon, they took their dirty towels down to the desk and asked if they could have some clean ones. They told them no and that they should have let someone clean their room if they wanted clean towels. After an argument, they finally relented and gave them two towels. Very disrespectful and rude.

The lobby and breakfast were fine, but the staff didn't seem to care if you had a nice stay or not. Unfriendly and difficult staff and a poorly maintained and run hotel. Parking really stunk, too. Very few spots. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services during your most recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our hotel. I am sorry for any rudeness or insult that you encountered with this situation and I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our entire staff and management team to ensure that no similar incident occurs in the future. We value your opinion and suggestions for improvement as these comments help us to improve upon the guest experience with us. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here on Sunday night June 22nd after visiting the Grand Canyon. Everything was fine with this hotel, the woman at the front desk was very helpful and nice. There was a swimming pool in the middle of the complex, but I had to walk around the complex to park because the middle section is grass and the swimming pool, otherwise everything else was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello Packerfancheesehead,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience on the parking area. I am glad however that you were comfortable during your stay and satisfied with the quality of customer service our team have provided you. I really hope we could have another chance to serve you the next time you visit Flagstaff.

Been to Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66? Share your experiences!