“Tour Buses” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66

You added Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66 to your Saves list
Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 West Hwy 66/I-40, I-40 & Hwy 66 Exit 195, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Flagstaff
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The room was nice but not for the price. The man that checked us in was most unfriendly. We went to the breakfast but decided it was unsuitable and we left. All in all not a real pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hello Raymond C,

Thank you for bringing your thoughts in our attention. I apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay with us. Trust that this concerns will be accelerated to verify what took place and will be taken care of. We appreciate your candid comments and it will certainly be included as reference in our continuous effort to offer improved and better services in our hotel. I hope you will accord us another chance to offer you better services in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff was most helpful and friendly but the facility is in need of an update. There were holes in the blanket and the lamp shades were torn. Trains rain continually right behind the hotel so it was noisey as well. There is a nice large area for breakfast but choices were limited.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hello Susan R,

Thank you for bringing your thoughts in our attention, please know that we use your reviews as reference in our continuous effort to make our guests stay exceptional. I hope you will accord us another chance to offer you better services in the future.
Cantonment
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This property was disappointing for the rate we paid and after staying at some other Days Inns, which were outstanding. The air conditioner was loud and interrupted our sleep. Hotel info mentions flat screen tvs, but the tv in our room was an old model. The corridors need paint and the lobby needs an update. The staff was not friendly. Also, the breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hello Mr. Tommie C.,

I regret that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay in our hotel. Please know that your concerns are taken seriously. I will accelerate your feedback for evaluation so that this is addressed accordingly. Trust that our management will look into the matter in order to implement necessary corrective measure. We hope to have another chance to offer you better services in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

If I could, I would give this Days Inn 2 1/2 stars. Not exactly "poor" but should be "below average"

Pros:
- price of about $82 per night (including tax) was pretty good and included breakfast, such as it was
- we got a ground floor room as requested, which helped my 82 year old mom
- rooms were reasonably clean
- did have a working TV, microwave, refrigerator
- free wireless internet

Cons:
- breakfast buffet was not good - unlike other Days Inns we've stayed at, this one had all cheap carbs and little else. Breakfast was waffles, donuts, toast or a limited supply of cheap cereals pre-packaged. Oh, and they had a few pieces of fruit - but all they had was apples when I was there. No bacon nor sausage, no eggs, no yogurt, no granola, no muffins, no bagels, no butter (only cheap margarine), no other fruit. We skipped the buffet the 2nd day and went to McDonalds instead.
- no fan in bathroom and no grab bars for older people
- door lock was somewhat beat up and it was very difficult to get the keycard to work
- snack machine was there but empty of all but cornnuts
- hotel rooms looked a bit worn and in need of updating
- staff was not particularly helpful nor friendly, but not unfriendly either. Just sort of there.

I generally like Days Inn as they are a cut above Motel 6 and I like having a mini kitchen of sorts, a slightly bigger room, and breakfast included. But, in this case, I felt the hotel wasn't any better than a Motel 6 so I wish I'd saved a little money and stayed there instead.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Hello ScoutKatie,

Thank you for letting us know on what aspects of our services we should improve in order to provide you and all our guests with the best Days Inn experience. I apologize if you weren't satisfied with the breakfast we provided for you that day as well as your difficulties in assisting your mother to the bathroom. Trust that your concerns will be accelerated for evaluation in order to address accordingly. I hope we could have another chance to offer you improved accommodation in the future.

Been to Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66? Share your experiences!