“OK for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66

You added Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66 to your Saves list
Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 West Hwy 66/I-40, I-40 & Hwy 66 Exit 195, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Canton
“OK for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This room was adequate for a one night stay. My biggest complaint is that the room's dead bolt did not meet the hole for it and so it didn't work. The door locked and there was a security chain. Minor issues were the remote control didn't work properly and the blankets had holes in them. We never heard the train, the bathroom was very nice with newer granite counter and floor and tub surround and the lobby is very nice.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Anything good about a stay becomes overshadowed when one finds their room door open upon their return.

Most travelers know the majority of the time you get what you pay for, sometimes when you're lucky you get more than that. There are then sometimes when you get far, far less.
The room? Fine, clean even. The location? Great! Right near NAU, where I was doing a tour. It was however the service, and to a large degree, the physical security, where it fell very short of acceptable.
Rude is the best way to describe the service. The largest problem by far, however, was my room door. When I returned from my academic tour my door was wide open. When I complained I was accused of leaving it open. I assure you I did not.
Possibility 1: I did not close my door hard enough and the lock did not catch. As I said, unlikely. Door handle up, then down, push the door then pull the door. Every time. I have a habit of this sort of thing.
Possibility 2: The maid service. I'll note first that my "do not disturb" sign was in place. In this case my room should have been as I left it, the door included. Perhaps having not seen the sign a maid opened my door and then saw the sign and moved on, failing to close the door behind her/him.
Fortunately my things were untouched though I also might add that I was making use of the safe so if in the case someone unscrupulous did happen upon my open door I would have lost only one of my laptops that did not fit and my bag and clothing and if they were very rude or plucky, my shaving kit.
Overall because of gross negligence I give this Day's Inn as low a rating as possible. No matter how nice the room, safety and security are always first.

Room Tip: Winter? Upper floor. Summer? The other thing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Flagstaff hotels
Econo Lodge Flagstaff University
Budget Inn
#18 of 63 in Flagstaff
4.0 of 5 stars 333 reviews
Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon

Been to Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66

Address: 1000 West Hwy 66/I-40, I-40 & Hwy 66 Exit 195, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Location: United States > Arizona > Flagstaff
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66 Hotel Flagstaff
Flagstaff Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.