“what do you expect for $25 dollars” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66

You added Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66 to your Saves list
Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 West Hwy 66/I-40, I-40 & Hwy 66 Exit 195, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
cheshire
“what do you expect for $25 dollars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Overall a dated motel, but comfortable and clean, and all you can expect for a budget stopover

Good location in town, and would return again.

Room Tip: take your chance
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We booked are stay through hotel.com. When we arrived the guy at reception made out he knew nothing about it. He took our card details and we thought everything was ok. A few weeks later I got my bank statement showing a payment had been taken by hotel.com and another by Days inn. We had been charged twice. We were never able to resolve the issue. I don't know whether it was genuine ignorance on behalf of the staff member but, if they are using sites such as hotel.com they should be aware of the procedures. If you book through another site and they claim ignorance don't under any circumstances give them your card details and insist they resolve the issue there and then. It's a shame this happened because the place was reasonable and adequate. It just wasn't worth paying twice for!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

turned out to be an overpriced smelly hotel. Upon check-in, the guy at the front desk tried to charge me $35 more than what I was quoted over the phone less than 24 hours before. When I told him about the call, he grudgingly lowered the price, and directly lied to me and booked me in a room that was not what I wanted. The paper he printed said that it was a nonsmoking room and he said that it was a nonsmoking room, when it is very clearly a smoking room. I got to my room and realized that I had forgotten my conditioner at home, so I went to ask for some. He gave it to me, but again with terrible customer service. All of the linens in the room are in wretched condition. They are scratchy, old, and smelly. The bath towels have not seen a drop of fabric softener since who knows when. I stayed here in part for the free wi-fi; when I called to get the password, the manager cut me off mid-sentence, told me and then hung up the phone. The carpets are in need of vacuuming, and even the toilet seat it too old for use in a hotel. The pictures online are NOTHING like what you actually get. About the only positive is that the TV is nice. Overall, I am more than a little grossed out and am starting to wonder if the beds get washed like they are supposed to if housekeeping can't even keep carpets and a shower clean. Not a good experience at all.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Buckeye, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

It cost way too much to stay in this craphole! We were better off sleeping in our car in the dead of winter. It was way too cold and it never warmed up! They said they had a new heater, but it blew luke warm air and we have 3 kids, 2 that are 3 years old and under). Needless to say, the bathroom was FREEZING! My husband found animal feces on the floor and all the front desk could say was that sometimes people bring animals in without notice. It was GROSS!!! There was coffee and juice for breakfast. The bedspread had holes in it and the bed was lumpy. Front desk said that the heater could be fixed when maintenance came in that morning (AFTER WE LEFT)! It was the worst experience of my life! Sleep in your car and save $70!

Room Tip: Rooms not in this hotel are better!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

This hotel charged way too much for what it actually offers. I should have been tipped off when the lobby area was dark and cold, and the guy at the front desk was wearing a winter coat, but we just wanted to get off the road, and I wish we didn't settle! The room left a lot to be desired. It wasn't clean, there was a ring of dirt and dust around the perimeter of the room, a hole in the wall, the furniture was dusty, the bathroom had yellowing wallpaper, and the shower curtain had some mysterious goo on the inside of it. The bed was hard, and actually had indentations in each side from so many people sleeping in it. The dated floral bedspread felt unclean, but the towels and bedding were the worst I've ever seen, at any hotel ever. The towels were yellowed, stained, and beyond just threadbare, so thin you could see through them. The sheets actually had many holes in them...placed at the bottom of the bed so you don't know they're there until you climb into bed and your feet poke through. The laundry area was gross and not heated, and the walls were super thin.

Also watch out for sneaky charges! I asked if there was $10 of tax or what the extra money was tagged on to the room rate when I checked in- he insisted that I could get a break down only when I checked out in the morning. The next morning, I had to specifically ask for a receipt, and found out I was charged $2.50 for "safe insurance". I asked for the safe charge to be removed, and he refused, saying it was mandatory for everyone and it wasn't for using the safe, it was actually for insurance....shouldn't the hotel’s insurance be included in the room rate? It really felt like they were trying to scam everyone out of these extra couple of dollars, they made quite an effort to not tell me about this mysterious charge at check in and check out.

For $75 you can get a much cleaner, friendlier place in Flagstaff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We got into Flagstaff later than we had planned and picked this hotel because it was close to where we wanted to be the next day. While not the best room ever, it was certainly clean and quiet (on a Tuesday night).

It is easy to be nitpicky about this hotel: towels are old and turning threadbare, no remote for the television (when we told the front desk they made us come pick up a remote), door would not lock unless it was slammed really hard (which we hated to do because we did not want to wake the other guests), door with a large gap at bottom through which cold air blew in all night. In addition, the free breakfast was nothing but starchy carbohydrates -- and no fruit. We opted to go to the diner across the street where we got two great meals.

The best thing I can say about this hotel is that it is across the street from the Himalayan Grill at which we had one of the best dinners ever (really). That dinner made the hotel stay worth it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We have stayed here for one night before we visited the Grand Canyon.
We checked in around 19.30 hrs and recieved a big room with 2 double beds.
The room was clean and had free wifi. The shower and toilet were ok and clean.
We checked out around 07.00 AM after we had breakfast. There is a good variety at breakfast the only minor was the lady who was working. She was amazing grumphy and not nice to us.
Free parking for you car and there is also a swimming pool ( too cold at our visit but it looked good )
You must visit and eat at the diner across the Motel, it is amazing !!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66? Share your experiences!