“No queen size beds- doubles only” 4 of 5 stars

Earn 2X Points
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque
“No queen size beds- doubles only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Facilities in general are great and good location. But I made a reservation online for two queen size beds- and on arrival I was informed that they only have doubles. Disappointed about that. Good jump point for Grand Canyon and just off of I-40.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Mr. H:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We truly apprecate all your kind words. I am terribly sorry for the confussion over the bed size. We try very hard to provide very clear descriptions of exactly what bed type you are renting online so as to avoid these types of challenges. I will certainly take a second look at these descriptions to make sure there isn't something we can reword to make this easier to understand. Again thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit to Flagstaff

Hilton Garden Inn-Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
flagstaff, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

great hotel but the beds could be softer .I would be happy to do this review but I would recommend less than 200 characters you might have more takers!!!uhukkvlsfpapjjpe;afvniifjepf;dlgjF;ALKFj;;fm;vjpapfmf;oemfm

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mrs. E:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We truly appreciate your feedback. I do apologize about the bed being too hard for you. Were you aware the beds are fully adjustable to your preferred softness or firmness. We try and let everyone know about this feature during check in. I'm sorry this was not your experience. We look forward to your return visit so we can show you our commitment to your comfort.

Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last 5 years, and it seems to be getting better every time I go. The staff is super friendly and attentive. The property is clean, the food is great, Wifi super fast, nice indoor pool. Great location right off I-40. Walk to Coco's and other restaurants. Avoid rooms facing Hwy89 though, they are a bit noisy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear RealtorRita:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We truly apperciate all your kind words as well as your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We Arrived late hoping to find a room, they had only smoking rooms. We do not smoke.. So the 2 men working the front desk one was the manager. Said we could see if it was ok.. So we did, It wasn't bad at first.... So anyways they gave us a deal they were really great, I want to say I think one of the men that were working his name was Matt.. Well we took the room It was clean overall, until we went to bed that night the pillows stunk so bad of smoke and the bed was horrible. My back is still stiff from that..
I want to say the staff was fantastic, but I wished we looked for another place..

Room Tip: If you don't smoke don't take a smoking room..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JeanninN:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us in Flagstaff. As we are continuosly striving to improve ourself your feedback is very important to us. I'm very sorry you were disappointed with the smell of smoke in your room. Our houskeeping staff works hard to keep those smoking rooms as fresh as possible but unfortuanly there is only so much you can do to keep a smoking room from smelling like smoke. Give one of our non smoking rooms a shot next time your in town I'm sure you'll find it much more to your liking. Again thank for sharing your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I know. Sounds silly but this hotel looked like it was scrubbed top to bottom. I have a little one having a rough night and the staff welcomed me downstairs, offered a cup of coffee and shared the lobby as well as showed me other locations (outside seating, poolside, breakfast area, business room, etc) where I could soothe baby without disrupting other guests.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Travelingsarahc:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am happy to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel in Flagstaff during our trip to the Grand Canyon. Unless you stay at the canyon, I suggest travelers stay in Flagstaff. It is a charming town with great food, sites to see and many shopping options. The staff at the HGI were very accommodating, especially Jessica who gave great advice on what to do in Flagstaff and at the canyon. She suggested we enter the canyon from the south entrance and leave through the east. The drive along the south rim to the east exit was amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Kelley L:

Thank you for your very kind review. We are glad you found the hotel and our city to your liking. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel itself is pretty much exactly the same as all the other HGI I have stayed at.

But...

I was greeted by a staff member that had a terrific positive energy. He took the time to make sure that I understood everything that I had available to me, from the pool to how the adjustable bed worked.

As I made my way up to my room, I laughed to myself at how happy he was for the end of a day on a Sunday. I was very impressed. :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Mnamma:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again next time your in town.