“Historic and inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Saint David, Arizona
“Historic and inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I needed a place to stay in Flagstaff and I found out that the cast and crew from the film Easy Rider stayed there. It was inexpensive and so I gave it a try. I'm glad I did. It was clean, had great water pressure and a great coffe place in the parking lot. There's a drug store within walking distance and a longer walk to a great BBQ place, Satchmo's. The train is across the street but you could barely hear it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were on a 6 day Harley tour of Arizona and had made no reservations in Flagstaff - we pulled into the Americana and took a chance - for $50.00/night it was a great stop on our journey to relive the Easy Rider days of Route 66! While checking in, we were advised that the movie crew stayed at that same Inn while filming Easy Rider in1968. The owners were very hospitable and eager to make us feel at home. It was a typical 50 year old motel room, we didn't expect much, but it was clean,comfortable and quiet with parking outside the door for the bike. The is a coffee shop/drive thru on the premises (excellent coffee!!) and plenty of nearby diners. All in all, this motel helped us capture even more of the feel of the dys when Route 66 was America's Highway!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is an old but very clean motel. It is inexpensive and the internet connection is not great, but it is next to a drive-inn expresso place. And it is a part of Route 66 history. It may not look that great, but it's perfectly OK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This is a tired motel, sadly in need of better management. We landed here in a snowstorm and stayed one night out of desperation. The bed was comfortable, but the motel is located next to the train tracks and a heavy equipment depot, so the noise made it difficult to sleep. The bathroom had good water pressure and plenty of hot water, but: it had no heat, the window sill was filthy, the caulking around the tub needed to be replaced and the black mould cleaned (it's easy to do with hydrogen peroxide). The wifi doesn't work. There's no coffee in the room and no breakfast provided -- you have to walk over to the coffee kiosk next door. The office doesn't open until 8 am, so there are no staff on site overnight. We paid $49.99 for a king bed. There are plenty of other hotels and motels to choose from along this stretch of highway.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
n0rthernAZ, Owner at Americana Inn - Route 66, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
If you truly felt that the room was not adaquate we would have been more then happy to refund you the full balance within 30 minutes of check in. We are closed from 4am-8am due to slow season and limited traffic. We do offer a breakfast consisiting of danishes,cinammon rolls, coffee and juice.
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I were traveling through Flagstaff, we stopped at the Americana by chance. We were looking for a reasonable place to stay and the Americana was certainly cheap. However, once we saw the room we went back to the clerk to let him know we wouldn't be staying, he explained their "no refund" policy, and believe you me there is a reason they do not offer refunds.

The room was NOT very clean and the bed was uncomfortable. The sheets were washed but they had holes in them, the towels were so thin you could practically see through them, at least where they weren't stained. The only item provided was toothpaste I had never heard of and a bar of soap that was barely big enough to wash your hands with. I would not unpack anything as I wanted to limit what I touched to the bare minimum. The bathroom door did not close all the way and I was woken every couple of hours by the noisey trains that went by. There is NO view of anything except an ugly parking lot. No ice maker and when I went to the office at 8:30 in the morning to get a cup of coffee the office was locked with a note on the door that said it would open at 8 a.m.

The only redeeming quality was the hot water, the shower had plenty of water pressure, it's just a shame it leaked all over the floor, perhaps this is how they wash the floor.

I would sleep in my car before I spent another night in this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VANCOUVER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

One of the less expensive motels in Flagstaff. It is showing it's age but is reasonably clean, reasonably placed, and as a result, reasonably priced. The evening manager was a very nice guy who gave me a free upgrade in the room and good advice on eating. A good night's sleep is all I need, and is what I got.

Room Tip: It's perpendicular to the Highway so ask for a room towards the back.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Yuma az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

When staying one night at this Motel, I would not recommend it to any one. The sheets on bed were not tucked in, like the covers were just thrown over the bed.Called to get extra pillows and 2 hours later had to call back. By this time I seen we had no wash cloths or soap. They finally came down with the pillows,wash cloths, soap and a bag of ice.The worse part , I felt something stick me in the leg.Turned on light and there was a cut off finger nail in the bed. this was at 4:00 in the morniing. we lefted at 7:oo in the morning.Stopped to report this but they don't open till 8:00. I called them the next day and was told if I would of reported it in the first hour theycould of done something about it. so first and last time I will ever stay there

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americana Inn - Route 66? Share your experiences!