“There are better places to stay in Flagstaff” 1 of 5 stars

Americana Inn - Route 66
2650 E Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #54 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“There are better places to stay in Flagstaff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This is a tired motel, sadly in need of better management. We landed here in a snowstorm and stayed one night out of desperation. The bed was comfortable, but the motel is located next to the train tracks and a heavy equipment depot, so the noise made it difficult to sleep. The bathroom had good water pressure and plenty of hot water, but: it had no heat, the window sill was filthy, the caulking around the tub needed to be replaced and the black mould cleaned (it's easy to do with hydrogen peroxide). The wifi doesn't work. There's no coffee in the room and no breakfast provided -- you have to walk over to the coffee kiosk next door. The office doesn't open until 8 am, so there are no staff on site overnight. We paid $49.99 for a king bed. There are plenty of other hotels and motels to choose from along this stretch of highway.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
n0rthernAZ, Owner at Americana Inn - Route 66, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
If you truly felt that the room was not adaquate we would have been more then happy to refund you the full balance within 30 minutes of check in. We are closed from 4am-8am due to slow season and limited traffic. We do offer a breakfast consisiting of danishes,cinammon rolls, coffee and juice.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I were traveling through Flagstaff, we stopped at the Americana by chance. We were looking for a reasonable place to stay and the Americana was certainly cheap. However, once we saw the room we went back to the clerk to let him know we wouldn't be staying, he explained their "no refund" policy, and believe you me there is a reason they do not offer refunds.

The room was NOT very clean and the bed was uncomfortable. The sheets were washed but they had holes in them, the towels were so thin you could practically see through them, at least where they weren't stained. The only item provided was toothpaste I had never heard of and a bar of soap that was barely big enough to wash your hands with. I would not unpack anything as I wanted to limit what I touched to the bare minimum. The bathroom door did not close all the way and I was woken every couple of hours by the noisey trains that went by. There is NO view of anything except an ugly parking lot. No ice maker and when I went to the office at 8:30 in the morning to get a cup of coffee the office was locked with a note on the door that said it would open at 8 a.m.

The only redeeming quality was the hot water, the shower had plenty of water pressure, it's just a shame it leaked all over the floor, perhaps this is how they wash the floor.

I would sleep in my car before I spent another night in this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VANCOUVER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

One of the less expensive motels in Flagstaff. It is showing it's age but is reasonably clean, reasonably placed, and as a result, reasonably priced. The evening manager was a very nice guy who gave me a free upgrade in the room and good advice on eating. A good night's sleep is all I need, and is what I got.

Room Tip: It's perpendicular to the Highway so ask for a room towards the back.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Yuma az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

When staying one night at this Motel, I would not recommend it to any one. The sheets on bed were not tucked in, like the covers were just thrown over the bed.Called to get extra pillows and 2 hours later had to call back. By this time I seen we had no wash cloths or soap. They finally came down with the pillows,wash cloths, soap and a bag of ice.The worse part , I felt something stick me in the leg.Turned on light and there was a cut off finger nail in the bed. this was at 4:00 in the morniing. we lefted at 7:oo in the morning.Stopped to report this but they don't open till 8:00. I called them the next day and was told if I would of reported it in the first hour theycould of done something about it. so first and last time I will ever stay there

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Aspen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This review of the Americana Inn on RT66 in Flagstaff is NOT about A LAVISH ROOM or DINING-or EXPENSIVE IMPORTED CHANDELIERS-or HEATED POOL or HEALTH CENTER, etc.
This review is about an American Dream of a young man named BRIAN, the owner,
. It is a review about his dedicated, courteous staff who work to keep his dream alive & growing
Brian is young man who works & studied hard to make a dream of owning a motel come true.
The Americana Inn is a simple place--an affordable place--a safe and mostly quiet place.
I took a weekly package at just around $200..Yep $200 & change for the ENTIRE week.
The room was clean and Brian's house staff kept it that way. The bed quite comfortable.
The AC, heat, TV all worked smoothly
My room had a nice computer table and was a non Smoking Room
The Americana Inn even has pretty dang good wall art.
. The shower had lots of hot water. The tub deep (soap dish needed replaced & was)
There is reliable WiFi hook up.
The Continental Breakfast ?? well, now remember the price and all the other good things.
Brian's coffee is very good and there is fresh made juice & itty bitty cinammon rolls LOL
There is a very nice coffee stand on the site and for a sit down breakfast plenty of choices.
Dinner? China Gate Buffet not too far away & voted "Best Chinese Buffet" many times, over..
If you are coming to Flagstaff to see your young person in college (that's expensive enough),or in town on a short business trip,save some money and book into the Americana Inn.
In closing, the original American Spirit of trying is exemplified in this young American Small Business owner who is a hands on involved owner and YES HE DID BUILD THIS BUSINESS.

Artistically yours,
Francis G

Room Tip: Don't over expect. Just enjoy the room, the savings, the sights and all there is to see downtown...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I have stayed there since March 22. When I called to reserve a room, the European lady (sorry, don't have name) was so sweet and listened to me and my explanation of our hard times, she didn't have to, but she did and was very understanding and compassionate. The staff has always been super nice, seeing me with my hands full and helping me carry items up the stairs, offering to help with my computer and helping us during these hard times as much as they could. It makes me sad that these people try to keep rates low, yet people continually abuse their efforts by damaging their property. I am flabber gasted when I see the repairs they have to do, and the constant tresspassing by people cutting their fence. These people are trying to make a living AND TRYING to take care of people---yet, they get blasted below. I have done my research and you get the most for your money at this hotel and it is and has always been clean and again I have seen their staff help many of their clients. Even when one of their tennants got hurt and he couldn't walk his dog, the staff took the dog out and walked him several times a day. I have seen them carry luggage for people, come right away to fix something that might have broke and to always be smiley and a helpful ear. So, please remember that they are trying to provide people with an economical place to stay that is safe and clean. Anyway, Thank you American from the both us!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband an I are truck drivers from Alabama. We broke down in Flagstaff for 4 days. We choose to stay at Americana Inn, we was very please with our stay. Our room was nice, very clean, and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly an made us feel at total ease. The owner Brian, now he really goes above an beyond to make sure we his guests had everything we needed, an that we was pleased with our stay. My husband an I totally recommend if your in Flagstaff an need a place to stay go to Americana Inn. Oh an one last thing it's very reasonably priced, an direct tv!!!!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Americana Inn - Route 66? Share your experiences!