“Not happy with Motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Yuma az
“Not happy with Motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

When staying one night at this Motel, I would not recommend it to any one. The sheets on bed were not tucked in, like the covers were just thrown over the bed.Called to get extra pillows and 2 hours later had to call back. By this time I seen we had no wash cloths or soap. They finally came down with the pillows,wash cloths, soap and a bag of ice.The worse part , I felt something stick me in the leg.Turned on light and there was a cut off finger nail in the bed. this was at 4:00 in the morniing. we lefted at 7:oo in the morning.Stopped to report this but they don't open till 8:00. I called them the next day and was told if I would of reported it in the first hour theycould of done something about it. so first and last time I will ever stay there

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Aspen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This review of the Americana Inn on RT66 in Flagstaff is NOT about A LAVISH ROOM or DINING-or EXPENSIVE IMPORTED CHANDELIERS-or HEATED POOL or HEALTH CENTER, etc.
This review is about an American Dream of a young man named BRIAN, the owner,
. It is a review about his dedicated, courteous staff who work to keep his dream alive & growing
Brian is young man who works & studied hard to make a dream of owning a motel come true.
The Americana Inn is a simple place--an affordable place--a safe and mostly quiet place.
I took a weekly package at just around $200..Yep $200 & change for the ENTIRE week.
The room was clean and Brian's house staff kept it that way. The bed quite comfortable.
The AC, heat, TV all worked smoothly
My room had a nice computer table and was a non Smoking Room
The Americana Inn even has pretty dang good wall art.
. The shower had lots of hot water. The tub deep (soap dish needed replaced & was)
There is reliable WiFi hook up.
The Continental Breakfast ?? well, now remember the price and all the other good things.
Brian's coffee is very good and there is fresh made juice & itty bitty cinammon rolls LOL
There is a very nice coffee stand on the site and for a sit down breakfast plenty of choices.
Dinner? China Gate Buffet not too far away & voted "Best Chinese Buffet" many times, over..
If you are coming to Flagstaff to see your young person in college (that's expensive enough),or in town on a short business trip,save some money and book into the Americana Inn.
In closing, the original American Spirit of trying is exemplified in this young American Small Business owner who is a hands on involved owner and YES HE DID BUILD THIS BUSINESS.

Artistically yours,
Francis G

Room Tip: Don't over expect. Just enjoy the room, the savings, the sights and all there is to see downtown...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I have stayed there since March 22. When I called to reserve a room, the European lady (sorry, don't have name) was so sweet and listened to me and my explanation of our hard times, she didn't have to, but she did and was very understanding and compassionate. The staff has always been super nice, seeing me with my hands full and helping me carry items up the stairs, offering to help with my computer and helping us during these hard times as much as they could. It makes me sad that these people try to keep rates low, yet people continually abuse their efforts by damaging their property. I am flabber gasted when I see the repairs they have to do, and the constant tresspassing by people cutting their fence. These people are trying to make a living AND TRYING to take care of people---yet, they get blasted below. I have done my research and you get the most for your money at this hotel and it is and has always been clean and again I have seen their staff help many of their clients. Even when one of their tennants got hurt and he couldn't walk his dog, the staff took the dog out and walked him several times a day. I have seen them carry luggage for people, come right away to fix something that might have broke and to always be smiley and a helpful ear. So, please remember that they are trying to provide people with an economical place to stay that is safe and clean. Anyway, Thank you American from the both us!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband an I are truck drivers from Alabama. We broke down in Flagstaff for 4 days. We choose to stay at Americana Inn, we was very please with our stay. Our room was nice, very clean, and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly an made us feel at total ease. The owner Brian, now he really goes above an beyond to make sure we his guests had everything we needed, an that we was pleased with our stay. My husband an I totally recommend if your in Flagstaff an need a place to stay go to Americana Inn. Oh an one last thing it's very reasonably priced, an direct tv!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

No BS at this place. These guys don't play games, which is refreshing these days. Brian the manager is a real pro. I will definitely stay here again. Pillowtop mattresses, the WIFI actually works. This is a clean, quiet property on Historic Route 66, with Great Vibes, and Great Rates.

I look forward to staying here again.

S.A. Hogan
San Diego, CA

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Passing by in town I looked at a few different hotels as Flagstaff has too many to count. I walked in to find a smart and informative front desk lady who showed me a room and told me about the area. Being from LA, it was nice to meet such a person to help me out. She made some suggestions on dinner and they were great! The hotel is located right off the 66 and provides a clean, affordable place to rest your head. With so many options in Flagstaff, I'm happy I chose Americana.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Flagstaff, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

They really reeled me in!! The refrigerator!,microwave!, free wi-fi!, and AC system! And on top of that, they have DIRECTTV! I was quite impressed.

In addition,
the staff was super friendly! The manager goes out of his way to take you places and the front desk employees are always trying to get you the best deal. (I paid wayy under $60!!! How does that happen??! :) Interestingly, the front desk person told me that if I became a "regular" that I would be able to pay SIGNIFICANTLY less than that! :)

There are two downsides to this place...
(1) I WISH THEY WOULD GET RID OF THE $10 PET FEE. Still, that's a pretty good deal; the fact that they're pet-friendly triumphs that small fee.
(2) There isn't a pool. Fortunately, the manager was able to direct AND drive me to the Aquaplex (it's like an inside water park!) across the street. :)

OVERALL: On a likert scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is AMAZING, this place receives a 10+++.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Americana Inn - Route 66? Share your experiences!