“Awful Hotel for Families” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn

Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn to your Saves list
Sleep Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2765 S Woodlands Village Blvd., Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Oceanside, California
“Awful Hotel for Families”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I made a 6-day trip from San Diego to Virginia, and this was one of the most expensive and horrible hotels I stayed at the whole trip. Upon arrival, I was not greeted very politely by the girl with the nose ring working the front desk. I asked about an elevator, and she informed me that there is none. I am traveling with 2 small children who needed child cots, and all the extra stuff that children require, as well as a 5 lb toy poodle. I had one arm full of my own luggage, and my 2- and 4-year old children were not cooperating in getting their toddler sized suitcases up the stairs. So here after a day full of driving, the lady STARES at me as the staircase is right in front of the desk, as I am literally SLINGING their suitcases up the stairs as far as they would go, one-handed, one at a time. They were not that heavy and she obviously saw me struggling and did not offer to help. It was so late that there was nobody else the clerk was attending to in the lobby. I could have left my kids unattended and easily carried the luggage up but then MY KIDS WOULD BE UNATTENDED. Did I mention that on this very day that I stayed there my husband was being sent by the military overseas so here I am struggling with my 2 kids, dog, and suitcases and the lady is watching. I ended up going to the car 3 times because they have a luggage cart but it is not worth the trouble to pack it since there is no elevator to take it on to.

When I got to my room, the refrigerator did not work. It had iced over. I called front desk and they had to move us all to a new room.

Rooms were dimly lit. Looks NOTHING like the hotel website picture as far as lighting. Mostly uncomfortable fluorescent lighting.

Hallway reeked of smoke.

NO BATH TUB for children. Try giving a 2-year-old a shower and getting him to clean himself.

The most expensive pet fee for my 5 lb dog of any of the hotels I stayed at (including a Marriott) along my cross-country trek, $20. Ridiculous.

Breakfast was sparse. They did not keep the breakfast re-stocked, I believe there was only cereal, yogurt, and one doughnut left by the time I made it there.

To top it off, the man at the front desk the next morning watched as I struggled to get my 2-year-old with his suitcase down the stairs, along with my dog and 4-year-old. A guest ended up carrying my 2-year-olds suitcase down. And for the record it is a small Disney Cars suitcase, no reason anybody would think it was super heavy.

If you want to pay $130 to have someone stare at you from the front desk as you struggle with your small children, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have stayed at a few Sleep Inns. This is by far, the nicest. It is under new ownership and has been completely remodeled. Super comfortable bed, granite counter top. We had a king room, and it was a "little small", but still very comfortable.

Room Tip: 1st floor, since there is NO elevator.
Aztec,NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We usually stay at a different choice hotel in Flagstaff, but have been unhappy with our stay. We have stayed at this Sleep Inn twice now. It is a green hotel and a huge difference from where we usually stayed. Hopefully, Sara will check you in. She is SUPER-FRENDLY!!! There is a strip mall including Wal-Mart right across the street.

South Lebanon, Ohio, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This property sits in a very busy part of town. However, it was very quiet. The lobby was nice and our room was just as nice as the lobby. It was comfortable, the bed was very comfy, and the room appeared to be clean and well taken care of. The breakfast area was a bit small and there were people waiting for a table for a short period of time. All in all, a nice place to stay.

Bonita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent one pleasant night here on our way to Utah. I chose it because of its reasonable price and good reviews. It was an excellent choice, and I'd stay here again.
The room was compact, but updated and very sleek and clean. The bed was excellent! I loved the space capsule type shower. Many restaurants nearby. Breakfast was okay--not spectacular,but none are.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed with my niece and my daughter for two nights, didn't know what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised. Spacious and clean room, friendly and helpful front office staff, excellent location on our way to the Canyon.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was skeptical before we first arrived at the hotel because we had such crappy experiences at ChoiceHotels this vacation. Half of the hotel reservations we cancelled and switched to Marriott. This one was different. My family and I had a great experience here. The room was super clean and all of the receptionists at the front desk were very helpful and nice. The breakfast was sub par, but with these hotels with free breakfast, I learned to not expect much. The wifi was terrible, and the connection went in and out. Overall, I appreciated that it was very clean and in a great area of town, close to all of what Flagstaff has to offer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!