“Very good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Tucson, Arizona
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Staff was very friendly and helpful. We got a nice upgrade to a suite with a full kitchen and fireplace on the top floor with a mountain view thanks to Hilton VIP Diamond status. The pool and hot tub looked great, but was a little crowded for us. The hotel was pretty much booked due to spring break. Breakfast offered enough choices and the coffee was great anytime during our two day stay.
The location is excellent coming up from Sedona via 89A and Oak Creek Canyon. From here it's a beautiful drive via 180 to the Grand Canyon and then a nice easy drive coming back on 89A with a convenient stop at Sunset Crater.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I traveled all the way from Montreal with 2 of my colleagues and a group of 23 high school students. We visited San Francisco, Los Angeles and finished with a visit to the Grand Canyon. After visiting it, we stayed at this Hampton inn and suites. Everyone was enchanted with this hotel. The rooms were clean, we had a plasma television, a pool and a spa, free wi-fi, 2 computers with free access to the internet and beautiful public spaces where you can get free breakfast.

We stayed at 2 Hampton inn during this vacation and they impressed me. You don't pay outrageous prices and you get a clean room with comfortable beds!

I would stay in Hampton inns anytime in the future!

• Stayed February 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I really wanted to give this place a four star. After all, it's a decent place. However, here's my pros and cons:
Pros: Clean, huge suite with living area, bedroom, and small kitchen. As a matter of fact, there are two TVs, so if you want to watch one program and your spouse/traveling partner wants to watch another (as was the case with my husband and I), you can. This suite also has a nice sized bathroom. And lastly, they have decent wifi.
Cons: Sparse breakfast. We arrived at the complimentary "full" breakfast 20mins before closing and found that it was out of just about everything, except for toast, eggs, juice, milk, yogurt, and cereal. So either get there early, eat somewhere else, or plan to be hungry.
Sparse parking. If you arrive late to the hotel, expect to park by the Sizzler or gas station. The parking area is WAY too small for the size of that hotel.
Also, there was one big con. The suites didn't have central air. Instead, there are two separate wall heating/cooling units installed. One for the bedroom and the other for the living area. And there is NO thermostat! So, neither myself, nor my husband could get decent sleep. Turn it on (regardless of setting) and it will run all night. It is noisy AND since there is no thermostat, it will progressively heat the room, until it is an oven (or you turn it off). Once you turn the heater off, the room gets really cold. Therefore, we were tossing and turning all night. And bad heat/cooling unit + no sleep = grumpy reviewers. If it weren't for the heating unit, three of the above six categories would've been rated either 4 or 5 and this hotel would've gotten a bonefide four star.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
DeputyDan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

As a member of Hilton Honors we stay here when visiting this area of Arizona.
We have stayed at this location at least six different times.
The facility is well maintained and has various types of rooms.
People who use Hilton Points receive the lesser quality rooms than those who do not.
The breakfast is fine.
The employees have always been pleasant and responsive.
There are also multiple restaurants that you can walk to (don't have to drive).
I would recommend this facility.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

I must profess to preferring to stay at hampton Inn after a great experience at one in Florida in 2007. My wife and I stayed here for one night after a long day of driving and sightseeing at Meteor Crater, Sunset Volcano National park and Wupatki national monument. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and check in was quick and easy. This was our 1st stay at a Hampton Inn in over 2 years and we were not let down. We were given a room as per our requests (high floor, away from the traffic road). The room was at the usual high standard of hamptons, big comfy bed, clean and quiet.
Immediately, we took our washing down to the coin laundry and there was 2 washers and 2 dryers @ reasonable price per wash. Being able to do our washing was the main reason for staying here. Internet connection in the room and the laundry was good too. The hotel had a great indoor pool area, shame we didnt get the chance to use it!
For dinner we just walked across the road to Red Lobster, where the service was excellent. It was also handy to note that there was a Walmart just up the road about a quarter of a mile, which gave us the oportunity to resock our water supplies.
Overall, a good hampton inn experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Stayed at the Hampton Flagstaff for a couple of nights while visiting around town and the going to the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed it so much that I chose to stay here again on my way back through--staff very helpful and friendly, clean rooms and common areas, convenient access to the airport. Will confess to being a Hampton Inn fan when it comes to chosing a chain hotel (The Hampton Bed is wonderful) so I've stayed in more than a few H.I.s. I would definitely rank this one as one of the best. On my first stay, was on the third floor, room was quiet (although overlooking the highway). On the repeat stay a few days later, was on the 5th floor--only difference was that there I noticed that it took a few minutes for the water to get hot and the water pressure wasn't so hot. Otherwise no complaints. Location-wise, it's very convenient to the highways and airport; however it is a drive or cabride to downtown Flag if you're looking to be in the action, it's not quite there. Also, staff is very helpful in arranging a tour of the Grand Canyon if you are looking for assistance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
El Cajon, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel is ok, but I'm glad that it was only 1 night. The hallway to our room was dirty and I was not impressed by the room at all. It wasn't filthy, but when you look in the shower and the plug is in and there is standing water, you get a bit grossed out. When my husband and I got up in the morning we found that there was a spot of blood on the sheets. It didn't belong to either of us. The person at the front desk was annoying and rude. The parking was terrible. The breakfast was ok, but I had better the morning before at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!