“Excellent staff, average breakfast, confortable room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Bolzano, Italy
“Excellent staff, average breakfast, confortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed just one night at this hotel located not far from the highway exit. The property is not different from many others we got to book during our trip with comfortable, spacious and clean rooms and bathrooms and indoor heated pool and jacuzzi. What made this specific hotel peculiar was the staff that revelead to be extremely kind and available to give suggestions and offer help and support. Breakfast was simple but with everything necessary to start a good day. The only annoying thing was that at 9 am cleaning ladies knocked at every single door to tidy the room. I would suggest to postpone a bit this and wait till breakfast is over

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Nice new hotel well located in Flagstaff near restaurants, the highway, NAU, points of interest. Excellent pool and hot tub area, nice breakfast, helpful staff, recommended and we would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I would give it zero star rating if there is one. I called this hotel and booked 2 nites for our spring break.I had specifically asked for a room away from the freeway. I was told no problem. When I arrived that evening, I was giving the last room facing the freeway. Asked for a room change that very evening, was told no problem, they have rooms available the next day to make that change. The next morning, I followed up and requested for a room change and was told by Josh it would not be an issue, my room facing the North side of the hotel would be available when I return from Grand Canyon. I had specifically mentioned to both receptionist my suitcases would be packed and left in the existing room, I had asked if that would be an issue. I was assured both times no problems. When I returned from my visit from Grand canyon, I was told most of the guest had extended their stay and there was no available room and that the Manager of the hotel did not approve the change. This was totally BS. They should have told me in the first case, I would have checked ourselves OUT of this dump and into a Mariott where I always stay. NEVER will we put up at a Hampton Inn ever!!!! BAD experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Mariott provides better customer service.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our fifth floor suite with a view of the San Francisco Peaks was spotlessly clean, quiet and very comfortable. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly from the front desk to the breakfast room, housekeeping and maintenance. The breakfasts were quite good with a variety served every morning. We were able to eat gluten-free. The easily accessible pool area was as clean as the rest of this hotel. Located just off I-17 and 89A, the hotel is within walking distance of the local eateries as well as a service station just across the parking lot. From the moment we entered, we felt at home.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you want a quiet, roomy stay with fully equipped kitchen and sitting room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Inver Grove Hts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Was towing my vehicle from California to Minnesota, they had parking areas to accomodate my vehicles, and the appearance of the main entrance was phenomenal! The staff was great, and there were plenty of eating options all in the same parking location…Awesome experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Shawano, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Overall very good. We stayed in Hampton Inns whenever we could. We covered 11 states and over 5,000 miles in 7 weeks. Hamptons are our favorite. We prefer the older type comforters to these new lumpy and heavier ones. Perhaps we just got the "winter" ones. ???

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

santa fe, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

As we all know chain hotels often vary in quality given their location. A Hampton in Scottsdale will generally offer better amenities than in Flagstaff so we take this consideration. This Hampton is relative new. It offers great access to I40, the University and downtown activities. The rooms are clean and for the most part quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. Negatives are the bathroom toiletries, no glassware anywhere in the hotel (only paper cups unless you get a suite) and not so appetizing breakfast served in a cold dining room. We would recommend this hotel if you are not too particular.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple