“Surpassed my Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Surpassed my Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights - one was New Year's Eve. I didn't have high expectations due to reading these reviews and being a frequent visitor of Little America. This was an unusual stay because a lot of problems occurred. Here a summary of how the hotel staff professionally handled each problem and made our stay exceptional:

- We arrived super-early and they let us check in
- My son spilled milk all over one of the beds, they took a while but changed all of the bedding
- Our shower head was broken, I reported it first thing in the AM and it was fixed by the time we got back from breakfast
- Our neighbors' children would not stop screaming after 2am (not infants, these kids were at least 9+ years old and obviously their parents left them alone in the room while they were out). Hotel management discreetly and quickly quieted them down after one call.

This hotel gets 5 stars for service! I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel only a week or so in advance - decided to make Flagstaff our base for the drive to the south rim of the Grand Canyon rather than Williams where I'd had reservations for longer (but which I decided to cancel). So since I was so late, this was the only hotel in its class available. After reading the mixed reviews, I was a bit hesitant to book but had no real options. Also, we were there for two nights between Christmas and New Years which is apparently a busy time in Flagstaff. (We drove over from Albuquerque, stopped in Flagstaff, drove up to do a day at the Grand Canyon and then drove down to Phoenix), and I considered the rate quite high - even with a AAA discount at this type of hotel (therefore the lower rating on value). However, we were otherwise quite pleased. The hotel is a bit older but well maintained and not the least bit offensive. Appeared to be new woven (high traffic appropriate) in halls and rooms. No mildew in bayhroom or stainage elsewhere. Small flat screen tv in room with multiple channels. The small lobby was cozy and there were warm chocolate chip cookies available for my girls (score!!) The front desk staff was friendly, knowledgeable about the area and efficient. The hotel is super well located with so many conveniences within a mile. My girls absolutely adored the indoor heated pool and hot tub, and although they were crowded as the hotel was sold out, there were still chairs and plenty of towels available. Wireless was seamless and fast, beds were comfy and although our room was on the road side of hotel (vs parking lot side), I did not experience the horrible noise other reviewers reference. (We were on the 4th floor, closer to the parkway). Also as others mention, the parking lot is small for a property of this size and does overflow into the fast food restaurant next door. Breakfast was crowded but there was plenty (and we ate around 9 am both days - runs from 6-10 am) including make your own waffles, small omelettes and potatoes and bottomless urns of coffee (also available with tea and hot chocolate all day long - a real treat). There was a slight wait for a table but they opened an overflow room w folding tables in an attempt to combat. It snowed and was quite cold and icy while we were there, but there was staff outside shovelling and sanding and even helping people clear off their cars. All in all - a pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2012
Cortez, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inn's all over the country... and they have finally given me a "less than 100%" experience.

I have been so pleased with Hampton over the years I even got the Hilton HHonors linked credit card.

This Hampton was different... it was AWFUL!

First problem, they (along with every other Flagstaff hotel I have stayed at) SPRAYED THE ROOM WITH WAY TOO MUCH TOXIC CHEMICAL "Freshener".

Not only did they spray the room with this "freshener" that I am highly allergic to... they sprayed the bed with it... INSTEAD OF PUTTING ON A FRESH DUVET COVER.

I woke up an hour after I fell asleep with a splitting headache, swelling eyes, burning lungs, and a very long black hair that was not mine in my mouth.

I felt totally violated and very not at home.

PLUS the place was filled to the brim with children who were not very well behaved.

the next morning I tried to go to "breakfast" at the very reasonable hour of 6:30 am only to find that the whole thing had been picked clean and was not being restocked, we had to go out to eat after several tries, there were just way too many family's pushing and shoving over food.

This is the third time we have tried to stay in Flagstaff, and even the number one hotel smells like cheap caustic pineapple air "freshener".... they have banned smoking, but still allow the hotels to spray petroleum based air "cleaners" that actually dirty the air. All the hotels in Flagstaff are horrid... almost as bad as the hotels in Grand Junction, Co... ALMOST.

I won't stay in a hotel in Flagstaff again... they cater too much to people with children, and the properties are in bad shape.

Room Tip: Stay in Laughlin Nevada, just three hours away... Unless you have children... then this is the perfe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I traveled to Flagstaff in order to attend my niece's graduation from NAU. The location was convenient. Japheth, the front desk attendant, was very helpful with check in and answered my questions. The complimentary breakfast and all day/night coffee bar was nice along with the indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi. It was quiet as well which I appreciated.

All staff members we came in contact with were super friendly and genuine. Seemed like they enjoyed working there which made me feel right at home. It snowed all day Saturday, so I stayed inside - catching up on some work, enjoying he pool, and watching TV. There were a couple restaurants within walking distance.

Ken dug my car out of the snow on Sunday. Really went the extra mile to help.

Next time I'm in Flagstaff, I will most definitely stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The staff was very nice and the room was clean. I only stayed one might for business but was pleased. I stay at HHonors properties whenever possible and would stay again. Like most Hampton Inn hotels however the gym was lacking. A rack of dumbbells and some older cardio equipment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very clean comfortable room with a Jacuzzi. We enjoyed a relaxing evening in the hot tub and then a very restful nights sleep. Before checking out we sampled the complimentary breakfast.
The staff was friendly and got us into our room quickly even with several people trying to check in. The location is perfect if you are in town for any NAU event. Dining near by. Great location

Room Tip: We had the King room with Jacuzzi. Good way to get relaxed and sleep well.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

So I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons. I had been traveling across country and just needed a nice relaxing clean place to sleep. I got MOST of what I wanted, with a few surprises...

Check in was great. The staff was awesome. The lobby is "cute" - themed to Arizona, with a warm friendly fireplace. The room was fine...

... with two exceptions...

There is no office chair for the table. Most Hampton Inns have office chairs so you can plop down your laptop and do some work. Not here. Just two armchairs. Do you like browsing the net on a soft armchair? I don't. Maybe you do.

There are NO PLASTIC BAGS over the trash cans. Say what??? I asked the clerk about this. Apparently the manager thinks its not 'green' to have plastic over the garbage cans in either the sleeping area or the bathroom. You know, the bathroom where people throw who-knows-what inside of? The housekeeping staff washes them, I was told... Oh, that's a relief...! I'm sure a sprinkling of bit of water is MUCH better at protecting me from the bacteria that's swarming in those cans than a safe plastic bag. THANK YOU Manager for being GREEN over SAFE!!!!

And while I'm thanking the manager, I just want to say thank you for the hair in the bathtub drain and the mysterious strand of red hair on the shower curtain. That made my stay so much more fun...

Breakfast was nice and when I brought up my issues with the staff, they were AWESOME. Could not have been nicer or more accommodating at addressing my complaints. Things happen, I get it. No big deal.

My stay was fine overall...

....but they should reconsider putting plastic over the trash bins. Green or not, it's not fun for the guests.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!