“Very Nice Property, very nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
10% for AAA and CAA
Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very Nice Property, very nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very clean comfortable room with a Jacuzzi. We enjoyed a relaxing evening in the hot tub and then a very restful nights sleep. Before checking out we sampled the complimentary breakfast.
The staff was friendly and got us into our room quickly even with several people trying to check in. The location is perfect if you are in town for any NAU event. Dining near by. Great location

Room Tip: We had the King room with Jacuzzi. Good way to get relaxed and sleep well.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

So I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons. I had been traveling across country and just needed a nice relaxing clean place to sleep. I got MOST of what I wanted, with a few surprises...

Check in was great. The staff was awesome. The lobby is "cute" - themed to Arizona, with a warm friendly fireplace. The room was fine...

... with two exceptions...

There is no office chair for the table. Most Hampton Inns have office chairs so you can plop down your laptop and do some work. Not here. Just two armchairs. Do you like browsing the net on a soft armchair? I don't. Maybe you do.

There are NO PLASTIC BAGS over the trash cans. Say what??? I asked the clerk about this. Apparently the manager thinks its not 'green' to have plastic over the garbage cans in either the sleeping area or the bathroom. You know, the bathroom where people throw who-knows-what inside of? The housekeeping staff washes them, I was told... Oh, that's a relief...! I'm sure a sprinkling of bit of water is MUCH better at protecting me from the bacteria that's swarming in those cans than a safe plastic bag. THANK YOU Manager for being GREEN over SAFE!!!!

And while I'm thanking the manager, I just want to say thank you for the hair in the bathtub drain and the mysterious strand of red hair on the shower curtain. That made my stay so much more fun...

Breakfast was nice and when I brought up my issues with the staff, they were AWESOME. Could not have been nicer or more accommodating at addressing my complaints. Things happen, I get it. No big deal.

My stay was fine overall...

....but they should reconsider putting plastic over the trash bins. Green or not, it's not fun for the guests.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for business recently and do all over the country, but these TV's are the most difficult to operate than I have ever experienced. After calling the front desk I was explained that you have to enter a series of 4 or 5 numbers to get it to work each time you change a channel. The channel up or down feature does not work. Many of the movie channels come in and then go out intermittently. This was not my first time to stay at this hotel and experienced the same problem. The first time I saw several Cable repairmen working on something with the signal so attributed my initial visit several months prior to some issue. Not so. The televisions in this hotel are absolutely ridiculous to change channels or even watch. Rooms are dated. Staff are pleasant.

Room Tip: If you plan on watching TV, don't plan on changing the channel and you may want the instruction...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived at the Hampton Inn, Flagstaff just after 11am. Check in is at 3pm. The front desk attendant was very helpful with allowing us to check in early. She was very friendly and I was impressed by her mannerisms. Honestly I wasn't expecting anything special about this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was nicer than I expected and I really appreciated the sticky note left by housekeeping informing us that the bedding was freshly laundered. Which I expect from every hotel I visit, unfortunately a few of them I questioned! The complimentary breakfast and all day/night coffee bar was nice along with the indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi. It was quiet as well which we appreciated. All staff members we came in contact with were super friendly and genuine. Seemed like they enjoyed working there which made my family and I feel very comfortable. We will be staying there again as we visit Flagstaff frequently.

Room Tip: Suites are available but we were very happy with our double queen room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
QUINCY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

this was a little dated hotel but clean. i would stay there again just going through for one night restaurant hooked to the hotel for convenience. food was ok. staff very friendly and helpful. beds were comfy

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn while visiting the Grand Canyon. A couple things we encountered were: our GPS could not find the hotel. We made a few circles before we finally found it on our own. Our GPS is about 2 years old, but I was surprised that it didn't know which exit to go to. (this isn't a fault of the hotel, just something for a traveler to be aware of if planning to use their GPS - just in case).

There were two people greeting and checking in guests at the Front Desk. Both were very friendly. We didn't realize, but be came the night before the University's homecoming game. The hotel was very full of guests who were there for the parade and game. The gentleman at the front desk asked us if we were attending for the homecoming and when we told him we weren't planning to, he still told us about the festivities for the next day in case we had an interest in attending. We thought this was very nice of him.

We did hear quite a bit of noise outside our room, but honestly, because of the festivities, we expected them to be worse than they were.

Breakfast was included in our stay and both my husband and I felt we could find plenty of interest to eat.

When we checked out, the person at the front desk asked if we needed anything else and provided us with directions towards our next destination.

Overall, I was impressed with the location (very conveniently located), the staff (extremely friendly and accommodating), and the price.

Room Tip: We experienced road noise, so if it's possible to get rooms away from the highway, I would recom...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Had a room booked at the other Hampton inn down the road, left that Hampton inn to stay at this one. Great location, nice lobby, close to shopping and expressways, good base for Grand Canyon, Sedona and the general area. Clean and comfortable. Staff was very nice, friendly and accommodating. Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!