“Standard Hampton Inn Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Worthington, Ohio
“Standard Hampton Inn Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I booked and room eventhough I worried about the reviews regarding the noise from the nearby train track. The noise really was not bad. It just sounded like a train passing by from a distance. If you use the ear plugs they provide (which I didn't), I'm sure it will help for those sensitive to noise. I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns because I can expect good, clean rooms and a hearty breakfast. I've stayed in grand ones and simpler ones. I would say this is an average Hampton Inn but you can expect a clean room, soft pillows, good bed and all that. Breakfast was good...one of the few HIs that serve waffles (for some, that's a selling point) in addition to the standard hot and cold breakfast items. There is a fitness center and a small pool with a spa. At first I thought parking was going to be an issue, but if you go around the property, there is ample space.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Princeton, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

typical hampton inn. lovely staff. right next to days inn and outdoor strip mall with places to eat but I cannot believe no one mentioned the train that runs through this area. the hampton gives you ear plugs. It is the train that dropped my rating of this hotel

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
newrock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I was very impressed with the Hampton Inn. Our 1br suite was very spacious with a truly separate bedroom, a large bath, a kitchen and a very comfortable bed. The room was also completely silent. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. I would highly recommend this hotel and would make this my first choice in Flagstaff.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

This Hampton was on par with most others I've stayed at; however, I had a bad experience. I recognize that hotels aren't responsible for items left behind, but most hotel service staff are very friendly and offer to ship things to you or at least look for them. I left a pair of heels behind and knew exactly where in the room they were. When I called to inquire about them, the staff said there was no manager on duty and they couldn't unlock the Lost & Found. Then they said they found nothing in the room. No doubt, the shoes were stolen by hotel staff. I recommend locking up your valuables.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I have stayed at many a Hampton Inn and this, hands down, was the most positive experience my family has ever had! The hotel was the most well kept with the most hardworking staff. The bedding was very comfortable.. the best rest I've had away from home. Very quiet location. Great breakfast choices. Nice indoor pool with hot tub. The staff were extremely helpful with every request we made. I can't say enough about them..THANKS!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed here for a one night stay on our way to the Grand Canyon. The hotel is very convienent to I-40 and 89. I was disappointed when our room was next to the elevator on the third floor, but noise was not really a problem. This was also on a night when I know the hotel was completely booked. The only noise we encountered was from the trains that seemed to run non-stop while we were awake, but they didn't keep me from falling to sleep. That being said I grew up near tracks as a child.

Overall the hotel was clean, safe, offered a decent breakfast and value wise was decent for the area and the holiday weekend. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

The hotel itself is fine but if you are looking for a king bed for two....good luck. They have only 6 rooms with kings and they are twice the price. We got two queens which of course are much smaller than the standard queen so to avoid killing each other, my husband & I had our own bed. I kinda felt like we were at camp but did sleep well. :-) The staff at check-in were just ok. Very very young and way more interested in some guys laptop that happened to be at the counter. We got lucky and got a street room with very little train noise. The room was very clean, shower was wonderful and the TV was large. Overall a good stay but not sure I would come back because of the double price to get a king bed. Breakfast was the average Hampton fare but we always eat it. Too bad they don't have the Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls. :-)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!