“AC barely worked” 4 of 5 stars

Book now, save up to 15%
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
“AC barely worked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We checked in after a long drive from Oklahoma City. Our room was warm. We turned the hvac unit on high and it put out a speed that was slower than a typical low. I checked the filter which was clean as could be. I went downstairs and asked the desk clerk if they had an over ride which they did not. He suggested opening the window. I went to the car and got a small fan I had. I did open the window but the screen wasn't secure and I didn't want a mosquito infestation so we made due with the little fan and lackluster ac. I approached the morning clerk regarding the ac issue. She offered to initially deduct $25 from the bill. I told her three of the four people in the room were congested because having the fan blowing on their faces otherwise it was too warm. (I'd contacted a friend who works at Hampton who said they have a money back guarantee and it especially applies to ac, which I wasn't even aware of) I then asked to speak to a manager because I said I just didn't feel $25 was an acceptable amount for a room that we couldn't get comfortable. The desk clerk then offered the guarantee to us stating that the manager would call us with a follow up phone call (which did not happen). The motel was exceptionally clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was very good. I didn't like that I had to play a dance to get my money back but I did receive it so that's what matters. I stressed to the clerk to please have maintenance look at the unit because the fan speed definitely wasn't working.

Stayed July 2014
Jonathan H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay with us. It's unfortunate that we were unable to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. I'll be sure to address the issue you experienced at check out with my front desk staff. If you're ever in Flagstaff again we'd love to show you what Hamptonality is all about.

Jonathan Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This Hampton Inn is typical of the excellent experience you get with this chain of hotels.

I had a great stay from check in to check out. I stayed at this location during a cross country road trip, arriving in early evening and checking out the next morning after breakfast.

I like the fact that I can get ready, and eat a quick breakfast without having to go to a separate restaurant before hitting the road.

The room was clean and no problems with any of the amenities available. The hotel appeared to be well kept and clean and neat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, from check in to check out. Thank you for giving my team and I the opportunity to make your travel experience special. The whole Hampton team is dedicated to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Roxton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

There are many nicer places in town for much less money - check elsewhere first - if this is the last resort - be aware you are paying to much for the quality of the hotel! The hotel is showing it's age and the beds are very uncomfortable. Not what I'm used to getting at Hampton.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Unfortunately since it is high season in Flagstaff the rates tend to increase. I will share your concerns with my team in order to offer nothing less than an excellent experience. If you are ever in the area, we'd appreciate the opportunity to provide you with great hospitality.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel was newer, cleaner, friendlier and the service was superb. Aaron at the front desk was very helpful. We told him about an unpleasant stay at the hotel next door, he offered to put us at the back at a quiet location. The frig. door wouldn't shut, the maintenance man couldn't come for awhile so he came right up and fixed it. The breakfast equaled a restaurant, eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit and more. The pool and jacuzzi was clean.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room away from route 66.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jonathan H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback. Aarin is one of our strongest front desk agents, I'll be sure to reward him for his hard work. My team and I are happy to have ensured your satisfaction. Please visit us soon.

South Pasadena, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Pros: Nice décor in hallways and rooms Nicely appointed bathroom Friendly staff Cons: The train runs nearby about every 20 min - this didn't really bother me - in fact I liked the sound - the hotel is right near route 66 so it adds to the nostalgia Small suites - I didn't feel the extra money I paid for a suite was quite worth it Rehabbed facility? Peeling wallpaper and lumpy hallway floors made me think the place had been rehabbed Poor location - Unlike most Hamptons - this one is in the low rent area of Flagstaff - not bad but obviously low income housing nearby - the Flagstaff Mall is near but on the other side of the freeway - I won't go again - I don't think anyway - but it is not a really bad hotel - just not up to Hampton standards IMO.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Nathan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. My team and I will work hard to address your concerns. During summer our rates are a bit higher than usual. I apologize if you felt like you did not receive what you paid for. Our guest's satisfaction is our number #1 priority. If you're in Flagstaff again, we would love to have you.

Heathsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We booked a month ahead of time - for a day when a soccer tournament was in town and all hotels were booked solid. They handled the crowds very well - and the rooms were sufficiently sound proof to permit a good night's sleep. Staff was friendly and well-informed. Breakfast was OK - some hot choices and hard-boiled eggs. Only negative was that the breakfast area was too small.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Nice location from Interstate, the staff was friendly, clean and cozy rooms, tasty breakfast with lots of choices! and very comfortable beds and pillows. Furnishings and rooms are somewhat dated, but overall a nice, clean safe place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!