“Helpful enployee Ana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 E Lockett Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 (Formerly Hampton Inn Flagstaff)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
South Riding, VA
“Helpful enployee Ana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend broke his foot and we had to stay in this hotel five nights on a cross country trip. Everyone in the hotel was very helpful. Ana went out of her way to help get my friend to breakfast each morning. We had no wheel chair so we used the computer chairs on wheels. Ana would wheel him around, take the chair back when we were through, and help in any other way she could. She was an angel!

Room Tip: We needed a room near the elevator. We got the closest one. I think any room in this hotel would...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for such a great review. Ana is an extremely valuable member of our team and we love hearing good things about her. I hope your friend gets back on his feet soon and if you are ever in Flagstaff again, we would love to have you back. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Benicia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed at several Hampton Inns before, and they are mostly newly built with great amenities. So I picked this hotel over others, even though it was farther to places we wanted to visit, and pricier than the other hotels in the neighborhood. It was, however, a much older building, possibly converted to a Hampton Inn, and it showed its age. The single pane windows were very small making the room dark, and you could hear every train passing by. The hotel did not have decent signs, and it was easy to miss the street leading to the hotel.

Otherwise, the service, cleanliness, and breakfast were good as expected from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and let us know how we are doing. Your feedback helps our team continually grow and improve. This property was built originally as a Hampton Inn and we continue to operate under the Hampton's great standards despite having some structural challenges. I am happy to hear about our service, cleanliness and breakfast. Thank you again.
Tijeras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived tired and hungry. There were fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies ready and waiting. The staff was friendly, fast and helpful. We asked about ordering pizza and the clerk gave us a couple of recommendations/menus. We had a second floor room that was clean and roomy with a king size bed, a couch and coffee table, a desk and chair, coffee set up, and, of course, the television. No fridge or microwave though. The breakfast was very good, a large selection of breakfast fare.

There are trains running nearby but the noise was not loud nor did it wake us during the night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Here at The Hampton Inn East Flagstaff we love hearing feedback from our guest. It was a real pleasure to share your review with our team. I hope you come back and see us again sometime.

Thank you!!

Jesse Benites
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The location and noise of this propety resulted in one of my worst hotel stays ever. First and foremost, there is a lot of outside noise that you will hear while inside your room. The most notable of which are the trains that constantly go by and blow their horns at every hour of the night. It's so noticeable, the property has a sign in the lobby stating "Railroad Crossing Near" just as a form of notice to guests. Even within the room, the single pane, jail-size windows let in noise from every passing car and the non-insulated walls will allow you to hear every sound from your neighbor's "extra-curricular" activities at night. Be sure to take ear-plugs.

The room itself is not too bad. The furnishings are standard Hampton Inn furnishings, but the tile in the bathroom definitely needs a refresh. The window in the room is pretty small, so little natural light gets in, resulting in a dungeon like atmosphere.

I am a Diamond Hilton member and have stayed at many of their top end resorts and also many Hampton Inns. I know to temper my expectations based on location and property; however, this was by far the worst experience I have had as a Hilton member. I WOULD NOT STAY at this property again any time in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry about the train noise impacting your stay. A lightning strike recently knocked out wayside warning horns at a crossing near our property. Because of this conductors are required to blow their horns each time at the crossing. The repairs are scheduled to be completed by the middle of the week and the trains will no longer be sounding their horns. Below is a hyperlink to article concerning the recent lighting strike.

Unfortunately it is often the things that we cannot control that cause the greatest impact. I apologize about any inconvenience that this may have caused and hope you continue to stay with Hampton in the future.
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was my first trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon area. I was paying for this room using Hhonor points. I called the hotel to inform them I would be in late and to asure that I had a room. The young lady that was working the desk was very pleasant and assured me that I had a room. I also requested a non-down pillow for my girlfriend. When we arrived, the same employee was working the desk and was very welcoming. She thanked me for being a Hilton Honors guest and told me the pillows I requested were already in my room. After getting me checked she informed me about the breakfast and asked if there was anything else she cold do for me. The next night,after a day of visiting Sedona, we were looking for Pizza in the room. She gave me a list of places to call that deliver to the rooms. It's that extra step that is missing in customer service today. I am in the retail service business and would love to have a hundred of her.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review. Our team really pushes for provide excellent customer service and reviews like this really help the team see how much guest really do appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to share this review.
Boone, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

As soon as we got into Flagstaff we needed info on Grand Canyon tours. The evening manager recommend a great company, contacted them with our questions, and set up our tour for the next day. Service above and beyond!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for sharing this great review! Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff we strive to provide wonderful service and we thrilled to hear about it. Our front desk team was very happy to read this review. Our team really does appreciate the feedback. Thank you again!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was very recently at this hotel.I was traveling with my two young grandchildren and I had arrived prior to the usual check in time. I was pleasently surprised when I was told my room was ready and I could check in now. One of the staff members, Henry Solaric, assisted me with unloading my car and with our luggage. He showed us to our room and on the way pointed out the pool to the kids, which we did use. We found the pool with nice clear water and the hot tub felt great. Angelina was very quick in responding to my request for additional linen. I found my room very clean with plenty of space for the kids. I did not use the internet as I was on a "playtime" trip. I slept very good that night. Great location, near mall resturants and Route 66.
Rachael S.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff we love hearing how our team members help make a trip more enjoyable. Angelina and Henry were delighted to read this review. Thank you so much for sharing