“Many Trains + Lots of Noise = Unrestful Sleep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, AZ

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, AZ to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, AZ
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 E Lockett Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 (Formerly Hampton Inn Flagstaff)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Many Trains + Lots of Noise = Unrestful Sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The location and noise of this propety resulted in one of my worst hotel stays ever. First and foremost, there is a lot of outside noise that you will hear while inside your room. The most notable of which are the trains that constantly go by and blow their horns at every hour of the night. It's so noticeable, the property has a sign in the lobby stating "Railroad Crossing Near" just as a form of notice to guests. Even within the room, the single pane, jail-size windows let in noise from every passing car and the non-insulated walls will allow you to hear every sound from your neighbor's "extra-curricular" activities at night. Be sure to take ear-plugs.

The room itself is not too bad. The furnishings are standard Hampton Inn furnishings, but the tile in the bathroom definitely needs a refresh. The window in the room is pretty small, so little natural light gets in, resulting in a dungeon like atmosphere.

I am a Diamond Hilton member and have stayed at many of their top end resorts and also many Hampton Inns. I know to temper my expectations based on location and property; however, this was by far the worst experience I have had as a Hilton member. I WOULD NOT STAY at this property again any time in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, AZ, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry about the train noise impacting your stay. A lightning strike recently knocked out wayside warning horns at a crossing near our property. Because of this conductors are required to blow their horns each time at the crossing. The repairs are scheduled to be completed by the middle of the week and the trains will no longer be sounding their horns. Below is a hyperlink to article concerning the recent lighting strike.

Unfortunately it is often the things that we cannot control that cause the greatest impact. I apologize about any inconvenience that this may have caused and hope you continue to stay with Hampton in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was my first trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon area. I was paying for this room using Hhonor points. I called the hotel to inform them I would be in late and to asure that I had a room. The young lady that was working the desk was very pleasant and assured me that I had a room. I also requested a non-down pillow for my girlfriend. When we arrived, the same employee was working the desk and was very welcoming. She thanked me for being a Hilton Honors guest and told me the pillows I requested were already in my room. After getting me checked she informed me about the breakfast and asked if there was anything else she cold do for me. The next night,after a day of visiting Sedona, we were looking for Pizza in the room. She gave me a list of places to call that deliver to the rooms. It's that extra step that is missing in customer service today. I am in the retail service business and would love to have a hundred of her.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review. Our team really pushes for provide excellent customer service and reviews like this really help the team see how much guest really do appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to share this review.
Boone, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

As soon as we got into Flagstaff we needed info on Grand Canyon tours. The evening manager recommend a great company, contacted them with our questions, and set up our tour for the next day. Service above and beyond!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for sharing this great review! Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff we strive to provide wonderful service and we thrilled to hear about it. Our front desk team was very happy to read this review. Our team really does appreciate the feedback. Thank you again!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was very recently at this hotel.I was traveling with my two young grandchildren and I had arrived prior to the usual check in time. I was pleasently surprised when I was told my room was ready and I could check in now. One of the staff members, Henry Solaric, assisted me with unloading my car and with our luggage. He showed us to our room and on the way pointed out the pool to the kids, which we did use. We found the pool with nice clear water and the hot tub felt great. Angelina was very quick in responding to my request for additional linen. I found my room very clean with plenty of space for the kids. I did not use the internet as I was on a "playtime" trip. I slept very good that night. Great location, near mall resturants and Route 66.
Rachael S.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff we love hearing how our team members help make a trip more enjoyable. Angelina and Henry were delighted to read this review. Thank you so much for sharing
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our initial contact with the hotel staff the evening we checked in was not great. The front desk attendant was not helpful and was rude. He even accused me of being at the wrong hotel at check in. After a phone call, things were cleared up, but not great. He never apologized for being rude or anything. This just gave us a bad taste in our mouths. Once we got to the room, it was fine. The bed and shower was o.k. Nothing special. Very average. Ther carpet needs updating. The bed jiggled, the bathroom has very little counter space, and the counter that it did have was falling off. The hotel is near a railroad, and we could hear it. Thank goodness it didn't affect our sleep, since we had the fan on all night to block the outside noise. Breakfast was very good and well stocked. There was no fridge or microwave in the room. There was a microwave at breakfast, so you could re-heat your food if it was cold. We also were not impressed that we were never told we were going to be charged extra for having a baby with us. We used our own playpen, our own sheets, and she didn't even have a towel in the room for her -- no extra laundry for them to do. Plus, she didn't eat the breakfast. There really is no reason for this additional charge. There are so many other places to stay in Flagstaff. I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, AZ, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry you had a bad experience with the hotel staff. I will share your review with our team so we can ensure this does not happen again. In addition I wanted to inform you that our hotel does not charge for children. Please feel to contact me anytime to discuss any billing concerns that could have been mistaken for an additional fee for your baby.

Jesse Benites
jesseb@dknhotels.com
928-526-1885
Kirkwood, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I enjoyed the hotel and the staff was amazing. We stayed one night and then moved on. In that on night I used the SLOW business center, the okay pool and great hot tub and had a great breakfast. The rooms we great and clean. I had a great and needed sleep. The bathroom was also clean. Overall, it was an average hotel but a good experience.

Room Tip: I like high floors. This hotel has the same rooms and not really and views. If you want a better v...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, AZ, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Glad to hear you had a good experience with us. We love hearing that the staff, our team, was amazing. I am sorry to hear that you thought your stay was really average and nothing special. We strive to make every experience better than average and we will continue to push for perfection. Thank you for sharing this review!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Average at best. Business Center had very slow Internet access. Rooms were average, comfortable beds. Pool and hot tub were very nice though. Overall just average.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, AZ, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I'm sorry to hear the business center was running slow for you. I followed up with this to ensure this isn't an ongoing issue. Unfortunately sometimes technology can be a little unreliable. Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff our team strives to be above and beyond average and with reviews like yours we are able to keep improving. Thank you again!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, AZ? Share your experiences!