“Great experience for a mid-priced hotel” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 South Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Death Valley National Park, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked my reservations on-line at the La Quinta web site. We smoke, so was looking for hotels we could smoke in. This website listed 2 types of rooms, king deluxe, or 2 doubles. I booked the king deluxe as it was our anniversary. The room was more than we usually pay, nightly rate was $134 ++, but thought it would be worth it because of the location. We wanted to have dinner and drinks at the Red Lobster just down the street, and don't drink and drive, so walking was convient. That said, here is what happened. When we arrived, we were told the type of room I had booked wasn't available, no reason, just not available. Did we want a non-smoking room of the same style or did we want a smoking room? We opted for the smoking room, all the way on the top floor, all the way at the other end of the hall from the lobby!! When we entered the room, found it to have 2 double beds!! Not even close to a king, we went back to the lobby, to ask if they had a king smoking room. We were then told they don't have any king smoking rooms in the hotel!! HUMMM website lied!! Their website, not one of the search engines!! We deceided to stay and make the best of it. I went to the room and cried, my husband tried to comfort me, and finally, I dried up enough to go to dinner (the highlight of the night I might add, see more about it at the Red Lobster review) only to come back to the hotel about an hour later to find all the guests outside!! NOW WHAT!! The fire alarm had went off, forcing everyone out of their rooms!!! Really glad we missed that part!! A maintence man was going around telling everyone they could go back in, it was just a glich in the fire alarm system (think I read something about this in another review) We go in to our room to get ready for bed, as we wanted to have some fun on Saturday. I got into my PJ's and started to get into bed when I realized the pillows were feather!! I am allergic!! I wrapped the pillow in my husband's sweat shirt, and tried to sleep. About an hour later, I woke up coughing and sneezing so hard I vomited!! Called the front desk to ask for a different pillow, was told they would look for one, less than a minute went by when they called back to tell us they didn't have another pillow. No apology, nothing. Now we are thankful for the second bed, becaused we used the blanket and sheets as a pillow. I woke in the morning, after about 5 hours of sleep to big bags under my eyes, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, feeling like crap. Made coffee in the single brew coffee maker which proceded to run over, with grounds in my cup!!! YUMMM love to chew my coffee in the morning!!! Went to the front desk to talk to the GM who hadn't been available since we got there. In his defense, he did comp one night and got us some better pillows, though OK maybe this will be OK. NOT!!! Asked for extra coffee for the coffee maker, maid left extra coffee, but no basket (they are the disposable kind wrapped in plastic). Went out to the car show in downtown (it was awsome!). We came back to the room and ordered food in as we were tired, and didn't feel like going out. The food came it was fine, then off to bed to get a good start on the next day as shopping and driving an hour and a half home was still in the future. Woke up so congested, I could barely breath, I was wheezing and coughing, nose running, eyes watering, you get the picture, when it dawned on me!! This is a pet friendly hotel, and we had seen several people with 3 or more dogs!! According to the hotel's policy, each guest (or room) is allowed 2 small dogs!! I saw german shepards, bassett hounds, beagles, etc. Not exactly what I would call small!! Oh did I mention, I am allergic to dogs!! No wonder I felt so bad, was blaming it all on the feather pillows until they went away. Oh forgot to mention, I take allergy medication, so the saturation of pet dander in the room must have been extreme!! Back to the coffee maker, can't use it, so have to go allllll the way down the hall, down 4 floors in the elevator, down another hall, down another hall to the lobby to get my morning coffee, all the time wheezing and coughing!!! Went back to the room, packed up went down to check out, found out they charged us for the King deluxe room, too frustrated and sick to fight about it!! Checked out and went out to get some fresh air!! Did my shopping, wheezing and coughing, out of breath!! Drove the hour and a half home, turned on my computer, and here I am. If you have any kind of allergies, RUN, RUN, RUN, AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool, we had a great view of the parking lot and 2 tour busses!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is like staying at a deluxe hotel with your dog. We were able to take our dogs in the room. The hotel looked so new and clean and smelled so good. It was spacious for all. The grounds were accomodating for the dogs and picking up poop. They also had a nice pool area which we did not use. The breakfast area in the main lobby was bright and spacious and easy to get in and out. The selection of breakfast items was good as well. We would totally stay here again. ALSO FUN TO SEE ALL THE DOGS AND OWNERS OUT AND ABOUT AT THE HOTEL..

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor facing the parking lot. It was very quiet there..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We checked in on a Saturday around 3:00 pm and from their everything went downhill. I might mention that this was Labor Day weekend; however no excuses should be made for the problems we encountered. Once we entered our hotel room we noticed that the door lock was broken. Next we went to turn on our A/C and to our surprise the A/C would not turn on. Thirdly, we noticed that the refrigerator was not working. The fourth item on the list was that the television was not working. We called the front desk to inform them of the four items that required immediate attention. The operator informed us that a maintenance person was on duty. Kevin was able to fix the door lock, reset the A/C unit and fix the refrigerator. The last item on the list was the non-working television; which did not get repaired until early Sunday evening.
We were issued a slight credit upon checking out on Monday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I hate to tell too many good things because this hotel as it is already popular and it is hard to get a last minute reservation in the summer. We have stayed here for years on our travel northward. We love the wooded quiet setting and the clean rooms that await us. The bedspreads have been upgraded to washable white cover sheets that seem so clean. There are more than enough soft pillows also. Breakfast is basic, but offers enough to feel satisfied. Maybe some fresh fruit and raw veg.s and humus would be a nice addition. Staff is always friendly and always very helpful!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Spent two days in Flagstaff at the La Quinta. The hotel is modern, clean and located on beautiful grounds with tall pine trees. The room was quiet, large and comfortable. A little chilly at night and bu we asked for extra blankets and they were delivered to us. Free breakfast was excellent but when they say until 9AM they mean it. At 9:03, everything is gone. Very efficient. Glad we stayed there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Paula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

La Quinta was a pleasant surprise. It looks quite new, it was very clean, our room was large and it had all the necessary items. The TV was HD, which was great as we watched the Olympics on it. We had a pet for which they charged a fee, but that is common. The room price and the breakfast were both satisfactory. It is also conveniently located a short distance off I-40.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!