“Good Value - Good Location.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Value - Good Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Our family stayed at the Residence Inn during the last week of March 2010. It was very roomy with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living room/kitchen area. We were comfortable with the rooms. They do need some updating and one of the bathroom floors needs to be fixed (needs leveling and reflooring). The free big breakfasts were very good. Lots of food and lots to choose from. Remember to get the free firewood for a nice fire in the evening. The front desk was also very helpful. The location was excellent to visit downtown Flagstaff and to get to the routes to the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed here for two nights. Everyone was friendly and nice and the rooms were clean. We stayed with family and friends and the staff were so accommodating and willing to help in any way. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I stayed here a week in November. The location is excellent - close to lots of National Parks/Monuments, and close to Sedona. You get a lot for your money. Super clean suite rooms. Full breakfast bar, with a delightful lady named Angel running the breakfast area. She is friendly and a pleasure to be around. On certain nights, this hotel has "happy hour" type events from 5 to 7pm with beer, wine and great little snacks. My stay here could not have been better and I would definitely return when in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
QuiltGeek
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed at this establishment for two nights. I was traveling with my spouse and one other adult. When I booked the room, I assumed it would be comparable to other Marriott Residence Inns that I had stayed. It was rated as a level 5 hotel by the Marriott system and I have been a loyal Marriott customer so I assumed it would be a fairly nice hotel.

I was so disappointed. The room was very small especially the bath. The general condition was poor. The outside of the building was okay but the room was in serious need of upgrading. They advertised wireless but unless you were in a room next to the lobby, you had to use wired which prevented us from using more than one laptop at a time. We had chosen to have a room with a fireplace only to find out that in order to use it we had to purchase a log and then it was advised that we open the windows while it was in use.

The staff was friendly and tried to be accommodating but lacked any authority to do anything when there was an issue. We had an issue with ugly stains on the furniture but were told that there was no manager on site to do anything about it. We emailed the contact recommended by their front desk but they did not respond until several days after we had check out. The situation came very close to ruining our vacation. Fortunately we had very good experiences at other establishments for the remainder of our vacation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

I stayed at the Residence Inn for two weeks on business travel. The rooms were clean, grounds well maintained, and continental breakfast was good with many options. Have a kitchen was quite nice for a long stay. The location is not near downtown Flagstaff but is close to major highways. The area around the hotel is nice and I went out on a run on several occasions with no problems or concerns.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
St Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

In May, 2009, my wife and I went to Flagstaff Arizona for our daughter’s graduation from Northern Arizona University. We decided to stay at the Residence Inn because we thought that having a kitchen and sitting room might be useful during our stay. At $250 per night the cost was significantly more than other hotels we might have chosen. But as a long time Marriott customer I have stayed at many Residence Inn’s over the years and have always been satisfied and therefore willing to pay the higher price.

We were very disappointed by many aspects of our stay at the Flagstaff Residence Inn. The overall appearance of the facility is quite shabby and not up to Marriott standards. The two-room suite was cramped. A pod of 4 loud a/c units outside of the bedroom interrupted my sleep numerous times. Our second-story window was at the same level as the rural highway, producing lots of additional road noise.

My guess is that that the proximity of this property to the Grand Canyon results in the "Disneyland Effect." This is the phenomenon where high demand on hotels near major attractions permits them to remain profitable with worn out facilities that offer poor service.

I felt pretty stupid when I paid the $900 bill.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I stayed for four nights in a two-bedroom two-bath suite with my son, my two-year old grandson, and my daughter-in-law's mother, while my daughter-in-law was in the hospital to deliver another baby. It worked out perfectly for us. The suite was entirely satisfactory, the staff was nice, and the grounds (including a pool and hot tub) were pleasant. The full buffet breakfast and the mid-week manager's evening events in the large room behind the lobby were a great bonus. An unusual feature is the grassy, sunken "dog" park beside the hotel, where kids and dogs can get some excercise - and you can watch the many prairie dogs who live there! The location is quiet (golf course across the road and open space behind), but not far from I-40, and a large shopping center with many restaurants and a supermarket is just on the other side of the freeway.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!