“Value Budget Hotel to Visit the Grand Canyon” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 East Lucky Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #30 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Hamilton, Ontario
“Value Budget Hotel to Visit the Grand Canyon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We stayed here to visit the Grand Canyon on a budget. We were able to book this on Priceline for a great price. You definitely need a car if you are staying here. We had a rental car. Loved that there was a Cracker Barrel within walking distance though. Room was average and outdated, but we got what we paid for. Breakfast was included which was average, but they have a waffle maker there which was good. They also have free Wi-Fi. Great hotel for a budget vacation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Traveled with my 13 yr old son and 5 month old daughter. We stayed here for a few nights as we visited the Grand Canyon. They only reason we choose this hotel was the low price and I was happy we did. Free internet, cable, comp. breakfast, you can't beat the price. I did'nt notice any smell. It is an old motel and shows signs of wear, however, my teenage son had no complaints, which is rare. Staff was friendly. I felt safe during our stay, which is a big thing for me since I travel alone with my kids often. It wasn't the best sleep I've ever had, but I'd stay here again for sure because of the cost to value factor.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Ft. Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Easy access from the interstate. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and didn't smell like smoke. Bed and pillows were well used but not stained or smelly. Breakfast was the usual motel fare: cereal, waffles, doughnuts, coffee etc.

FYI if you take a shower DON'T twist the knob just pull it up.....I twisted it and broke the knob. The young lady at the front desk and the maintenance man were very nice about the whole thing.

OK for an overnight stay has all the basics: clean restaurants close by, convenient to the interstate. Like I say if you want more you pay more.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Santa Teresa, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

If you're into vintage old hotels then this is for you. This place is the same as it was no doubt 25 yrs ago! The A/C made a horrible sound all the time. We told the manager and he offered to move us in the morning since they were full. So we couldn't even use the A/C on fan to pull in some of the cool night air.

The room smelled bad too. Also, the free breakfast was only juice, donuts, waffles, fruit and toast. No yogurt! This place is worn out...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tempe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Well, I read the other reviews and thought we hit a great bargain. Reviews were great and the price was under $45 a night. Wow! Well, as the title says....you get what you pay for. It was OK at best. The furnishings including bedspread were quite used. The bed was very worn out. I prefer a firm mattress, but this mattress was very, very soft and almost felt spongy. There was a big gap under the door and I'm sure bugs could easily come in. I didn't find any, but it worried me. It could be nice with a paint job and new mattresses. The door opened without the card key at first. That scared me. After playing with it a bit, it needed the card key to get in. The pool was clean and had warm water. The breakfast was simple with coffee, donuts, cereal, toast, and you could make a waffle. We thought there was a "stain" on the bathroom wall, but didn't touch it to be sure. Again, maybe some paint would have help solve that mystery. There were a couple of young guys who stayed the night and made a mess in the parking lot. The management did clean it up. That's something that you can't control. People can be pigs sometimes. I can't blame that on the hotel. If all you want is a place to shower and sleep for a night, it's probably fine, but don't expect it to be the Hilton or even the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Arrived late after an 11 hour flight and a long drive up from Phoenix, ready to just crash out. Check-in was quick and efficient, we were given a large king room overlooking the pool. Room was fine, clean and in good condition. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was a little unimaginative - donuts, waffles and toast. Juice and coffee were good, bananas were black unfortunately! But for the price it was absolutely fine, and breakfast was enough to keep hunger pangs at bay for a few hours. An early-morning dip in the pool would have been nice, but it's locked until 9am. Not a big problem though.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
East Concord, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

This hotel was very clean and an excellent price too!! The staff was friendly and helpful-the room was quiet and the breakfast was great!! It really helped make our vacation an awesome time!! We stayed 4 nights and have not one complaint!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!