“Was a decent hotel, not luxurious by any means, but not...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane

You added Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 East Lucky Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Pioneer
“Was a decent hotel, not luxurious by any means, but not...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Was a decent hotel, not luxurious by any means, but not horrid. The worst part was that at about 8:00AM someone was trying to get in our room with our room number's card key. Apparently, they had rented the room to them at 8:00AM or double booked. We had until noon to get out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Campo de Criptana, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was staying here with three friends on a west coast road trip. The room was nothing to write home about. It was a dark room and it gave me a dirty vibe not because the room wasn't clean but because the bedding, curtains and carpeting looked very old. Could use an update. The room also smelled a little strange. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. Nice that they had waffles but it was in a cramped corner near the reception and it was difficult to find space to sit down. I did think it was nice that they had a laundromat and a computer in the reception for guests use. It got the job done for a one night stay but I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have stayed here once before on our many trips from CO to CA to see family. The last time I was not that impressed. As other reviews have said this place needs a serious update. The room we got was pretty clean however the bathroom was a little dirty and some of the faucet fixtures were missing or very loose. The OJ was very watered down but at least there was food, lets just say free is a good price to pay for the breakfast cause that's about what its worth. We have also stayed at the Comfort Inn which was excellent, the breakfast was really good but the price not so much. We are leaving for Cali again for the 4th and are planning to stay at this HOJO again because I just don't see paying $130 to stay at the Comfort Inn, the prices in Flagstaff AZ are super high!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel was just two blocks from a Walmart and a couple blocks from the Aquaplex indoor swimming facility. The hotel is right next to 2 or 3 other hotels and a block from the freeway. We had two rooms on the lower level and parked right next to the doors of our rooms which was great. The breakfast includes make your own waffle, and toast but that is the only hot part of it. The rest is cold such as milk, cereal, donuts, OJ, Apple Juice. The waffles were all I needed to be hot for me to be satisfied. No frills at this hotel but it was clean, well maintained, decent beds, and quiet. The building is older, but well made. Got a decent price for a special stay 3 nights deal. It's also part of Wyndam Rewards. It has a smaller outdoor swimming pool which was nice to cool down in. No hot tub, but no big deal for me. For some reason the front desk was giving away free samples of Degree deodorant, so I pickup up a few which was an unexpected perk.

I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is nice because you can pull right up to your room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Highland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Thank you for your help in holding our bags while we took a 4 day trek thorugh the Grand Canyon. Very accomadating. Thank you I would definately return to this hotel and recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Howard johnson ... l, General Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest
Thank you for your stay at Howard Johnson, on Lucky lane and we are happy that you like cleanliness in our room and our friendly staff and great customer services, we hope to see you again, we are delighted to have you with us.
Travelers also viewed these Flagstaff hotels
Days Hotel Flagstaff
Howard Johnson Inn Flagstaff
Howard Johnson Inn Flagstaff
#39 of 63 in Flagstaff
3.0 of 5 stars 190 reviews

Been to Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!