“a good deal for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 East Lucky Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #30 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
“a good deal for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I love the place. I was just passing by an dneeded to stay there for the night. I had good comfortable sleep. The beds were soft and comfy and teh hotel did not mell ( a big turnoff for me). when i first looked at the hotel i was apprehensive about staying but i was plesantly surprised at the rooms. Nothing fancy but it is nice clean and adequate.

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Howard Johnson Flagstaff is sufficient for a single night while passing through the region. I would not want to stay several nights here. I had the misfortune of being at the end of the building next to the road, which is very loud. Otherwise, it was clean and decent. If you are staying several days in Flagstaff, consider another property.

Room Tip: Stay away from the end of the building. The trucks on the road roll by all night, and you will hear...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Nothing fancy here. About what you'd expect in a 2 star place. A little worn looking and right next to a busy road, but the heat and air works, the bed was fine, and the bathroom was fine. The room felt a bit dark, but with all of the lights on, it was fine. We paid $55 for a night here and the value fit that price.

• Stayed March 2013
Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked this Ho Jo location in Flagstaff due to it getting prior good reviews, boy was this a bad decision. We got to flagstaff at about midnight and the night clerk put us up in room 217 which is right next to a major roadway and train tracks. The room was very old and outdated in dire need of a remodel. Throughout the entire night all we heard was trains rolling down the railroad tracks and cars flying down the roadway next to our room at high rates of speed. Neither my wife or I got any decent sleep the whole night due to the noise. When we got up to take showers one of the towels had a long black hair on it GROSS!! The breakfast is OK with a waffle maker and coffee. I will not be staying is the hotel again and should have asked for a refund.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Lacrosse
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Accommodations were a good value for the money. The room smelled as if it had been a smoking room in the past, otherwise ok.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have never been a big Howard Johnson patron, and this most recent visit hasn't helped with my view.

Just outside of Flagstaff off the interstate, so location is good for overnight stop. Rooms as fairly basic, but was clean and the bed was decent (score of 5/10 when compared to more upscale hotels) - the view of the mountains out our door was breathtaking, so that was a plus -- rest goes downhill from there...

Front desk staff was rude and non-accomodating in anyway.. We were stuck in Albuquerque in a storm and called about canceling due to weather and staying in Gallup instead. Instead of being remotely reasonable, the front-desk response was -- your check-out is at 11:00am tomorrow, be here by then or we charge you for the night anyways. Add to that, the rude tone and it just didn't start the idea of staying here off well...

We pushed through the storm and arrived at 2:00am in the morning -- got checked in, after having to provide nearly every identifying piece of information short of a blood type, we finally got room keys.

Rooms were basic, but nothing wrong with them, decent beds and bathroom...

Breakfast might of well of been non-existent -- only hot food was make-your-own waffles which the machine was pretty sub-par for that task... Eating area is very small, can only handle 8-10 people at a time, cramped, dirty and lacking any real oversight by staff - beverages were constantly empty... We decided to go down the road and have Denny's instead...

Checkout was simple... Overall, will likely pass on this location in the future -- other nicer establishments in the immediate area (next door even)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Howard johnson ... l, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Sorry for your experience with a front desk,management will talk to person who check you inn,and we appologies for that,cancellation policy is strict for all most all hotels in this days,reson we notice many time people taking advantage,if you came for breakfast arround 9 or all most by 9 am,because of breakfast time is all most done some times they do not fill up more. management have inform all employees in that sechutation any one even come little after 9 they have to take it out for the guests,we serve all our breakfast according to frenchise recomendation,because of we are not a 5 star hotel we do not serve here hot breakfast like eggs or beacon,when guest comparing breakfast with other hotels they should compare rate also.

Been to Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!