“Found some stuff on the floor that was left behind and one...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 East Lucky Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #24 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have never been a big Howard Johnson patron, and this most recent visit hasn't helped with my view.

Just outside of Flagstaff off the interstate, so location is good for overnight stop. Rooms as fairly basic, but was clean and the bed was decent (score of 5/10 when compared to more upscale hotels) - the view of the mountains out our door was breathtaking, so that was a plus -- rest goes downhill from there...

Front desk staff was rude and non-accomodating in anyway.. We were stuck in Albuquerque in a storm and called about canceling due to weather and staying in Gallup instead. Instead of being remotely reasonable, the front-desk response was -- your check-out is at 11:00am tomorrow, be here by then or we charge you for the night anyways. Add to that, the rude tone and it just didn't start the idea of staying here off well...

We pushed through the storm and arrived at 2:00am in the morning -- got checked in, after having to provide nearly every identifying piece of information short of a blood type, we finally got room keys.

Rooms were basic, but nothing wrong with them, decent beds and bathroom...

Breakfast might of well of been non-existent -- only hot food was make-your-own waffles which the machine was pretty sub-par for that task... Eating area is very small, can only handle 8-10 people at a time, cramped, dirty and lacking any real oversight by staff - beverages were constantly empty... We decided to go down the road and have Denny's instead...

Checkout was simple... Overall, will likely pass on this location in the future -- other nicer establishments in the immediate area (next door even)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Howard johnson ... l, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Sorry for your experience with a front desk,management will talk to person who check you inn,and we appologies for that,cancellation policy is strict for all most all hotels in this days,reson we notice many time people taking advantage,if you came for breakfast arround 9 or all most by 9 am,because of breakfast time is all most done some times they do not fill up more. management have inform all employees in that sechutation any one even come little after 9 they have to take it out for the guests,we serve all our breakfast according to frenchise recomendation,because of we are not a 5 star hotel we do not serve here hot breakfast like eggs or beacon,when guest comparing breakfast with other hotels they should compare rate also.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Got into Flagstaff around 10pm.Check in with no hassle.Rooms are spacious and bed are comfortable.Rooms had iron , blow drier, fridge , microwave and a Coffee pot:) Staff were real nice. I would stay here next time when I bring my kids to visit the Grand Canyon. Restaurant are walking distance from Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for staying with Howard Johnson Inn,we appreaciate your review and happy to here that you enjoye your stay.
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here in October as a base for Northern Arizona/ Grand Canyon, etc. Northern Arizona is quite beautiful and so much to see. This motel was fine for our stay: the room was clean, quiet, and the wifi worked well. The breakfast the next morning was non-edible though. There is a very tiny area and the breakfast was not worth eating. The good news is that you are just a couple of minutes away from downtown Flagstaff, where there are some truly good places to eat. This motel is also fairly close to the train tracks, but we didnt hear anything. On the morning of checkout, a homeless person approached us and asked for money for a bus ride.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place is not the Hilton, it's not the Four Seasons, it's not meant to be and you don't need it to be. Location is great, the rooms are spacious and clean, the front desk is friendly, and the price is cheap. I booked a king bed room for $47 on Expedia. I dropped by here as a way point on my way to Vegas for work and it's just what I needed; a clean, safe place to rest my head. I didn't do the breakfast or anything so I can't comment on it but I will say the fact that it's even available just adds to the value you're getting here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Howard johnson ... l, Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for staying at Howard johnson on lucky lane,we really appreaciate your review,and so happy to here that your stay was plesent,contect us any time for your needs and we can help you with any thing.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I chose this hotel as a jumping off point for the Grand Canyon. Hotel is clean, beds are comfy. It runs close to the highway so its easy on and off. The staff is easy going and friendly. The manager was very pleased to hear that I was happy with the hotel. Breakfast make-your-own waffles were a tasty treat and coffee was available well after 9 am. In room Refrigerator and micro-wave were both spotless. I had a little trouble with WIFi but I couldn't tell why. Nevertheless they have nice computer in the lobby for the use of their guests.
A really nice bonus was the safe on the room. Easily programmable and $1.50 a day!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Howard johnson ... l, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn on Lucky lane for your stay,we appreaciate your bussiness,we like that your stay was relaxing at our hotel.

Been to Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 Exit 198 E. Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!