“Comfortable beds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Texas
“Comfortable beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family stayed here for one night after traveling all day. Good location, not too far from downtown and restaurants. Check in was easy and very friendly staff. We had a queen non smoking room. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms were smaller, fridge, microwave, flat screen tv, wifi and complementary breakfast. We didn't stay doe breakfast because there were too many people and the room was very small. We stayed here for the pet friendly rate. It was $145 total with tax for a Saturday night which is expensive.

Stayed July 2014
Zach P, Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for the kind review of Super 8 Flagstaff, AZ. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that the room accommodations were comfortable for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Cabot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

this was great place for my family of 5 had bunk beds which they enjoyed as well as 2 full or queen beds. the beds were a little hard and covers a little light but overall this place was great for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Zach P, Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you Shannon. We're happy that we can accommodate your family and that you all enjoyed your stay.
St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We decided to stay in Flagstaff after a long drive on our way to Arizona. The Super 8 came into view and we pulled in. This is an older hotel, with easy on and off access. Staying here gets you a 10% discount from the Denny's which is next door, but if you are a Senior you get a 10% off without staying. The room was small and is OK for sleeping.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Zach P, Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for the review Hal. I appreciate your comments and we're happy that you chose to stay with us while in Flagstaff, AZ.
Lincoln City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

On the road, passing thru, quick stop, no frills needed. These guys did the job comfortable, clean, quiet and friendly. My view of Super 8 has been upgraded. My ground floor room was across from the NOISY ice machine but I got that switched to an upstairs room - no problem. This room was closse to a side entrance door which made luggage duty easier. Booked a king bed but got 2 queens - no big deal but space was a bit tight. Breakfast was ok and very congested.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Zach P, Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for the glowing review Lloyd. We're happy that our wonderful staff could accommodate you to make your stay more enjoyable here at Super 8 Flagstaff, AZ.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I only needed a room for one night and the Super 8 offered good value for a pretty decent place. In fact, the room was better than I anticipated. The staff in the evening and morning were all very nice and the continental breakfast even included a waffle maker. I didn't expect that! There are railroad tracks across the street, but I could barely hear them over the sound of the A/C unit.

On to the odor... Our room didn't really have the odor, but the hallways did. It smelled of cigarette smoke mixed with Febreeze. It was funny since all the other rooms on my floor (2nd floor) had non-smoking signs in front of the doors, so we thought the smoke came from outside.

WARNING: This motel DOES NOT have elevators, so just keep that in mind just in case you have a lot of luggage or have travel taking luggage up stairs.

Overall, I'm sure it's better than the other motels in the area at this price point, but not sure if I would stay here again because the odor may bother me.

Room Tip: Might ask for a ground floor room since there are no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your review. Im not sure what building you were in but we do have smoking rooms on our 2nd floor in our main building. I do apologize that the was an inconvenience to you and we'll work more diligently to correct this issue.
Hereford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Room smelled due to being shut up all day and being warm out. Did not get to our room until evening and it took most of the night to cool off without having to listen to the air conditioner all night. Window should have at least been left opened when cleaning was done.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for the review and bringing this issue to our attention Rudolph. I apologize for the issue and we'll be working to resolve this. Unfortunately we're unable to leave windows to rooms open due to security issues. We will be finding an alternative in order to ensure these issue do not continue.

Been to Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall? Share your experiences!