“Stranded in the storm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Stranded in the storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were forced to stop in Flagstaff due to weather conditions when coming back from Santa Fe. We really lucked out with this Super 8, it was so clean and the rooms were very nice with comfortable beds. The clerk went out and dug through the snow drifts to help find our lost car keys.. yes they were in the snow drift.. Village Inn steps away for tasty pie..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was really happy with this hotel. My room was very, very clean - and big for the price. It was also quiet and the guy at the front desk was really nice. I wasn't thrilled with the $15 pet fee and think it's a little excessive, but my dog and I had a nice stay so I guess it was worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Fountain Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Enroute to Albuquerque we stayed a night at this inexpensive property. We found it clean and rather spartan, but adequate for a quick stop. Our room (224) was at the corner of the building and it had an odd layout, with an entry corridor that robs space from the "useful" part of the room. Consequently the furniture is somewhat crownded, and there's no place to unpack luggage except on the night stands or bed. No luggage stand is provided. The free breakfast, an "expanded" continental breakfast, lacked any fresh fruit or healthy cold cereals, but otherwise was ok. The young man at the front desk was courteous and efficient; he gave good directions and eased my doubts about driving the Interstate after an overnight snowfall..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chandler, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I had a brief stay in Flagstaff, AZ. The hotel was clean and had a nice breakfast as well. The location was quite convenient to the attractions we planned to see. While the breakfast was quite good, the size of the breakfast area was quite small.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Havelock North, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Rocked up late after a long drive and asked to see a room, no problem it looked very clean. Busy so no king rooms available but asked for a quiet room (we'd noted there was rail line just across the road) the guy on reception was awesome. He placed us in a room on the far section of the rear block - very quiet indeed and the room was huge. Quiet fridge (yeah) and micro. well done.
How funny is this though: we phoned down to reception in the morning to request to extend an additional 2 nights and the girl said that Super 8 just changed their rates it was now an additional $10 + tax a night! We checked on the web - no price change?
When my husband checked out - brief conversation was 'what are you up to today' - he said 'to find another room for the night and do the Grand Canyon'. What a shame as we are now about a mile down the road in another motel for the same price! If this girl had applied some sense then she'd have booked us in at the same rate and kept our business (this comment is for management). Actually we would definitely stay here again as it was so clean and spacious but the rate she quoted pushed us outside our budget - what a shame

Room Tip: If you wish for a quiet night and away from the highway and railway line then ask for the rear block...