“clean large room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Coldwater, MS
“clean large room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here June 2 after driving straight through from Memphis, TN to California. Front desk was friendly, the room was in another building we had to drive around to. traveled with 3 young children, and were put in a room with 2 queen beds and a set of bunk beds. Room was clean and surprisingly large. Only complaints were that we were near the stairs, and heard people going up and down all night. Also noise coming from the room above us. Could hear when they walked across the room. Microwave hummed loudly all night. Decent breakfast, but the dining area is TINY, and it was packed. Overall, I would rate this hotel as average, Certainly have had better, but then again, have had worse.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review traveler. Having the larger rooms for families is always a bonus. You can never have enough space to relax when traveling. We apologize for the noise from other guest and hope this did;t ruin your stay with us. Should you be traveling through Flagstaff, AZ on your way back to Memphis; please stop in again and we'll make sure you're taken care of.

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Raton, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

i forgot my keys and it cost me $20.74 to get them sent to me do they know about flat rate boxes from the USPS it should have cost no more than $6 at the most, theUSPS would have brought them the box and picked it up all they had to do is print a lable which they did any way, good stay poor service i wish i knew i would have done without

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear traveler, we apologize for the charge being more than you had expected. We use our local UPS store to ship all items that are left in the lost and found. We have them come pick it up and they are the actual company who ships it out and charges you. Please understand if we took the time to personally ship out every left item; this would have a significant impact on how much time would be taken away from our duties of ensuring that the hotel is ready for all of our guests.
Crawley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good - Free parking. Friendly and helpful service. Good size, second floor room and though in need of some renovation was kept clean throughout our two night stay. Good shower.

Not so Good - Just off main highway and main railway. Trains running frequently all through the night and sounding their horns. It didn't bother us too much, but if you want a quiet night, don't book here. Also, I have never known such a small fridge make so much noise. Breakfast was very basic, for instance, two choices of cereal plus waffles, orange squash, not fresh orange juice, coffee constantly running out, not enough seating area. Hotel was definitely overpriced but this could be due to the holiday weekend. Tip. Skip the hotel breakfast and go next door.......yummy! Good food for dinner too or try the Horsemen Lodge 4 miles north, excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Traveler, We appreciate your review of Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall. Having feedback such as the type you provided for us. This ensures that we have the information to correct any errors the best way that we can so that all of our guest are able to have a pleasant stay. Should you be headed back through Flagstaff, AZ we would ask that you give us another opportunity to make your stay a memorable one.
Raton, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayes here 4 weeks, staff was friendly ,helpfull AND THEY DID THERE BEST TO PUT ME IN SAME ROOM EACH WEEK. when u spend as much time in hotels as i do that is important. IT LETS U FEEL LIKE HOME. i highly recomend this hotel for a one night or a extended stay microwave and frig in each room, and a Village inn behind it if u dont want to eat in, there is also lots of fast food places within a mile. I spent moste of my time the last 18 years in hotels and this is HIGH ON MY LIST of places to stay. easy on ans off i 40 also on old rt 66

Room Tip: 106, 110, Has a good( U'LL FREEZ UR TOES OFF) and soft firm matress on the bed. I wanted to stea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Teddy, Thank you for your review. This make us proud to now that you enjoy you stay with us so much. Getting the bed past the front desk definitely would have been a tough on to pull off. Here at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall we try to make every stay wonderful for each of our guests.
Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. The hotel staff and management were very friendly. The hotel breakfast was average. The hotel provided easy access to the interstate and is about 1.5 hours from the Grand Canyon, depending on how fast you drive, the route, and your appreciation for the scenery on the way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall. Being close to the Grand Canyon is one of the perks of stopping in Flagstaff, AZ. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your trip to the Grand Canyon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Good welcome from front staff. Large Room on second floor with 2 queen beds, nice and clean with comfy bed. Convenient situation for Flagstaff Mall and local amenities. Breakfast in front lobby with limited space to sit and eat. Only stayed 1 night as on our way through to Monument Valley.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear traveler, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall. Plans are in the works to expand our breakfast area as we do understand space is key to being comfortable. Currently we've added outdoor seating to enjoy the beautiful Flagstaff weather while getting fueled up for the road with our SuperStart breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall? Share your experiences!