“Maybe not top of the line but just as good for sleeping” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3725 N Kasper Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
SUN CITY
“Maybe not top of the line but just as good for sleeping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Arrived over very busy, New Year "NO Vacancy> conditions.: We had reservations. Front desk was very polite and resourceful under the working conditions. Room was very clean and warm at all times, not easy when it is zero degrees outside. Entire staff was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was provided and quite adequate- the dining area needs to be larger.
We were very pleased with our three day stay and would stay again. Great value for the dollar. Pillows are the worst!!! Take your own

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Jules B, Staying warm is key to being in Flagstaff during the winter. We're glad to hear you were able to do just that at Super 8 Flagstaff, AZ. We hope your New Years was enjoyable. As for the pillows, I'm not sure why they were so bad; we just recently replaced them. I'll look into it and make sure that issue is resolved. Zach Polston - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Rockledge, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was placed next to the front door and vending machine, so I got to no sleep due to guests coming and going slamming the door throughout the entire night. After complaining the the front desk, their reply was yup! that is a horrible place for a room,laughing at me.
I will never recommend this or any other Super 8, nor will I ever stay in one again. Horrible experience and expectations on how to handle a complaint! Put me in a handicapped and I'm not even handicapped! Shower spayed every where.

Ending on a positive note. There was a young man who charged my iphone for me:) He should be the manager!

Harvey B. Knight

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Mr. Knight, I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately because of the way the hotel was built; I have rooms next to entrances. That is something I cannot change. As for the staff; that is something I can change and I can assure you that this issue will never happen again. Sincerely, Zach Polston.
Helotes, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Sure, it wasn't the greatest place we stayed at during our Christmas vacation. Although the room may have been a bit small with a slight odor (mayby something cooked in the microwave?), all in all compared to the other hotels in the same location it was a good value!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear Traveler, Thank you for your review. I will make sure we get the issue with the smell taken care of. Unfortunately you weren't please with the size of your room, however, we do offer more spacious rooms at our location as well. We hope you enjoyed your holiday season. Sincerely, Zach Polston
Vernon, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

hi just wanted to let everyone know this is a graet hotel it was very clean and up to date we stayed 3 nights and had 2 rooms both were very clean and nice the staff was very helpful and friendly had a problem with credit card issue and the manager zack and theresa were very helpful and considerate and took care of it very efficently will be back and will stay there again also there is train noise but nothing that should keep u awake if so u need to stay at home theres nothing they can do about it thats everywhere in flagstaff thanks again zack and staff great job lori and sam walls vernon tx

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Walls, I'm so please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure helping you and I will make sure to pass along your kind comments to Theresa. Sincerely, Zach Polston
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We use this motel all the time, and the staff has been consistently rude and indifferent. Don't assume your reservation and confirmation number mean anything. They'll gladly sell the room out from under you. Be prepared to be lied to.

The railroad noise is amazing. With over 100 trains a day right in front of the place, and a grade crossing to boot, be prepared to stay awake. The walls are thin, the place is noisy. This place is very expensive for what you get. There are plenty of great hotels in Flagstaff, including three good Motel 6's. By the way, if these people won't help you, the Motel 6 folks are very good about accommodating you. - Burned one to many times after staying here about 15 or 20 times.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else where they care about your business. These people don't, they'll gladly...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Craig G. We're sorry to hear that your stay wasn't enjoyably. We strive to make every guests stay a pleasant one. Unfortunately train noise is a common occurrence in Flagstaff, as the railroad track run right through the middle if town. Should you choose to give our hotel another chance, please call and ask for me directly. I'll make sure your stay is nothing like your last one. Zach Polston - GM
Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We are not usually ones to complain but we found the beds hard (cheap mattresses, not pillowtop) and it was very expensive for a no frills hotel. Next time we will allow more time to find somewhere that is a better value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Traveler, We are currently in the process of upgrading our rooms and in the coming months we will be replacing all of our mattresses with brand new pillow top mattresses. I hope that on your next stay in Flagstaff; you will allow us a 2nd change. You wont be disappointed.

Been to Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall? Share your experiences!