“Good but overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Good but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on the way to Albuquerque. Stuff was very nice.Room was clean.Bathroom was clean as well.The one thing is the price.It was expensive for a simple motel.Grand for one night stay but recommend to find cheaper place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. unfortunately in Flagstaff hotel/motel prices are generally higher than other areas. We strive to keep our rate as low as possible. Hopefully on your next travels, we can offer you more of what you're looking for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Kópavogur, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good location, nice motel, clean rooms, very lovely staff. nice breakfast, access to a computer, but rather a small space to eat breakfast, I'll come back.here. Little disturbance from the ice machine, which was next door

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We always enjoy hearing from our guests.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

we will never stay here again. Bathroom was filthy , bathroom wall light switch was not washed off for months. Very Dark and there Was a one inch gap under the door. furniture was from the 60s. And really needed updated.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear guest, I'm not sure if you have reviewed the correct hotel as we have furniture that is only 5 years old. As for the cleanliness of the restroom, I apologize for it. There is no reason that it should be overlooked and i will make sure my staff does a better job in the future.
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We called and told them we had a coupon for $59 from the travelers guide and they said it was fine and booked our stay but when we got there told us it would be $99. The room was clean. That's about the only nice thing I can say. In the morning the maid tried to come in when we were getting dressed at 9am and was rude when we asked her to come back. When we went to breakfast and came back she asked us to leave so she could clean the room even tho it was 10am and check out was at 11. I will avoid Super8 hotels at any cost!

• Stayed August 2012
My apologies to you traveler. This is unacceptable for any hotel and extremely unacceptable for my hotels. I have reviewed the policy and procedures with my housekeeping staff and can assure you that this issue has stopped. I do hope that this one bad experience with Super 8 doesn't shy you away from the brand.
Vnorvy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Terribly overpriced, even with AAA. I must begin by saying we were lucky to find a room in Flagstaff after driving 10 hours; it is tourist season, afterall, at the Grand Canyon! So considering our option of sleeping in the car- it was wonderful. Because I would not take a standard room-smoking, the guest service kindly upgraded me at no extra charge to a non-smoking suite, which was spacious, included 2 queen beds and set of bunk beds. However, it never occurred to me to ask about pet-free or non-pet rooms! They allow pets in every room! So you never know what has been there before you! The room was just - dirty. Sticky residue and wet spots in many places on carpet I kept stepping on. Had to place some of the -very few- towels over the spots as reminders to avoid. Food behind nightstand and under bed (discovered when I had to move nightstand to find outlet for chargers). Somebody's black sock left behind in the bathroom! I asked for a different room - they were sold out. I requested a discount upon checkout and the staff was very indifferent. Breakfast room has already been addressed on this post - small, poor offerings, sticky, sticky tables, chairs and floors.

Room Tip: Perhaps in the off-season the hotel is in better shape; it was very busy. Consider checking out your...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear traveler, thank you for your review. I wanted to let you know that I have taken the time to retrain my staff regarding each issue that you experienced during your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience and hope that on your next travels through the area, you'll stop back by and we'll show you the quality and comfort you expect.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The room was comfortable, which is always the best thing. However the maids came to clean my room even though i made sure the sign was on before i left. Not cool. Also they have a multitude of websites they deem as "illegal".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
FlagSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Traveler, I'm please to hear you enjoyed the room you had booked with us. I want to apologize for the maids entering your room even though you had a sign out that said it was not necessary. I will make sure that issue is addressed. recently we had some issues with guests downloading music and movies illegally through our internet. Our internet provider has put a block for a month on some of the sites it deems as inappropriate. After this time period, access to all sites will be managed byu our network administrator to allow only harmful sites to be blocked.
Awol and might not go back
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We booked 1 queen room and had proof on our I pad, we have been travelling for over 2 months and have all bookings on my bookings,there was only 1 booking made. The receptionist produced 2 bookings and insisted we had to pay it got very unpleasant,we gave the key back for second room, she was not at all interested in helping. We sorted it the next morning but it ruined our 2 night stay. The rooms were shabby. The breakfast was not up to scratch, it is served in reception which is small with not enough seating. On our last morning I saw the manager arrive while I was eating breakfast and he spat on the drive right outside the reception, so no I would not recommend this place, my 1st terrible review in 2 months.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear traveler,

I find it hard to believe that that an issue such as 2 rooms being booked instead of one, would have ruined your 2 night stay. You still stayed with us and ended up not having to pay for the 2nd room; which was a courtesy by our hotel. Generally when there are 2 rooms booked, guests have to pay for them. It is beyond the control of the hotel to manage bookings made from sites other than our own.
As for our rooms, we have excellent rooms. We just spent an exorbitant amount of money to upgrade almost every aspect of our rooms. I do not think its fair to say they were shabby.
As for a manager spitting in the parking lot; its a parking lot, not the hallways inside. If you're not please with the service provided, i would ask that you find alternate lodging next time you come through Flagstaff.

Been to Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall? Share your experiences!