“Would give the radisson woodlands a miss!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1175 West Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Woodlands Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Ireland
“Would give the radisson woodlands a miss!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

Hotel itself was fine but the staff and the service were terrible. We ate in the restaurant and the service was terrible and when we eventually got our food it was cold. There was one member of staff who seems to do everything while the others just floated around. We made a complaint and it did not improve much afterwards. Would not recommend this hotel if you would like to be made welcome

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2007

Stayed here in November 2006 after our aircraft required maintenance - we were stuck in Flagstaff for the evening. The hotel was nice; I upgraded to a Sleep-Number-Bed for an extra $10/night. The room was comfortable and clean.

The hotel bar is OK, and there is an awesome teppanyaki restaurant (Japanese "cook on the table") connected to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hoboken, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

We stayed here April 3rd/4th 2007. My boyfriend was ill when we checked into this hotel, after spending a day touring the Wupatki National Park.

We had a lot of trouble finding the hotel - there is one sign outside Flagstaff at exit 91 on I 40 East, but nothing on the westbound I 40 at the same exit. When we finally arrived our first impression of the room was fine - two comfortable Sleep number beds with clean and fresh bedding, and a nice large bathroom.

We went downstairs to get something to eat in the busy hotel restaurant, and they were very understanding when we changed plans and decided to go back to the room to get some rest. I picked up the food from the restaurant, but was not impressed by the high price. I felt like I had ordered room service. Breakfast was also very expensive.

The room was comfortable, but when our upstairs neighbours started to repeatedly inflate and deflate their sleep number beds at 6am, we realized we would not get more sleep.

The desk staff were nice, but a combination of youth and a slightly impersonal style did not make us feel that they cared too much. Otherwise, it was a nice place.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2007

Very Very Nice, Close to everything, the Best hotel in Flagstaff. Loved the sleep number beds.

• Liked — Sleep number beds and cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2007

I was on a trip from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon and booked this hotel for one night. The first thing I noticed was how beat up and warn out everything was - the doors, rugs, furniture were all shabby and dirty. This hotel has the appearance of a poorly maintained property from the 1980's. The caulking in the bathroom was all stained and filthy as well.

I was put in the rear building, across the lot from the main hotel. I will say the sleep number bed appeared new and the bedding was clean and fresh. However, this was the noisiest room I have ever stayed in. I could hear people (sounded like elephants) walking in the room above me all night, and every time they ran water or flushed the toiled, it sounded like a river running.

The exercise room consisted of one treadmill and two other pieces of equipment, which were all in use each time I checked. Could have used more.

Finally, I was surprised that I did not receive a statement under my door in the morning, I guess I was expected to actually go to the desk to check out, but I was in such a hurry to get out of there I just left.

I was very disappointed in this hotel. There are many newer and I suppose cleaner options in Flagstaff.

Stayed March 2007
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

My spouse and I walked into this hotel after seeing a high review for the sushi bar in a guide book. We were returning from a week camping in the Grand Canyon and were looking for a warm, dry bed. We were very surprised at the friendly welcome, inviting atrium, and burning fireplace. Our room was neat and very quiet. The staff was some the friendliness we have encountered in our travels. We decided to take a hike in the morning and missed noon checkout. When we returned, the staff only asked how our hike was and extended our checkout by two hours. This property is a little off the main area of Flagstaff, but worth this inconvience. PS. the sushi was excellent

• Liked — Food, quiet room, bed linens
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

My family and I stayed there on March 21,2007. The hotel is off the beaten path in Flagstaff, which was fine. The condition of the property was definetly upgraded from recent reviews on this website that I reviewed.

Check in was quick and the staff was very helpful at first. We were given our room keys and sent off packing to the room. The room itself was nice except for the view. Our window overlooking the front of the hotel was covered by the facade on the front of the hotel with a very "partial view" of some of the mountain scenery.
The armoire what held the television would not allow you to pull out the television, with a teenager this was a big hassle.

When it came to the wireless internet that was another story, as with most computers it was not very fast as you would want it to be and it would allow you in so far to a web page and then it would throw you out to the hotel's homepage on the television set. So I called Guest Services to ask that this be taken care of. One hour later along with the room service meal which we ordered (the food and service from room service was outstanding), a hotel representive came to our rescue or so we thought. After showing him what happened, he said he would have to reboot their computer. Well about an hour later I had not heard anything, I called Guest Services and the lady at the desk assured me she would findout what was going on. Another hour passed and still no response from anyone, so I called again to Guest Services. The young lady to who I had spoken to earlier started telling me she had called everyone and she could not understand why we had not been helped.

At this point I was a little miffed and I said to the Guest services person I am not blaming you but since it looks like this a situation that is not being handled properly please remove the charge from my bill and she gladly did so.

Oh and also I had requested extra bath towels that came two hours later too!

But then to make this even more interesting, when we checked out my daughter forgot and left her rings in the room and were 8 miles outside Flagstaff heading home when she realized this. I quickly called the hotel and spoke to housekeeping and the lady there went right up to the room and called me back that they did find the rings and had them left at the front desk for us to pick them up! Which I did!

• Liked — It was a comfortable room
  • Disliked — Lousy view and uncaring staff
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!