“Great Hotel & Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1175 West Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Woodlands Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$99 North Pole Experience
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Hotel & Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

I stayed at this hotel on busines for six days in August on three different occassions.

The staff here is friendly and the rooms are great and very affordable. Each different room I stayed in had a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed which is terrific. Plenty of space in the room and the lavatory made for a great stay. Parking is easy and convenient and is free.

The Sakura Japanese restaurant downstairs is one of the BEST Japanese teppanyaki places I have ever eaten. Make sure you order an appetizer because they are HUGE. They give you tons more than your average teppanyaki restaurant and it tastes wonderful. Every thing I ordered was outstanding.

If I had any gripes it would be with the computer in the lobby for internet service. There is only one terminal and you almost always have to wait.

Overall though this is a place I would definitely go back to.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The hotel bar closed early
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure to ask for a sleep number bed
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

I read the reviews before I decided to stay here. The reviews were mixed; I was a little nervous...

I stayed for one night for the AZ Governor's Rural Conference. My room was nice, clean and quiet.

I had read some of the comments about the adjustable beds in the rooms, and decided just to leave the thing alone and take my chances. I found the bed to be very comfortable.

I had also read about the trains that run through town but I did not hear the whistle at anytime. I did hear a police car go by sometime in the middle of the night and it was so loud I thought the car was driving down the hallway!

The rate was very reasonable. I told my wife what I paid when I got home and she couldn't believe it. We pay double that here in Los Angeles.

I would stay here again. I would recommend it to anyone. Just ask for a room that faces south and you might be able to avoid the train whistles.

• Liked — Easy access to highway and town
  • Disliked — Parking lot fills up fast
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room facing south
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2006

There is a much better hotel than this. We stayed our second night at the Comfort Inn and found it to be so much better. About the Radisson:
Exclusive lobby area and desktop computer available for free. My teens really liked this. The pool was ok.
The room was nice with space for a rollaway. Once we got it.
Housekeeping is terrible. It took 5 phone calls to get our rollaway bed, 2 to a manager. They seem very understaffed. They also knocked on our door at 8am. I told them to come back in 3 hours after checkout and they knocked again at 8:30 and 9am. I complained to the front desk. Be sure and put out your do not disturb card.
I could not get to sleep on their "comfort controlled beds". They were awful. Uneven and just not comfortable for us.
Front desk staff were very helpful when we had to reschedule our entire trip due to the fires in Sedona. Between them and access to the internet, our vacation was saved.
Due to the beds, would not stay a second night.

• Stayed June 2006
Santa Barbara
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

We stayed for 7 nights and had a "just okay" experience. I expected the hotel to be much nicer, and the hotel was nice, but the room was very average.

ROOM - I agree with another reviewer who said they couldn't tell the difference between the settings on the "Sleep Comfort" beds. Just an average bed so don't pay extra. Also we had a terrible time with the wireless internet connection, which kept dropping. The only place it would work was perched on the corner of the bed and if no one walked past it.

FOOD - We had a couple good meals in the cafe and one bad one (cheese gone bad). Try the Galaxy Cafe, just down Hwy 66 about 1/4 mile, kind of a funky old fashioned diner with friendly staff, bright and clean. We didn't get to eat in Sakura, the sushi/teppanyaki (sp?) restaurant but heard great things about it from the locals we talked to.

SERVICE - Was spotty from the front desk (didn't want to hold our bags after checkout) to housekeeping, (came pounding on our door at 9:20 am to clean and were not friendly at any point.) We did like the bar and the bartender.

LOCATION - We had a rental car and Flagstaff is pretty small so anywhere near downtown is a good location. Hotel is right near a shopping center with grocery store, Walmart, etc. and a restaurant called Buffalo Wild Wings which we really liked for a casual lunch.

Since service is the most important thing to me, I would not stay here again and would not recommend it. Flagstaff is loaded with hotels - The Embassy Suites and Hilton are nearby and might be a better option, though a little more expensive.

• Stayed June 2006
Moro, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

Beautiful, elegant lobby. We were upgraded into a Select Comfort suite. It was a comfortable room, but one side of the bed didn't stay inflated. Otherwise, it was fine. The outdoor pool was large and also featured a whirlpool. Both were very clean and well-stocked with plush towels. There is a larger whrlpool inside with a large window looking out. The sauna was great. Breakfast is not included, so we opted for the breakfast buffet in one of the hotel's restaurants. Wish we had looked t it first, as it was a disappointment for the cost - around $10.50 for bacon, scrambled eggs (powdered, it seemed), cottage fries, and mixed fruit. There were 3 or 4 kinds of bread for toast, but that was it. Certainly not worth the money. Would have been nice to have some pancakes, sausage, french toast, and yoghurt as well. There is also a Japanese Restaurant on the premises, but we did not try it. I've stayed in 4 other properties in Flagstaff, and this was the nicest. The front desk staff were especially nice and accomodating

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2006

Stayed in the hotel for several nights, and it was a great experience. Clean, attractive, spacious rooms, great staff. I have a son at the local university and so have tried most of the upscale chain hotels in Flagstaff, and the Radisson is by far the best.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

We had stayed here before and were unimpressed with it, but decided to give it a second chance. Second time round the food was still bad, poor service and staff unhelpful. The pressurised pipe noises that we had read about from the wall of the room, happened to us in our room. So, not a very pleasant stay.

Stayed May 2006

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!