“Okay for the $$” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn I-40 & I-17

You added Quality Inn I-40 & I-17 to your Saves list
Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 S. Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Quality Inn University)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Texas
“Okay for the $$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

if you are looking for a no frills place to sleep, then this is your place. Breakfast was just your typical pastry & boiled eggs. We opted for breakfast elsewhere. The room was okay...beds were a bit hard and did not appear to be queen size, even though that is what we paid for. We will probably stay at a different hotel during our next stop in Flagstaff.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Nothing to brag about
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Asheboro,NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

We just completed a 4-night stay with 7 rooms and group of 22. The views of the San Francisco Peaks are awesome. Continental breakfast is adequate with cereal, oatmeal, bagels, toast and pastries. There is a large room one flight up for the breakfast crowd with picture window views of the mountains. This hotel is very convenient to I-40 and I-17. Historic downtown area is within a few miles straight up the street. Front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable about attractions and delivery foods. (even had pre-printed map to closest Wal-mart, Target, etc) We heard no trains , but the walls are quite thin. Several restaurants are within walking distance. This is a good value hotel for the money. Family and pet friendly!

• Liked — Outstanding views
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

My party stayed here for two nights in June 06.It was fine.Our rooms were clean and well maintained.The breakfasts were nothing to write home about but better than nothing i supose.The hotel is in a reasonable part of town without the dreaded train noise that Fagstaff is renouned for.The front desk were very helpfull and gave us good ideas for dinnng. A decent option if your stuck for a room as Flagstaff can get very very busy.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — stay in this part of town to avoid the train noise.
Stayed June 2006
SeriousGM, Assistant G.M. at Quality Inn I-40 & I-17, responded to this review, December 5, 2007
Thank you, everyone, who has commented on our property, even the "not soo good" reviews. Because of them, we now know what areas to work on. For example, we are eliminating some of our smoking rooms. We, also, have air fresheners in the corriders so you will not have to smell smoke, walking to your room. I believe we have an amazing breakfast, however some have commented that is was just alright. Well, we are working on getting a hot breakfast. Hopefully it will be more than alright. I also just wanted to let every Trip Advisor faithful, that we have just recieved a GOLD AWARD from Choice Hotels International.
Tuba City, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

The Quality Inn by the NAU campus must have been a dorm that was converted into a motel. There is a lobby with two stairs that lead to the second floor and NO elevators. We had several large heavy bags and had to drag them up to the second floor. The rooms are very tiny with low ceilings. You could hear people walking in the hallway and even people talking next door.
However, the continental breakfast was good and they had a good variety.

Santa Cruz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn while visiting our daughter at NAU, but the only Quality we experienced was poor quality. The nonsmoking room smelled of cigarette smoke as did the corridor, which was no surprise as they locate their smoking rooms on the end of the corridors. Every time an exterior door was opened it drove the fumes down the interior corridors. The bathrooms were tiny and had no windows or fans for ventilation. As the only light was a heat lamp, taking a shower was more like a sauna, and heaven forbid if someone had "used the facilities" before your shower.Two of the lights in our room did not work, and there was a broken light bulb in the corner on the floor when we checked in. We brought the matter to the attention of housekeeping, and they replaced the bulb in one of the lamps, but no one ever cleaned up the broken glass in the corner. For all I know it may still be there. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2006
St. Robert, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2006

Spent two nights at the Quality Inn, Flagstaff AZ, 11-12 APR 06. It was very nice, affordable and the service was above average. The rooms were very clean and well maintained, the only weakness was the fact that the walls are a bit weak on sound insulation so if your neighbors are noisey you might be disturbed if you're not a sound sleeper, I used the radio to drown out the conversations. Continental breakfast was good, nothing fancy but it was filling and allowed an early start without having to deal with breakfast, could use a few more seats. There are several resturants within walking distance to the hotel, I recommend CoCo's, the hotel is located close to I-40 so it is easy to find.
Overall I would stay there again without pause. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rates were reasonable as well so if your in the area and need a room I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2006
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

The lobby area was nice, the clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean except for a suspicious stain on the bedspread. The room was large and well appointed for a cheaper hotel. The pool was closed. No spa/hot tub.

We could not hear the trains at all but, we heard the crying baby next door all night. We heard plumbing noises, noises from the lobby. The interior walls are very, very thin. We could hear TVs, coughing, HVAC system noises. We did not get a good night's rest. I was so worried about the trains...

The continental breakfast was better than I expected but there really isn't many places to sit down. I ate in my room. There were more food choices than I expected. Hot and cold cereal, bagels, sweet rolls, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Quality Inn I-40 & I-17? Share your experiences!