“Quick Stop” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn I-40 & I-17

You added Quality Inn I-40 & I-17 to your Saves list
Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 S. Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Quality Inn University)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Ok
“Quick Stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stopped here for a few hours of sleep on our way home from vacation.

The young lady who took my reservation over the phone was very polite and helpful seeing as how we called last minute to book a room. The hotel could definitely use a little updating. The room was very large and the beds comfortable. We didn't stay for the free breakfast but it looked really good.

We would definitely stay here again if we were driving through and needed a nights rest, since the room was clean (although the hallways were VERY strong smelling of air fresheners) and the ac worked well. But if we were looking for a vacation stay we would probably look for a place with a little more updated equipment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Free breakfast was good other than that this Quality Inn is in serious need of upgrades. I used to frequent the small bar back in the 1980s. I felt like I was back in the 1980s. Carpet needs replacing in halls and room. Pillows were literally half of a regular size pillow. Beds uncomfortable. It's a shame because back in the day this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We got a special rate for a group but we would stay here again at regular rate. Clean, comfortable, best hotel breakfast ever included, nice pool which was not used much by other guests. Near a number of restaurants of different types and prices. Don't miss the drive up Oak Creek Canyon on way to Flag.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had zero complaints about this hotel during my three day stay. At check in Mike and another guy were working and they were great! Mike gave me maps of the town and shopping centers, etc. He had awesome recommendations on places to eat, things to do and hiking trails. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful, I talked to quite a few of the employees and the girls were all extremely helpful. Good coffee in the morning. Clean swimming pool for being outdoors and was heated I think. When I walked into my room is smelled clean. I did not find one thing wrong with my room. The housekeepers here are really thorough (I used to work front desk and housekeeping for a few years). I check everything when I walk into a hotel room, This place might not be extremely modern but it is clean and comfortable. My bed was comfy and my pillows were nice. I had a problem free stay here and am so pleased that I picked this place instead of another hotel because it's a great price and great quality with friendly staff members. I will come back to this hotel the next time I'm in flagstaff!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've stayed here and we have no complaints. The beds are comfortable, the room was clean, hot breakfast. Nothing fancy. We just needed one night. Although it says something about "no train noise", my "alarm" the following morning actually was the train (I am a light sleeper though). Mike at front desk went far and beyond with his service. First, we didn't have reservations and it was a holiday weekend. Then my husband haggled him by trying to bargain a better price and when we were finally convinced that he couldn't go lower and accepted, when he printed out the reciept for us to sign, he had dropped the price to what we had asked for!! On top of that, my husband had lost his phone charger and Mike hooked it up to a charger that they had at front desk, my husband went to buy one at Walmart and when he returned Mike told him that he shouldn't have done that, he actually gave him the charger!! Needless to say we returned the Walmart charger the following day....Mike deserves a raise! He rocks!

Room Tip: Bargain for a better rate! You might be surprised.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had 2 nice nights over Memorial Day weekend. I priced everything around this location and they really had the best prices. Room was quiet:) We had our dog w/us and he wasn't upset by any thing which is nice. Location was great. Bed was a little uncomfortable. Every thing was very clean. It is a bit dated - the bathroom counter is a bit small and it was hard to shut the bathroom door w/out sitting down on the toilet (ie small). The ladies at the breakfast are super nice and helpful. It was a full breakfast w/hot food (eggs and sauages) as well as other breakfast items. It isn't a 5 star place but a good deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

What you expect is pretty much what you get. There are a ton of hotels right at this intersection, so shop for price. This one has slightly lumpy beds, clean but worn carpets and linens. A tip about the shower... I found it practical to wash my hair only while kneeling in the tub, as the shower head comes out of the wall about 4.5 feel above the tub floor, and the ceiling was just 2 feet above that and unprotected from water. Kneeling in the tub wasn't much fun, given the strips of antislip surface, but got the job done. Breakfast was fine but unremarkable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn I-40 & I-17? Share your experiences!