“Adequate” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn I-40 & I-17

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn I-40 & I-17 to your Saves list
Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 S. Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Quality Inn University)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Paris
“Adequate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. The hotel was adequate, but dated and tired. The bed was comfortable, TV decent, internet good. The biggest minus was that the walls are thin and you cannot turn the ventilation fan on to get some white noise without it blowing hot air in the winter or cold air in the summer. The thermostat does not work to control the temperature, and according to the personnel, that is the way it is. We ended up sleeping with the hot air blowing and the window open. The biggest plus was a very friendly, courteous, and helpful staff especially during a several day period of heavy snow. They did an excellent job of keeping the parking areas plowed and manageable. There are other hotels in close proximity that appear newer, and would likely be worth the additional $20-30 per night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Garden Grove
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was average but better than the one in Kingman, Az. It had restaurants close by and The rooms were clean and it had all the same extras that the other one had. TV -refrigerator - microwave and coffee maker.

Room Tip: Not too thrilled with Quality Inns.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Shropshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Not the best Choice Hotel we stayed at during our drive across America, but not the worst either. As others have said, it's a bit tired and in need of a makeover. But we enjoyed our stay there. It was thanks to the reception staff that we stayed an extra night and took the Angel Date's tour of the Grand Canyon, so special plaudits for the staff. The light switch in the bathroom was hard to find - halfway down the long wall. The hotel can be tricky to find. Take the ramp immediately to the left of the gas station (a Mobile on Google street view, but Shell when we were there). If you take the next turning you end up in some accommodation place for the Mormons. There is a Denny's on the right hand side of the gas station to eat at.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed 10/15. Could not get into our first choice hotel but had a coupon for the Quality inn that gave us a final price, with tax, of $75.78. I'm a Choice Diamond Elite member and travel all the time, but have to say this hotel ranks near the bottom of my list.

The desk staff were friendly and efficient, but the coupon I had was for the 2nd floor in this pet friendly hotel... And there is no elevator. Could deal with that, but the carpets were dirty, the air conditioning didn't work, plumbing was faulty, everything was poorly maintained... and the room had a foul smell.

As we were checking out, the two customers in front of us were complaining about the smell, non-functioning HVAC and plumbing that didn't work.... So we were not alone in our negative opinions. Will not stay there again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've stayed at this great location several times over the last 5 years with kids attending NAU. While the personnel is great, as is the breakfast, this hotel is due for a good scrubbing. The smell of old cigarette smoke is so pungent that I had to buy Fabreeze spray and a fragrant candle for my last multi night stay. This could be a great property - location is great, no train noise, kind of a retro feel. It just needs fresh paint, carpet, mattresses, etc. The breakfast setup needs improvement too.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby and ask for a north facing room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Oneida, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Good......clean, central location, nice cooked breakfast.

The Bad.....they let dogs in and the ones next to us howled and barked at various times. Last night at midnight. The driveway is hidden within a gas station with poor signage as how to get into the property.

The Ugly...people take their dogs to breakfast,,,,right in the dining room with the rest of us.

And if you have dog or cat alergies.....this is not the place for you.

I am a member of their awards program and they put us in the area of the motel with the pet rooms. Nice.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel smells musty with a lingering smoke smell in lobby, also in the halls. The rooms need a deep cleaning for the price I paid due to flagstaff being a high season I should have paid the extra money to stay elsewhere. Rooms smelt musty and of old smoke. Beds are ok if you just need somewhere to sleep and are not spending much time in room this is your place. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Quality Inn I-40 & I-17? Share your experiences!