“If you want a comfortable bed, look elsewhere.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn I-40 & I-17

You added Quality Inn I-40 & I-17 to your Saves list
Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 S. Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Quality Inn University)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Wilmington, Delaware
“If you want a comfortable bed, look elsewhere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel three years ago and found it to be okay. However, I just returned this past weekend for was was supposed to be a three night stay. I wound up leaving after one night.

The location is great and it's quiet, but the bed was so uncomfortable I just couldn't see how I would be able to make it through two more nights. I think the mattresses must be 30 years old.

If you don't care about comfort, you might not be bothered. But I was.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
santa fe nm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel prior to my last trip. They are consistently friendly and helpful, going out of their way to see that you are accommodated. You have easy access to where ever you may need to go and they will even provide a map and eating suggestions!
Breakfast is super, staff is outstanding, price is great! I love staying here!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I was looking for 1-2 night stay in Flagstaff for a skiing trip. Lift tickets are expensive and really wanted to save on the hotel since just had to sleep there. Decided on Quality Inn based on their price $59 per night and expected to get that. To my surprise it was much more than that. The rooms were clean, bed sheets crisp and pillows soft. Also they serve full breakfast which saved us 5 more money. Only negative part was that I forgot a jacket in the room and it was not found.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Millerton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I read the reviews of this hotel after I had booked it. It was a big weekend and the chain hotels that I usually stay in were booked. I was nervous because of some of the negative reviews. After staying there for 3 days, I realized those people were looking for a champagne hotel on a beer budget. There was absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. It is not a luxury hotel but an excellent value for the money and an excellent place to stay for the Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest and Sedona.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Stayed for 5 nights in early November. Having read some not so good reviews I was a little concerned, but any concerns I may have had quickly evaporated. This was one of the best motels we have stayed in, the staff were most welcoming and the service brilliant. Even the manager came to see if we were happy with our stay. Breakfast is basic, but hey, it is with the compliments of the hotel, and you can eat as much as you like, so no carping! When it came to return to Payson my wife and I felt a bit sad - Many thanks you guys at the Quality Inn Flagstaff. Arizona is a great place to be!

• Stayed November 2010
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

If you choose this hotel, you must look out for the entrance. It´s directly behind a gas station, not so easy to see.
The location is great. Easy to reach from the freeways, not far from the town center - and the best: no train noise.
But you have to pay for that comfort compaired to other motels in Flagstaff. But it´s worth it.
Restaurants in walking distance.
Wifi is good and free.
So overall a good, clean and quiet stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Great hotel. Excellent staff. Good breakfast in a giant breakfast room. Bedrooms were large and clean. Conveniently located within walking or driving distance of several places to eat.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Quality Inn I-40 & I-17? Share your experiences!