“road trip to las vegas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue

You added Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue to your Saves list
Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2010 E Butler Ave, I-40 at Exit 198/Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Lubbock, Texas, Usa
“road trip to las vegas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

On our drive to Las Vegas we stayed at Motel 6 in Flagstaff, AZ. The motel is being renovated so there were workers and equipment but they did have rooms available. The rooms that have been renovated were nice and clean and served our purpose for the one night stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

No complaints at this motel 6, It was in a good area it was maintained and kept clean. Yes it was an older hotel and they were remodeling. Plenty of parking and fast food places were around the motel for eating.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed this weekend at the Motel, I was just looking for a place to sleep on my way to Grand Canyon. The reviews were so so, but I wasn't looking for great service, more for cheap rate. We arrived at the Motel, the staff was very friendly and helpful, after check in, we went to the room. What a surprise, newly renovated in a modern and contemporary style, fresh colors, hardwood floor and most important, very clean. We had a smoker room and couldn't smell previous smoker at all. In the next morning, I needed help to find a car shop, to get my tire fixed and the staff was again, very helpful and friendly. Keep in mind this is a motel and they are usually not located in a scenic view, quite area, but I would absolutely recommend to stay.

Room Tip: Newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Death Valley National Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is your typical motel 6. Small room, small bed. We prefer a queen bed or larger, seems most motel 6 only have full size. We can live with that. The room was clean, with no odor. The bath was clean, there was a coffee maker. We prefer a fridge and micro, which they don't offer, but a cooler works for keeping your food and beverages cold. The one exception to clean was the vent in the vanity area. It was a little dusty, which a bit of toilet tissue took care of. You do get a good bit of train noise if you are on the back side of this motel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The first thing you have to remember when you stay at a Motel 6 is that you are not paying for a four star hotel. This chain is wonderful when you want somewhere to sleep that is in a handy location and where you can get basic accommodation for a modest price.

Reception staff were really welcoming and friendly, and check-in and pout was very straightforward. The room is relatively basic, but exactly what you expect and what you pay for. It was comforter ball, with clean linen, and there was an adequate supply of clean towels. There is ample car parking outside. Pic like the fact that you pay a small fee if you wish to use the Wi-Fi, meaning that those customers not using it are not subsidising those that are.

You only criticism I would levy is that the carpet hadn't been adequately vacuumed.

I decided to stay an extra night, and just went to the desk in the morning and told them, paid my extra charge, and my key card was updated. The process took less than two minutes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bozeman, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I am a big fan of Motel 6 and think they are great on a budget. My mom and I had booked two nights in Flagstaff for a vacation (moving from west coast to east coast), sadly our car got torn up by Arizona road damage and we had to extend our reservation for a week. We loved Flagstaff and the motel was fine until they started doing renovation work. We mentioned that we were concerned about no water and noise and the clerk cursed me out and shouted at my mother. We told him we would call corporate and went up to our room and apologized to guest services. They were extremely helpful and arranged to have us move to another hotel...I will not go into the insanity of the next twenty-four hours, but we were derided, belittled, treated like scum and the staff at the Butler Avenue location and Woodlands location were psychotic and I do not say that lightly. Motel 6 corporate was kind enough, but I would never stay there again and I warn all against staying in a hotel with such hostile employees. Dare you complain about their customer service they do not apologize they antagonize. Stayed at Hampton Inn the next night - and got the heck out of Flagstaff...you just do not treat customers like that.

Room Tip: Rooms are decent, but customer service is horrible. They had construction the entire time we were t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Staying at a Motel 6 is a utilitarian experience, you want a clean bed and a shower and don't expect extras. This Motel 6 was clearly pushing the lower end of things. It looked like they had installed some of the modern Ikea style fixtures that are making Motel 6 a good budget option. The bits they left were rather nasty. The door was very hard to shut properly. Icky carpet and very thin and stained sheets. The bed covers were also badly stained. The towels looked to be at the extreme end of their life cycle. The beds were lumpy and crinkly. The wifi was not free and there were not enough outlets for charging our devices. The outlets available were in very inconvenient places. The office staff were very kind, however, and let us use a microwave in the staff break room. This facility needs some changes to become a comfortable, albeit, spartan place to stay. We may not be expecting frills, but we do not want to pay to be uncomfortable. We could sleep in the car for that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family