“Disappointed! :-( Not What I paid for.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Dallas, Texas
“Disappointed! :-( Not What I paid for.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This motel is located on a main road to the Grand Canyon.... But then again, there are many motels on the same strip of road. It was not worth the price we paid. If it you paid $40.00 to $45.00.... it might be ok to spend a night. It is an older motel with updated rooms. Our room was small and the TV stand was big and in the way. I found some long blonde hair in the tub....which I can live with. But when I made my coffee and found another hair inside the coffee machine, it was not ok. No, it was not our hair, we all have brown hair.

My son and husband were so disappointed to find out that there is not water in the swimming pool. The website listed a swimming pool for this hotel and I specifically book our hotels with swimming pool because my son loves to swim. There is no free continental breakfast served at this hotel because there is a restaurant attached to it. This is the first time I stayed at HOJO, and was disappointed. While we were in our room, another guest who justed checked in was able to use his key to our room. He was very surprised to find us in the room.... and we were shocked that he was able to use his key to our room. I really want to give this hotel a higher star because the front desk guy was kinda nice, but the hotel itself is very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMFlagstaff, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Miss Kaye E.,

I sincerely apologize for the unavailability of our pool during your stay as we were working on the renovations of the Motel. We wanted to make sure that every facility is safe for our guests to use.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the “key” incident, I will personally evaluate the matter as we give utmost attention to the safety of all our guests. I assure you this will be addressed accordingly including our sanitation especially the coffee machine issue.

I hope that your family will give us another opportunity of providing your next accommodation needs as we are all working together to give our guests quality services.
Thank you very much for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After reading some of the other terrible reviews I was nervous about staying at this location. I was very surprised to see the clean renovated room, completely quiet and no smoke smell. Overall good experience! Would recommend this place to anyone going to Flagstaff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Miss Kathleen R.,

Thank you for not hesitating to stay in Howard Johnson Inn.

We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with us and for taking note of our effort to put into actions, further improvements in our services.

Your positive review is indeed an added motivation for our Team to keep working to provide our guests quality accommodation and services at all times.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!