“Great place to stay in Flagstaff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Flagstaff

Save Saved
You added Days Hotel Flagstaff to your Saves list
Days Hotel Flagstaff
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 E. Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 (Formerly Travelodge Flagstaff)   |
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Denton, Texas
“Great place to stay in Flagstaff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We travel through Flagstaff several times a year and this is the first time we've stayed in a hotel that we didn't have to complain about. This hotel should not be mixed up with the other Days Inn - this place is at 2200 E. Butler. You don't want to stay at the other one. In this Days, the rooms have been redone in attractive modern decor. The rooms open to an interior hallway. Our room had a fridge, single-cup coffeemaker, and microwave. There's free wireless internet. The carpet and linens looked new. There were no odd smells either in the hallway or in the room. The bathroom was sparkling clean. The beds were comfy and the sheets were 100% cotton. There is no complimentary breakfast, but there's a restaurant in the building. There is an indoor pool - it was clean and heated. During our stay, the hot tub had been refilled during the day and was warm, but not hot. There is a huge, non-smoking lounge area with a warm fireplace and couches where the kids can hang out and play. Having stayed at nearly 10 different hotels in Flagstaff over the past 3 years, this is by far the best in this price range.

Room Tip: Rooms 109, 110, 111, 112 are right near a door to the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Jose A, Manager at Days Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this Trip Advisor review concerning our hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We are working extremely hard to improve all aspects of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the new rooms and all of the changes we have done to them. We have also eliminated all of the smoking rooms on our property which has helped eliminate any type of odors or smells in our halls. We are glad that you have given us positive feedback on this change.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (928) 779-6944 or via email at Jose.Alvarado@dayshotelflagstaff.com

The Days Hotel Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

The office was clean, and the staff during sign in was very pleasant and friendly. We found the rooms clean and spacious. But, the bedding and towels reminded me of that hotel chain, when they first started up and advertised, "we'll keep the light on for you". They were famous for clean rooms, low rates and thin bedding. Similar to what we found in our rooms at this hotel/motel. We were also disapointed that a complimentary breakfast was not included in the cost. During our travels throughout the west, we have found that most motels in this price range at least include a free continental breakfast. Not here!

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you had a pleasant experience with our guest service agents. We are making customer service and quality our main priorities. We have changed our bedding to be a more modern clean and sophisticated. We feel that it gives our room modern presentation, look and feel. Our hotel has one of the highest reviewed restaurants in Flagstaff, Arizona conveniently located in our lobby. We are happy to have this option a few steps away from our hotel rooms so that our guests can enjoy a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Tucson,AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Arrived for a 3 night stay on March 15 and ended up turning into a 5 night due to a snow storm.

At check-in the front desk person, I believe his name was Paul, argued with me about the room being pre-paid. I said it had been paid for when the reservation was made about 3 weeks prior and he insisted that no I hadn't, and that Days never has patrons pay in advance. I was in the process of getting my reservation confirmation that I printed to show him that I had prepaid when he said "oh yeah, I guess you are right". He then stuck me in room #110 which was a stones throw from the parking lot/front desk. Informed him I had requested a upper level room to which he replied the second room was being completely renovated and there was nothing available on that floor and that the third floor was also full of construction.

We looked at 110 and it was not going to work for us and told him he needed to look again. He then managed to find a room available on the third floor for us. As we entered the elevator the overwhelming stench of cholorine was present from the pool area which was also noticable on the third floor landing area. Upon entering the room the floors are not level what so ever. The feeling of vertigo was noticed by myself and my husband. We later discovered this was also an issue in other rooms as we chatted with other patrons.

Overall the room was decent. Nice flat screen tv's, clean micro's and good size fridge. The beds are a little hard but beats a spring poking you in the back.

Our first trip to the pool that night met us with the heated pool not being heated and the jacuzzi not working. It was reported to Kelsi at the front desk but her response was "really, it was working earlier". Yes, because I would lie about something like that. Anyway, no pool towels were ever around, always had to go to the front desk to get them. Chairs are plastic resin chairs and broken. Oh, but back to the jacuzzi. While sitting in this non-bubble producing jacuzzi it was noticed that bunches of tiny "things" were floating on the water. I don't know if they were flakes of skin or what but it was pretty nasty.

Fast-forward to Saturday evening, raining outside snow storm pending. I awake at 3am to a drip-drip-drip sound and swing my legs off the bed only to step in a puddle on the rug. Yup, the roof was leaking and there were three other huge wet spots on the ceiling that hadn't started but were about to. I had my 6 & 8 year old with me so moving rooms at that time of morning was not an option.

Woke up in the morning to snow covered interstate so we had to add another night on to the vacation. Requested a new room because of the leak and front desk guy seemed to not care. Moved right across the hall to another basic room, nothing special or fancy but at least it didn't leak.

Day 5 jacuzzi still not working, pool still not heated, hallways not heated. Fireplace in common area finally turned on but didn't heat the room at all. It has potential to be a nice hotel but there is a lot to be desired. If it wasn't for the kids enjoying the not-heated indoor heated pool I would have checked out and into the Rodeway Inn acoss the street which was 20 bucks cheaper a night.

I would not recommend this place unless you are in a pinch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Jose A, Manager at Days Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure speaking to you concerning your stay at our hotel. We do not have a guest service agent named Paul but I have gone ahead and spoken to all of our staff concerning excellent customer service. I also would like to apologize because the last time our property had any type of contractors on site or any type of construction was in November 2011.

In the past few months we have invested in insuring that our pool is always up to standards. We want to insure that our pool is always clean and presentable as it is one of most popular amenities. We have a high tech system that monitors all of our chemicals and heat of the pool twenty four hours a day’s seven days a week. We have also purchased new furniture for the pool area. The towels for the pool are always available at the front desk and our staff is more than willing to deliver those to you at the pool.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We will continue to take steps to improve every guest experience and continue to learn and improve in our weak areas. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here one night on March 2nd. Although the room was nice enough, the heat was turned off in the rest of the hotel. The common areas and halls were cold. But far worse was the problem we had in the pool area. After dinner we went to the Hot Tub. When we got in there was an immediate burning sensation so we immediately got out, but the hot tub had so much chlorine in it we received chlorine burns. My arms were even white from the chlorine. Our legs had small itchy red blisters that took almost a week to heal. I told the desk about the problem, but didn't get much of a response. The chlorine was even so strong the next morning even the elevator which overlooks the pool had an overpowering odor of chlorine in it ! So when I got home, I emailed the Hotel Manager to make him aware of the situation. I received a response from the Manager that explained that there are sensors that "automatically" add chemicals to the pool and spa when needed. Unfortunately we apparently were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I would only hope in the future that some small child isn't under water with their eyes open when the pool decides to clean itself ! The Manager was apologetic in his response, and I felt he truly cared. It was nice that he responded. Other than the spa incident, the stay was just alright. Not special, but not bad either.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Checked in around 6 p.m. on a stormy, snowy night. We unpacked and went out to eat. Turned on the heater, as the room was cold. When we returned, realized the heater was putting out cold air. Called the front desk, and they didn't offer to send anyone up to look at it - said we could change rooms, but we were tired and already unpacked. So, they sent up 2 old blankets instead. The hotel was almost empty, and hard to believe they didn't know there was a problem with the room before we checked in. When we made an issue of it at check-out, the front desk clerk's comment was she hoped the blankets helped! If nothing else, they should have discounted our stay. Also, the exterior keyed door regularly didn't work - they said the door sometimes sticks - really great when you're trying to unload suitcases in 20 degree weather! I can't believe this place got such great reviews - will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jose A, Manager at Days Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review.

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately because the hotel was slow and we have had an unlikely warm winter not all of our heaters have been used. We have done preventative maintenance but unfortunately this doesn’t always solve all issues. We try to keep a maintenance man on staff at all times but this isn’t always possible. We are glad that our front desk made a new room available to you. Our front desk seemed to have tried to use problem solving skills to insure that you had a resolution to your issues.

Again, thank you for completing this review of our hotel and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 928-779-6944.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel, very clean rooms nicely furnished ... we decided that this was the nicest place we have stayed for such a good low rate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to see your positive review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have worked very hard on insuring that we have a great new product with high quality.

Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

All the rooms have been remodeled and are very nice, with micros,refrigs, LCD TVs. Staff was very nice. But the heated pool was not heated. The price was right with good location.

• Stayed January 2012
Jose A, Manager at Days Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are very glad that you had a chance to enjoy our remodeled rooms. We are also working very hard to insure that our service is second to none. We will continue to monitor our pool and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Again, thank you for completing this review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 928-779-6944

Days Hotel Flagstaff

Been to Days Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!