“Two nights in Flagstaff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Two nights in Flagstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'd read the reviews of this hotel before we booked it and I decided that the good ones outweighed the bad ones. I was right! We had none of the hot water or climate control problems that were reported in other reviews. Yes, the room decor is a little outdated, but ours was quiet and comfortable. The hotel was very busy and the staff had no problem taking care of the large number of guests. I'd stay at the HI Express in Flagstaff again if I return to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Calabogie, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We planned a ski trip for a couple of days and decided on the Holiday Inn at Flagstaff. It is an older hotel but the room was clean and spacious, and had a great view of the mountain. The hot breakfast had many choices and plenty of fresh fruit as well. The staff was gracious and helpful, even got tips for good places to eat in town from the cleaning staff! Would stay here again, but I do wish they would not use "febreeze-like" products in hotels to freshen the rooms. I get a real runny nose from these products.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a quick jaunt up north to play in the snow with the kiddos. STELLAR customer service, really clean and quite place. Some reviews were on the negative side so I was apprehensive when I got here but had a terrific stay. Loved the pool area super cool set up. I was greeted as a rewards member and my family loved the place. Will be back for more fun!

Room Tip: Sleep on the freeway side, the trains are frequent in Flagstaff
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Took the family on a quick trip up north to play in the snow and was not disappointed. There were a few high school groups staying here so I expected loud hallways etc but I slept like a baby. The room was clean and spacious. My family was very happy with the accommodation since last week we stayed at a lower tiered hotel chain. I was greeted a Priority Club member and they gave us great customer service. Breakfast was less than stellar but I go to a hotel to sleep not eat. Denny's is across the parking lot and Flagstaff has so many great restaurants. I requested the freeway side of the hotel as I have stayed on the track side on some hotels and learned that trains are frequent in Flagstaff. The indoor outdoor pool was warm and next time I will take my trunks so I can sit in the hot tub after playing in the snow to warm up. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I are often staying in Holiday Inn / Holiday Inn Express Hotels. Usually the hotels of this group have a very good standard and value. This hotel I can't recommend. Although the room was clean the breakfast was okay there's nothing else good I can tell. It was noisy, because of the air con and the hotel is very clairaudient at all. That's why we had almost no sleep. The rooms seemed to me a bit old and they are small. The bed wasn't comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear AnjaLuisa,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day we were not able to meet your expectations especially with the condition of the bed accommodations received and noise levels experienced. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, many thanks for your review.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn during our travels. The rooms are clean with wifi, a fridge and a microwave. The complimentary breakfast add great value to your stay. Unfortunately the hotel only has 1 washer and 1 dryer and when we stayed the washing machine was out of order. Other than that, the holiday inn provides good service and has nice staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lakewood, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I think the key characteristics of a good hotel are nice rooms, a good breakfast, and friendly staff.

This hotel is your run-of-the-mill hotel. Our room was ok. It was clean but small. The night we stayed the boiler went out, so there was no hot water. I realize things happen, so my review isn't low just because of this event.

The breakfast was average. It did have hot items, including eggs and biscuits/gravy but both were terrible.

As for the staff, they were horrible. I could barely get the desk clerks attention to check-in when I walked into the lobby. The breakfast crew was cranky. When I checked-out, the woman was angry because I was down at the desk checking out when I should've received a rapid check-out under my door. Well, I didn't get one but she didn't seem to believe me.

One more thing, the pool was supposed to be heated. It was ice cold. My kids got in for 5 minutes and then decided they couldn't stand it any more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Michele W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for guest services.

I am truly sorry for the service provided by our staff failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations. This is definitely not a standard in our hotel as we always strive to provide the highest level of customer care. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any dissatisfaction this has caused you.

Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff? Share your experiences!