We stopped here for a few nights with a break in between as were touring the area and it is ideally located for the areas we were visiting, the first night when we were booking in we heard the receptionist very loudly tell a tour guide with his party behind him his credit card had been refused, (We personally found this very unprofessional for front of staff). this was the beginning of what was to be our worst stay in America touring Arizona.
After we had freshened up we grabbed a complimentary coffee and went to reception to ask for advise on where to eat and where we could have a drink, The receptionist was serving somebody and there was a couple behind him, I went to the edge of the counter to put my coffee cup down as the paper cup was hot (there wasn't the usual cardboard cup holders availiable to put round it) the receptionist quite rudely barked at me there was a que, I was no where near the Que at the time. when we were eventually seen to by another girl who was polite it was explained to us the hotel did not sell alcohol but there was a Denny's across the road and everything else was either up the road or down the road (not a patch on the staff at Scottsdale) but the petrol station across the road sold alcohol and just about everything else.
We asked at reception later in the evening if they had a corkscrew we could use to open a bottle of wine, they informed us they had lent there only corkscrew out to another guest the night before and hadn't returned it, this hotel must have several hundred rooms and only one corkscrew.
The hotel is well worn we used 2 different rooms during our stay both were very basic, and both were well worn you could see where the wall paper had been repaired over the years and the whole place just looked a bit scruffy.
The free WIFI was right next to reception which is a fairly busy noisy area. We were only able to find one washing machine in the whole hotel which was always in use.
Breakfast was a buffet style help yourself, the pancake maker didn't work on 2 of our 3 mornings, the ham was hard and tasteless and the omelette were warm but the cheese in the middle was cold (not a patch on what we has already experienced in Scottsdale).
The rooms were clean and the bed large and very comfortable.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Flagstaff
- Holiday Inn Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Northern Arizona for business or leisure, Stay Smart at the Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel. We are centrally located to many Flagstaff attractions including Historic Rt. 66, Northern Arizona University, Lowell Observatory, Museum of N. AZ and the Riordan Mansion. Breath taking monuments like Grand Canyon, Sedona, the Red Rocks, Meteor Crater, Sunset Crater, Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest are nearby and a must see for all traveling through.The Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel is also the right place for relaxation and great hospitality! Our guests can enjoy views of the San Francisco Peaks from many of our wonderful guest rooms. All our comfortable rooms include a host of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access. Come sit and relax by our cozy fireplace in the evenings or have fun in our arcade room. Stop by our Express Start Breakfast Bar every morning for a deluxe hot continental breakfast served complimentary to all our guests. The hotel also has an outdoor/ indoor heated pool, a spa and a fitness center. The Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express offers meeting & banquet facilities, and also provides complimentary shuttle services to both the Flagstaff Airport & Amtrak Station. The staff at the Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel are always eager to provide you with friendly, courteous and professional service. We look forward to seeing you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.