Traveling from New Hampshire my wife and I decided to see as much as we could in the area. We aren't ready for a bus tour. We did drive 1,000 miles in 6 days. I'm a DAV driver at the Manchester, NH VA Medical Center and usually drive 200 to 500 miles a day bringing patients from homes to appointments and back home. So, a 200 mile drive in one day was just a vacation drive.
We chose Flagstaff as a base to visit 7 National Parks and Monuments. We found a great price deal online at the Holiday Inn Express in Flagstaff. We trust Holiday Inns. Our room was at the end of a hallway and very quiet, clean, and comfortable. The staff was great, helped us find restaurants, provided a refrigerator for our room, and made recommendations for parks that we hadn't considered. Those parks or monuments were a pleasant addition to our vacation. The continental breakfast was the best of every hotel (100's) we've stayed in over the years. The bus tours we shared breakfast with every morning were surprisingly friendly and well rested. Previous experiences with bus tours included overtired, rushed, and grumpy passengers. The only negative was the undersized room. We had to learn how to maneuver without bumping into each other or the walls.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Flagstaff
- Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff
- Holiday Inn Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Northern Arizona for business or leisure, Stay Smart at the Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel. We are centrally located to many Flagstaff attractions including Historic Rt. 66, Northern Arizona University, Lowell Observatory, Museum of N. AZ and the Riordan Mansion. Breath taking monuments like Grand Canyon, Sedona, the Red Rocks, Meteor Crater, Sunset Crater, Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest are nearby and a must see for all traveling through.The Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel is also the right place for relaxation and great hospitality! Our guests can enjoy views of the San Francisco Peaks from many of our wonderful guest rooms. All our comfortable rooms include a host of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access. Come sit and relax by our cozy fireplace in the evenings or have fun in our arcade room. Stop by our Express Start Breakfast Bar every morning for a deluxe hot continental breakfast served complimentary to all our guests. The hotel also has an outdoor/ indoor heated pool, a spa and a fitness center. The Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express offers meeting & banquet facilities, and also provides complimentary shuttle services to both the Flagstaff Airport & Amtrak Station. The staff at the Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel are always eager to provide you with friendly, courteous and professional service. We look forward to seeing you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.