“Historic but not ancient...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Weatherford Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Weatherford Hotel
You added Weatherford Hotel to your Saves list
23 N. Leroux, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Oakland, California, United States
“Historic but not ancient...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

While much of the hotel is historic, there have been attempt to modernize the rooms, so that the beds are quite comfortable and the tub/shower is at least useful. The food at Charley's (the hotel bar etc) was excellent, and I went to bed before the noise commenced. The hotel staff warn about the noise, but despite the fact that I was there on a Saturday night, I did not find it awful.

Room Tip: I needed a private bath and I'd recommend that you ask before you commit to a room!
Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I booked this hotel being it was close to the train station. I had to catch an Amtrak train at 4am in the morning. This hotel was walking distance to the train station and made it very convienent. The food and drinks were great. The bartender got me turned onto pineapple vodka and sprite. Super yummy!! Check in was pleasant. The only downfall was the room. It was clean but very tiny. I don't even think a midget would have been comfortable. Though for just a 5 hour place of rest it was fine. Then again it is a historic hotel and people back in the 1800's were smaller.

Room Tip: If you are claustraphobic look elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed 1 night and yes heard the bars closing at 2am. Nothing I haven't had happen at several other downtown hotels in several other cities. The staff, everyone we experienced was young, very pleasant and helpful. I would for sure return and you should too if you want an experience in a turn of the century building in the center of the old town. If you don't want street noise, snapping heat pipes or creaking floors stay at a Holiday Inn etc. but you will be missing something special.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review around 1 am because I can't sleep. If you're reading it at 1 am, it's because you find yourself in the same predicament.

Don't book a rom at the Weatherford on a Friday or Saturday night if you want to sleep.

Unfortunately, this beautiful historic hotel has become part of the "pub crawl" that has infested downtown Flagstaff. I had the misfortune of staying here on a Friday and found this out for myself. Starting around 8 this evening -- and apparently it won't end until 2 am -- the two hotel bars have turned my plans for a restful night inside out. Loud music, yelling, and hallway havoc as the college age kids take their business into the hotel itself have ruined my stay. It's the typical hooting, fist pumping, heavy-bass music and alcohol fueled stupidity. I'm in a frat house, not a hotel.

I complained, and the helpful woman at the front desk offered a refund and called other hotels for a room for me. It's apparently a bit of a routine. All were booked or more expensive. So here I sit, half tempted to go sleep in my car.

I feel so naive thinking I might actually SLEEP at this hotel. I guess there's more money in serving alcohol than in providing the promised service to paying hotel guests.

Strongly recommend that travelers not stay here on Friday or Saturday.

Stayed November 2013
Granada Hills, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Look, I am NOT a fancy or 'picky' travel but my experience at this hotel went accordingly :

Never Again...THOSE TWO WORDS PERFECTLY describe I how feel about this hotel..Let me explain. We (my family and I) wanted to try something new , so we booked the hotel, and we stayed during the week of Halloween... and THIS is what happened....

My family booked two rooms on the third floor, the rooms were very close to the Zane Grey "Ballroom" (Which is more of a BAR than a ballroom)...The Rooms look like a place where a destitute artist comes to END their LIFE with a shower curtain wire! The walls were a dull white, the bed was too small for ANYBODY, and there basically wasn't enough room for Anything; not even a suitcase . THEN a wedding happened on Halloween night in the "ballroom", that turned the hotel from classy into an UCLA FRAT HOUSE in zero to basically zero! The Happily Married Couple AND Their Guest were EXTREMELY LOUD to the point I had to called down to the Front Desk THREE times! And the Front Desk did NOTHING!

Then the wedding party got worse! The guests started fights, loud dancing (which sounded more like bigfoot stompings), and completed the nightmare by trying to BUST into our rooms and screaming at us to let them use our bathrooms Another THREE TIMES!

If that doesn't scare you, this will... The young employees of the hotel must have Severe short term memory and trust issues because they harass me and my family with harsh toned questions of "What are you doing?!" and "Why are you here?" and "Are you staying here?" ... My family replied to them each time in a polite manner, but that didn't stop them from rudely asking....This hotel is an EXTREME regret in my traveling resume

Short and sweet: I will NEVER AGAIN stay at this hotel... Period!

Room Tip: The only GOOD thing about this hotel were the housekeepers that came every morning and took requests...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bracknell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its history and it is in downtown Flagstaff. We had a room furthest from the bar and ballroom, but this is a music pub, as we were told when we booked, so expected it to be lively, which it was. Our room was comfortable with a private bathroom across the hall, our burgers for dinner were very nice, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in Flagstaff with the intention of heading out to the Grand Canyon but due to the shutdown, this part of our trip was cancelled. The staff at the Weatherford could not have been more helpful and accommodating. They rearranged our trip for us and managed to accommodate our new dates of stay. The hotel itself was gorgeous! Could not have asked for a better looking or more historically significant place to stay whilst exploring the amazing town of Flagstaff. The staff at the hotel, bar and restaurant were brilliant. I could have easily just moved in and stayed there! I had read previous reviews before staying and was concerned about noise levels but we were not disturbed one bit. We had a great nights sleep every night and the noise level was completely fine. Nothing to worry about at all! When we go back to Flagstaff we will definitely stay here again. There was not one single thing I could fault about this awesome hotel. If you're going, you have to stay here!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Weatherford Hotel? Share your experiences!