“If you like historic old west hotels, there are none better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Weatherford Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Weatherford Hotel
Save Saved
You added Weatherford Hotel to your Saves list
23 N. Leroux, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Tucson, Arizona
“If you like historic old west hotels, there are none better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Weatherford Hotel for a long weekend, June 21 - 23, and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We've stayed at historic hotels around Arizona (the Gadsden in Douglas, Connor in Jerome, Copper Queen in Bisbee) and everything about the Weatherford was superb by comparison - the friendly staff, the historic ambience, the condition of the rooms as well as the common areas, coupled with an excellent restaurant (try the huevos rancheros at breakfast!) and a great band in the downstairs bar Friday night.

In fairness to the many reviewers who have been more critical than me, we stayed in a very nice room (room #40) with a private bath, big screen TV, A.C., phone and clawfoot tub (with hand-held shower but no shower curtain). The room was wonderful, but some of the less expensive rooms apparently require a shared bath and have virtually no amenities. In short, call or email Sam and be clear about the room and amenities you want!

Another frequently cited criticism is the weekend noise at night. The hotel has 3 very popular bars and downtown Flagstaff is filled with people of all ages on weekend nights. This clearly does not lend itself to peace and quiet, so know that going in! Our room was on the 2nd floor which is ostensibly the quietest part of the hotel, and I am a sound sleeper, so the only impact the revelry had on me was to enhance our evening strolls through the charming downtown area before bedtime. My wife is a much lighter sleeper and she was aware of the noise well past midnight. She knew about the possibility and had brought earplugs and Tylenol PM but neither were required. For many, the noise could be a negative worth considering. For both of us, it was a minor inconvenience that was more than offset by the other delightful aspects of this wonderful hotel.

We will stay at the Weatherford any time we visit Flagstaff in the future!

Room Tip: Ask specific questions when you make reservations, but most of the rooms on the 2nd floor are quiete...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am by no means used to staying at the Four Seasons, but "old, and historic" does not mean the same thing as "dump". I'm sorry, but this place needs help. I am used to "NYC-sized" small rooms, but a springy, saggy bed with dirty linens inside a room with neither air conditioning nor a ceiling fan is unacceptable when charging $100 per night. While the staff was friendly upon check in, when we asked to see another room, we were refused, the manager turned quite cold, and a refund on the spot was refused. 3 days later, and still no refund. By the way, there was a box of mouse poison in the corner by the door. Haunted? I can handle. Loud bar? Not really my cup of tea, but manageable. Dirty? Unacceptable. At least market this place as a dump where you can overpay when you drink too much and need not avoid a DUI. Either that, or charge the $39.99 rate it deserves. Sorry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WeatherfordHotel, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is important for us as a company to receive constructive feedback so that we are able to continuously grow. With that, we would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction of your recent visit.

I assure you that we maintain high standards of cleanliness and comfort throughout our hotel. While the majority of our rooms do not come equipped with air conditioning; the temperatures of Flagstaff typically allow for a simple floor fan (such as the ones provided in all of our rooms) to suffice in keeping the rooms comfortable. Nevertheless, we apologize for not having informed you upon booking that your room did not have A/C.

We are an eco-friendly hotel; therefore, I assure you that we do not use any form of mouse poisons anywhere in our building. However, we have thoroughly checked the property to ensure that nothing of the sort has made its way in.

We appreciate that you’ve recognized the courteousness of our staff; we thrive on filling the building with a welcoming team whose common goal it is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I understand your disappointment in not getting to see an alternative room; however, we were fully booked for the evening of your reservation and truly did not have any alternatives to offer. Also, we have spoken with the manager with whom you were unimpressed and, again, we apologize.

I sincerely hope that you have received your refund since the time of your recent comment. While company policy does not permit us to refund cash to any credit card transactions; it is certainly within our policy to refund payments for dissatisfaction from any of our guests. Please contact us if you still have not received your refund.

Lastly, we apologize again for your negative experience and hope that you will consider giving us another chance to host you in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I enjoy going here when we drive up to Flagstaff from Phoenix. They have fantastic huevos rancheros with a tasty green chile accompaniment, black beans, fresh tortillas....really good! The outdoor seating is great for people-watching in downtown Flag. The hotel is also very interesting....historic, crooked floors when you walk past the long bar to the restrooms, a pretty cool old safe in the lobby. A nice and different atmosphere for a really good breakfast. The wait staff is very friendly and efficient too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rushden, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here one night on our travels. Looks great from the outside but the rooms were tiny and the bathrooms smaller still ! ! Could barely shut the door when using the loo ! But that said we had a good night in the bar where they had a karaoke going on, which was fun, then enjoyed a good nights sleep in very comfy bed. It felt like sleeping in an old Wild West saloon, very atmospheric and good fun but glad it was only for one night ! The staff were lovely and made short we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Anselmo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff at the Hotel Weatherford are wonderful! The hotel itself is very old and a bit funky. The room we had did have it's own bathroom with a claw foot tub and pedestal sink but no shower. If you like to feel like you've gone back in time, this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Richland, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

In this case, "historic" means "old and cruddy". The shower head is shorter than most people I know, probably sitting at about 5'4" ish. It's also SO NOISY. There are two bars, one of which is on a floor with rooms. The walls are old and thin and not even close to sound proof. Out of the six or so employees there at the time, none of them knew how to check us in. An off-the-clock employee happened to come in for whatever reason and checked us in. Very few power outlets. Tiny room overall, but especially tiny bathroom. No counter space. Zero amenities.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you want to get some sleep. Shower before you show up.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have seen the Weatherford for years while traveling into Flagstaff and have not had any need to stay here and after reading the latest reviews I would say head to the Super 8 for $50 a night and check out the clean rooms there before putting your head on any pillow. Besides that we only wanted a drink at the historic bar. We were told there was the bar upstairs and one downstairs. No one who greeted us was enthusiastic about either location. We chose the downstairs bar, unimpressive but still quaint with youth at the bar laughing and having a good old time. That's where we wanted to be rather than stuffy upstairs. The bar keep was Chelsea and what a great gal she was, very accomodating helping me decide what kind of ladies drink I should indulge in. I decided on the Peach Tini, and well now I have bought the peach vodka and peach schnapps and have made my own since they are delicious, she was right I did like it. Hubby had his usual gin and tonic. But the best part was that Chelsea was up all the locations of where to go for happy hour, where to eat and what to see. We took her advice and went to Pato for Thai food, more to come on that in Tripadvisor, a real hit for us. I learned some new drinks and now I actually know what IPA beer is and what it means, not that I am going to use it anytime soon. We look forward to trying Los Altos and Criollo's and Mama Luisa that Chelsea recommended. If nothing else go to the bar downstairs and meet up with Chelsea and get the scoop on what to do while you are in town, she's knowledgeable for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Weatherford Hotel? Share your experiences!