“Superb setting and service” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1900 N Country Club Dr, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Superb setting and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We spent a week in a 2 bedroom deluxe tri-level unit. Because our party had diverse ages and tastes, the three TVs on three levels made it easy to entertain everyone. The kitchen was perhaps the best equiped we have ever seen. (When the resort called us a week ahead we asked about a crockpot. They assured us that one would be put in our unit. It was brand new.) The decoration was wonderful and added to the feeling of a home-away-from-home. We have never had such speedy, friendly service. One of the TV remotes wasn't working correctly and they appeared within minutes to address the problem. We asked for clean sheets when one set of guests departed and again, they were delivered within ten minutes. Each time the front desk called to see if the problem had been addressed successfully. We are already planning on returning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed over Christmas week in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit- tri level unit. I really liked the layout. We had stayed in a 2 bedroom with a loft last year. I think the tri-level had more privacy and more light in the master bedroom. The unit was very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful with any issue that comes up. The kids like the recreation center and the mini golf- even in the snow. We had a timeshare talk offered to us and we went. No pressure very nice guy gave us a presentation. The weight room could use a little updating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed at the resort over Christmas. We arrived at night and had no issues with checking in. Directions to our unit were clear. We were quite impressed with our unit (or house). It was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. It had a hot tub as well outside on the patio. Everything was clean and up to par, until...

Like I said, we arrived at night. We all were ready for bed. When I looked at the comforter in the master bedroom, there was stain. I couldn't tell what it was. It didn't worry me much. But then, when I pulled back the covers, I noticed a couple of strands of hair. I did not know what part of the body they came from.

My wife had already fallen asleep as did the kids. So I decided to sleep on the couch. I grabbed the extra blankets. When I opened them, a crushed can from an energy drink popped out. This is when I was upset/worried. If they missed these things during the last service, what else did they miss?

It was late, and the rest of the family was asleep, so I decided to address this issue in the morning. When I called, it was about 9:30am. I advised the front desk of the complaint. Immediately after I got off the phone, the head cleaning supervisor called me and asked me what I experienced - so I told her. She was EXTREMELY apologetic and asked if she could come with a full crew to take care of everything.

This was all on Christmas Eve. They arrived within 5 minutes and provided new everything and apologized further for the inconvenience. They even did our dishes from breakfast that we hadn't got to yet. I was pleased. And so began our enjoyable Christmas Vacation.

We stayed in room R1. It was perfect for families. We were literally across the street from the recreation center. We would go there several times a day, play for a while then head back to the room. It was great to not have to drive there, as the property is very spread out. There couldn't have been a better room to be in for families.

We didn't have any special requests or use any other facilities. The have miniature golf, they sell coffee in the recreation center, do wine tasting every Tuesday (another reason it was great to be across the street from the recreation center), have two Xbox 360's, puzzles, board games, crafting, a jewelry sale every Tuesday, a couple of pool tables, and a theater room. They also sell some snacks and other food items - no booze though.

I recommend bringing a laptop though. Their computers are unreliable and wouldn't allow me to check my email. There was a filter/password blocker that came up every time I wanted to check my email (yahoo and gmail) that said the site was restricted due to "gaming." There was an option to put a password in to get beyond the pop up, but none of the associates knew what it was.

We went to Flagstaff for The North Pole Experience, which was located at Little America Hotel. The resort was about 5-7 minutes away from the Little America Hotel, so it was great!

My kids joined me in the hot tub while it was 22 degrees out - and that was awesome. So bring your suits! They say the hot tub remains a constant 102 degrees, but when I opened it, it was 87 degrees, so it took some time to heat up. I recommend turning it on as soon as you arrive.

All in all, we enjoyed our vacation and can't wait to return! The kids had so much fun, they want to go every winter! I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: If you have kids, try to get close to the recreation center. Our room (R1) was as close as you can...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in B unit, one bd unit (can sleep 4). It is nicely decorated and well equipped with stainless steel appliances, but the unit was too small for two adults and 2 kids. All the windows are facing the street so we had to close them all the time, no other windows to open, so we felt pretty confined. The size is maybe perfect for a couple. The wall to the A unit is so thin, I can hear chatting, laughing, even the sound of hitting utensils on plates. Didn't feel very private.

• Stayed December 2013
Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is one of the best timeshares we have had. I got a call from the resort about a week before we came asking if we were OK with stairs. I said they were fine but the fewer the better. We were given a one level unit with a huge master bath. Kitchen was very well supplied. Maintenance timely and helpful. There was a welcome breakfast where the activity director had gathered people from museums and tour companies to explain what they had to offer. Very helpful. There was also a wine tasting during the week. The activity center has continuous movies for kids, a snack bar and miniature golf. There was good wifi in our unit.
The negaatives are that we thought the hot tub on our deck was worthless. The water was too cool and the chlorine level gave my husband a rash. The living area is very dark because of the placement of the windows. Would we go back again...you bet!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Okawville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Wyndham Resort is a great place to stay as a launching pad for some wonderful National Parks, local museums, scenic adventures and great food. The resort itself is self-contained if you just want to "veg out" and relax by the fireplace with a glass of wine. They offer many activities and one which we enjoyed was an Indian folklore talk by an entertaining local Navajo, Brian Benally. The activity director works hard to provide something for everyone. The golf course restaurant, Jake's on the Green, also offers a wonderful menu selection with great service. We vacationed in the winter so didn't experience any of the outdoor facilities, however, they have the golf course, pool, etc. They have a great activity center with pool tables, computers, coffee & ice cream bar and lounge. A wine & cheese reception was provided during the week, which was great! There were a number of maintenance items in our unit that needed attention, but the staff and maintenance personnel took care of them immediately. The supervisor, Jodeen, was exceptional in ensuring everything was taken care of. All the staff seemed eager to please us and were very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I have is in the WiFi system, which was not very cooperative in signing onto the WEB and e-mail. Also, there was a 15 minute timer on the computers, so by the time the system allowed you to get signed on, you didn't have enough time to take care of your business. The WiFi in the rooms was not any better. The resort is located in a hilly area with a wonderful view of the Flagstaff area, and is easy on/off for I-40 and Rt 66. Our unit was a split level, which would be difficult for people who have a hard time with stairs, especially with Flagstaff being at 7000 feet. The breathing was hard at times. I recommend contacting the resort ahead of time for a unit with no stairs and located on a flat part of the grounds. Overall, a very nice place to stay and I give it an A+ rating. Highly recommend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Arrange for a ground floor with no stairs before arrival.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Overall we were quite pleased with our stay here (Nov 16-23, 2013).
Yes, it's 2+ hours to either Phoenix or the Grand Canyon (and close to 2 hours to Sedona).
On the other hand, all of that stuff is just 2 hours away! The Grand Canyon and Sedona (and the drive to get there) are certainly worth the time!

The staff was friendly and helpful. Check-in took longer than I'd have liked, because the "conceirge" (timeshare person) took a long time explaining what she could do to help us. We did not do the timeshare presentation (we were there on an exchange, so we already know the drill.) When we requested fresh towels and bedsheets, they were delivered to our door almost before we had hung up the phone! Our street was plowed by 7:30 or 8:00 on the morning of the first snow (about 9"!) And they shoveled out our parking area and our front walk. (We later found a snow shovel in the A/C closet, too.)

We had a "two bedroom" side-by-side unit. It was pretty nice. The furniture was a bit dated, but the kitchens were more recently updated and quite adequate. We found some trash in the unit that should have been caught by housekeeping, but otherwise everything appeared clean and tidy.

We had a full house, all beds and sleepers occupied and while it was tight, it was not a problem. (Another bathroom would have been nice, though!) Everything worked. The heater/air temperature control was not consistent, but we set the heaters to keep the coldest areas warm enough and used the windows to keep the other areas cool enough.

Our unit backed up to a "green" area between two rows of units. It was very pretty - especially when the family of deer made their daily pass through the area.

The only thing us Gulf Coasters could have used was oxygen tanks. 7000 feet means a lot less oxygen than we are used to. Don't be surprised to be a bit out of breath just from carrying a couple of suitcases in from the car!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Flagstaff Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the unit accommodations and view. We apologize for the inconsistency with your room temperature and we will fix this for future guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Wyndham Flagstaff Resort? Share your experiences!