“Flagstaff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Orlando, United States
“Flagstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hotel was Good.. Pool should have not been down during the summer months??? And the pull out bed in living room..Sleep on the floor it will be more comfortable. As always the breakfast was fast and Great!!!

686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I loved the pillows and mattress-very comfy. The staff was very friendly and my room was clean-I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone-you can't go wrong. They offer many free perks including the delicious omelet bar.

Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our family of four spent one night here last week. We usually choose Embassy Suites because of the wonderful experiences we have had at other locations. Their check-in time was listed as 3:00 p.m., but when we arrived at 4:30 we were told that our room wasn't ready yet. It was not a big problem because we went to the nearby Target and shopped. We were able to move our things into the room when we got back an hour later. However, when I went back down to the desk to ask a question, I observed two different families being told that their rooms weren't ready (it was already 6:30). They were irate because they said that they had been traveling on the road for a long time and were ready to check in. The young man behind the reception desk told them in a monotone voice that he was just as upset as they were and they could wait at the manager's reception. This did not please the people at all.
It was very clear that there were issues with housekeeping both that afternoon and the next day when the hallways and elevator carpets were still dirty.
I have to say that our room was comparable to the other excellent Embassy Suites we have stayed in and the free breakfast was wonderful as usual. However, because of the management and housekeeping issues, I would not choose to stay here again.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice during the past few months, both times for multiple nights, and I have mixed feelings about it. My first visit was excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly and I had a good stay. I was, therefore, looking forward to returning, but my second visit was disappointing. At check in, I asked the young and evidently totally uninterested desk clerk for a quiet, top floor room (third floor), away from the elevator. He promptly put me on the second floor, one door away from the elevator. I had to extend my stay at short notice and the clerk told me they were sold out. I asked if they had a waiting list for cancellations and he said: "No, it's first come-first served." He seemed completely unconcerned that I needed a room and they didn't have one. I replied: "I have an evening event and I've driven a long way to be here. I am the first to ask, so how about starting a list NOW? That's first come-first served." I was eventually given a room for the extra night, but it was incorrectly billed to my client despite explicit instructions not to do so. The rooms are a bit cramped by Embassy Suites standards and appear to me to be ordinary rooms from a previous hotel that were converted into suites by putting a wall in the middle and then cramming too much furniture into both spaces. On the plus side, there is a fridge, microwave, sink, coffee making supplies, complimentary cold bottled water and a few complimentary snacks. The beds are very comfortable and a variety of pillow sizes are provided, which I greatly appreciate, since I dislike giant, overstuffed hotel pillows. There is also a sliding pocket door to the bedroom which aids in a quiet night's sleep. The hotel provides a good complimentary full hot breakfast complete with an omelette chef who takes custom orders and makes a fine meal. In addition, there is a complimentary happy hour at the bar each evening and a charming little grassy courtyard with pool, flowers, deck chairs, etc. This hotel's greatest pitfall is its cost. The regular rate was $239/night for one person (!) which was reduced to $179 by the manager as an apology for their billing error. Despite that, I found the hotel highly overpriced. It's Flagstaff, Arizona, not Vienna! Overall, a fairly nice hotel and extremely convenient (a five-minute walk) if you are visiting NAU. A last small kick in the teeth was a $9.95/day charge for internet access. When are hotel owners going to stop being cheap money grubbers? If you're already overcharging your guests ~$200 a night for a not spectacular hotel room, billing additional for internet connectivity is a slap in the face to your guests. Wake up and provide basic services that we all expect! You don't charge us to take a shower, so stop being so cheap. Improve your customer service at the front desk and stop charging for basic amenities and you'll easily warrant a high rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet inner facing room looking onto the grassy courtyard. The main road in front of the h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
prescott, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Ok where do i begin? The maid decided to accuse us of steeling her cell phone that she apparently left in the room. Not only did she accuse us of stealing, but she also walked into our room unannounced several times looking through the room and demanded that she search our bags. This was our first impression of the hotel in the first 5 minutes of our stay. I chose Embassy Suites this time because I figured I would be receiving the world renowned experience that is so praised upon. Boy was I wrong! I could have gone right across the street and received better "HOTEL" service at "MOTEL" 6. Despite the chaos and feeling afraid to leave our room in worry that we might have more unannounced visitors, we did receive an apology basket containing water and snacks. I would have thought that Embassy Suites of all Hotel companies would provide the luxury, security and comfort that customers pay for. Unfortunately We received none of these. I would recommend along with the professionalism that the front staff extent to customers that the maid and cleaning staff should be held to the same standard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is located in a very convenient place and the hotel staff is great. Their evening complimentary reception is excellent as well. There are some good restaurants around and this hotel is situated conveniently. Rooms felt clean and the room the suite we got was big and we had a quality time without much disturbance from other guests.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Spent new year's eve in flagstaff at this Embassy Suites and didn't want to leave. Front desk was very professional even with mobs of guests and the holiday frenzy - seemed like one big cocktail party. We were planning on taking the kids to see the pine cone drop but after the comp drinks at the bar, the popcorn and munchies for the kids and the upgraded exec room (HH Gold) - we just stayed in and enjoyed the room. The separate bedroom with it's own tv and the main living room with big flat screen kept everyone happy on the cold night. Made to order breakfast was good, but seemed a bit lacking for variety for kids. Sat next to the fireplace but the dining area still seemed very chilly in the morning. Convenient location in center of town - directions on getting there are a little fuzzy even with the map - strange intersection of streets and a lot of traffic usually. Late checkout for HH Gold was also very accommodating and we seemed to get a bonus day in with a drive to Walnut canyon the next morning and still have time for lunch back in our relaxing room before we sadly had to depart.

Room Tip: Parking is best on the west side of the building with access from side entrances instead of the main...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!