“We loved it here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Indianapolis, Indiana
“We loved it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thanks Embassy Suites for making our Flagstaff location a great experience. This hotel was great for a central location for our visits to the Grand Canyon, Walnut Canyon, Wapatki National Monument, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, The Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Sedona, and Phoenix. Our two-room, two-bath suite gave us plenty of room to relax after a busy day of exploring. Staff was extremely nice and helpful with any questions. The living area provided a nice place to watch the NCAA tournament with great TVs while rejuvenating for the next day's activities. We also loved the cooked-to-order breakfast. We were lucky on our arrival to breakfast as we are early risers that we didn't have to wait in a long line.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a very pleasant one night stay at the Embassy Suites Flagstaff. The staff was extremely welcoming and the accommodations were very nice. The pool was temporarily not available, but the kids enjoyed the hot tub. The complimentary breakfast was the most amazing hotel breakfast! They had the normal fare of eggs, bagels, fruit, yogurt, sausages, etc, but they also made cooked to order omelets, pancakes, and bacon. VERY delicious! We'd definitely stay again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed many times and our experience has been very consistant. Managers snack and coctails reception time is fun and the breakfast is better than most although slightly crowded even with the huge dining area. TV's are newer and very sharp and crisp and real good beds. Look forward to visiting again in the summer and try out their pool.

• Stayed March 2013
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First, let me say the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room wasn't the cleanest. The floor needed vacuuming, my sheet had stains on them (old) and the cabinet in the living room looked like it needed a new paint job. The most annoying thing to me was the placement of the light switches. They just didn't seem to be in a logical place and I was always turning on the wrong one. Also, not just this hotel, but I have to wonder why they don't put a small garbage can in the bathroom. Sorry, but women really need one!!! You can hear people walking (running?) from the floor above you. Just hope they are on the same sleep pattern as you.

The breakfast was good although if the hotel is crowded you might want to get up early if you want an omelet or pancakes made to order. We seemed to have been there with a large group and the line was so long we went for the buffet instead. Not a big deal as there is a nice selection at the buffet. However, we did have to wait about 10 min for clean forks.

We went to the Grand Canyon and this was a good location as we were also heading to Sedona the next day.

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor to avoid hearing people walking above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of your guest room and bathroom were of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Amy Todd
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Both rooms they showed us were filthy, with dirty bedding, stained pillows, food on the floor, dust everywhere. I didn't even inspect the bathrooms. There was a big water geyser in the courtyard, and the place smelled like mildew and smoke. The gentleman at the front desk was cordial, but everything was out of his control, and he said there wasn't a manager on duty. We received our money back without penalty.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us August of 2012. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Amy Todd
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family of 5 just stayed here for 2 nights on a our spring break trip. Made to order breakfast omelette and pancakes were a huge hit with my kids! Staff was very friendly, and gave some good insight into Sedona attractions/restaurants. Location was convenient to highway. We took a day trip to the Grand Canyon and it took about 90 minutes each way. We stopped in Sedona on our drive back to Scottsdale. The front desk person recommended the Oaxaca restaurant in Sedona. Oaxaca was one of our favorite meals of the whole trip! Pool was closed, but hot tub was open. Cocktail reception hour had good choices of beer and wine, and different snacks each night. Bartender was really friendly.

Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night recently - I booked it on the fly and didn't pay attention to what the location looked like...I just assumed it was a standard Embassy Suites.

It's not -- but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The property is slightly dated -- I'm guessing this was some sort of business suite hotel before it was converted to an Embassy Suites. There's no big atrium and the rooms are set up a little differently than most other Embassy Suites. (We actually drove by it while trying to find it because it's not as tall as we were expecting -- so pay close attention!)

That said, the staff here was without a doubt the friendliest overall hotel staff I've experienced in the past several years. From the front desk to a random employee who offered to go fill our ice bucket when we asked where the ice machine was.

The location is great -- it's in downtown Flagstaff and there are plenty of places to eat (and/or drink) within walking distance.

I hate to repeat myself, but in this case I will: The staff was outstanding and this was a terrific visit! (I docked a star because there was no indoor pool and the rooms are just on the verge of being outdated.)