“Nice hotel. Convenient to downtown and highway. Great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice hotel. Convenient to downtown and highway. Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family of 5 just stayed here for 2 nights on a our spring break trip. Made to order breakfast omelette and pancakes were a huge hit with my kids! Staff was very friendly, and gave some good insight into Sedona attractions/restaurants. Location was convenient to highway. We took a day trip to the Grand Canyon and it took about 90 minutes each way. We stopped in Sedona on our drive back to Scottsdale. The front desk person recommended the Oaxaca restaurant in Sedona. Oaxaca was one of our favorite meals of the whole trip! Pool was closed, but hot tub was open. Cocktail reception hour had good choices of beer and wine, and different snacks each night. Bartender was really friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night recently - I booked it on the fly and didn't pay attention to what the location looked like...I just assumed it was a standard Embassy Suites.

It's not -- but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The property is slightly dated -- I'm guessing this was some sort of business suite hotel before it was converted to an Embassy Suites. There's no big atrium and the rooms are set up a little differently than most other Embassy Suites. (We actually drove by it while trying to find it because it's not as tall as we were expecting -- so pay close attention!)

That said, the staff here was without a doubt the friendliest overall hotel staff I've experienced in the past several years. From the front desk to a random employee who offered to go fill our ice bucket when we asked where the ice machine was.

The location is great -- it's in downtown Flagstaff and there are plenty of places to eat (and/or drink) within walking distance.

I hate to repeat myself, but in this case I will: The staff was outstanding and this was a terrific visit! (I docked a star because there was no indoor pool and the rooms are just on the verge of being outdated.)

san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed 4 nights right after the Xmas/New Years rush (when the hotel was, apparently, overrun and it was hard to get breakfast). By the time we arrived, all was quiet. We used it as a hopping point to ski at Snowbowl. It worked great and was a much better option than the ski lodge. The front desk staff was really helpful, especially the girl who used to be a snowboard instructor - she gave us great tips! It was a great stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

As everyone's already mentioned - Excellent Staff. Very very nice and pleasant right from our reception to checkout. I arrived from Phoenix with a headache and wanted to know where I could get Tylenol. They immediately gave me some for free. Not just that, one of the Staff members was thoughtful enough to ask me about my headache the next morning! Very pleased with the whole experience!

Great complimentary breakfast and Evening Manager's Reception. Our suite was great too. Very neat and clean, very comfortable. I think the location of the Hotel is great too. We went to the Lowell Observatory (less than 2 miles away!!!) twice during our visit. Other restaurants and department stores are pretty close by.

Had a great vacation. I'd definitely stay here in the future. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very nice staff -- very heavy room doors and very thin walls.
Two bedroom suite was nice -- bedding was not ideal -- unless you like uncomfortable pillow cases - you won't be stumbling across egyptian cotton here - at any price.
Not sure if this hotel caters to large groups of kids, might just have been "lucky" listening to kids on my floor and third floor act like parent-less baffoons:(

Room Tip: Good luck - I have no idea!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas for improvement. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we certainly do encourage, for guests comfort and safety, that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our entire team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Amy Todd
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Rooms are clean and the staff is excellent! I travel about 50% of the time for my job and this is one of the best Embassy Suites I have ever stayed in. This was my second time staying here and I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Arizona is a smoking state so if you are non-smoking make sure that you request a non-smoking room a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The check in staff were awesome. Loved the free happy hour, the bartendars are fun. The maids were excellent. I loved the room and the complimentary breakfast was great. Anytime I needed something from the front desk they to. Care of my needs.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff? Share your experiences!