“First trip to Flagstaff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Discover the Grand Canyon
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Goodyear, Arizona
“First trip to Flagstaff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We arrived on Thursday 12/27 and the check in staff were very nice. We got to the room and was disappointed in it's cleanliness and size. The fridge door opened ackwardly next to the wall. The builtins were very dusty. The mirror, walls and furniture were dirty. The grout on the bathroom floor was all broken up and missing.
We went down for the manager reception around 6pm. There were dirty tables and food on the floor. The pita bread, hummus and popcorn were OK, except for all the children that were in them. Went out to dinner, and came back to the room and realized that the pullout only had one pillow. We called the front desk, but they were out.
Woke up for breakfast and entered crazy breakfast land at 8am. Out of coffee, had to tell them, out of hashbrowns (completely), out of OJ, had to tell them, out of silverware, had to tell them etc. The breakfast room was too crowded...people waiting for dirty tables to be cleaned so the could put their full plates down. The food itself was good, but management needed more people working for a full to capacity hotel. Over and over we saw people asking for napkins, silverware, clean tables etc.
My husband and son went skiing and I stayed at the hotel. I went to the workout room which was very nice. Every staff member has been wonderful and accommodating when they can. We have one more night here. Let us see what it brings.

Room Tip: We were in a king bed suite.
Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our entire staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Embassy Suites Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is disgusting. Not only do they allow smoking, the entire room is gross and old. Making non-smoking rooms available is insufficient when the hotel has central air. Disgusting, stay at a Marriott, they never allow smoking. The hotel staff is rude. The bathroom is old and I'm scared to shower for fear of fungus.

• Stayed December 2012
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Southwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

From start to finish an accommodating, friendly and customer focused staff. Thank you especially to Jake and Daniel and the front staff accomodating early check in and last minute afternoon changing of travel clothes from ski clothes after powder dump departure from slopes.

Purchased skiers package reducing extra a.m. stop at Snowbowl. Conveniently located, breakfast cooked to order, suites contain all the extras you'ld expect for kicking back or prepping for Flagstaff's welcoming community/activities.

Excellent communications with holiday welcome letter and property tips for breakfast rushes.

Housekeeping, dining room help and chef all added to the warm smiles and holiday greetings.

Thanks and cheers to the new year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cape Town
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Ridiculously designed rooms. The suite comprised of two small rooms and minute bathroom instead of what could have been one decent room. Perhaps more suitable for a family wanting to cram in on a budget. A little down market.
The rooms and the breakfast room were freezing. Keep your wooly hats on in winter .
Part of the Hilton group and the management very corporate and unhelpful. We had an issue where we were promised $20 per night over room for as, on the web site and by phone, but this was point blank refused although a later email offered $20 instead $40

Stayed December 2012
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

As a traveling salesman, I stay in hotels often. The folks at this location are just awesome! After a short drive from Phoenix to the white capped mountains in Flagstaff, the chill in the winter air and snow on the ground were meet with the warm welcome of the entire staff. This facility is well worth the investment. Included in my the rate is a Full - Cooked to Order breakfast. My employer loves this as it saves the $15-$20 Ihop breakfast tab since I value getting started out right first thing in the morning. What more can I say about this hotel aside from the fact that it is my "home away from Home" when I am in Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Suite 101 and 101 are in a quite corner of the hotel without hallway traffic and very near the side...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I expected more from my visit since it was an Embassy Suites. I travel often for business and usually stay at ES. I am used to the inside rooms and atrium. This doesn't have that. I did enjoy the courtyard because it gave my son a safe place to play in the snow.
The rooms are much smaller than other ES. I had a 2 double bed suite (used to queens). The room was dark, as other reviews stated but I found it to be clean and comfortable. The bathroom was smaller than expected but that goes with the smaller room.
Breakfast was very good but not enough seating. As another review stated, get there early or the French toast will be cold. Also, no hashbrowns available but they did have some potatoes. Omlettes were great.
The biggest disappointment was the wi-fi. At $170+ a night, I expected free wi-fi, not $10 per day and it isn't a full 24 hours. I logged on after 10 pm and it stopped working about 10am. Almost every other hotel/motel in the area offers free wi-fi. I couldn't even access my Hilton HHonors account without paying. I suppose I could have used the business center. Thank goodness I had a smartphone.
Other facilities were nice. I enjoyed the fireplace in the lobby. The gym is very nice, even offer complimentary earbuds for the TV's on the machines.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay. In fact, we were enjoying ourselves in Flagstaff so much that we extended our stay. Even though my room key stopped working, it was a very nice stay. I would probably stay here again despite some of the shortcomings mentioned. I know there is much, much worse in Flag, like the place next door.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We Really enjoyed this Hotel it had a happy hour, nice free breakfast, Rooms were nice flat screen tv, Comfy bed and the Hide A Bed was even kinda comfy hotel is close to many Good restrants, this hotel is perfect for famlies but for what it is i found it was slightly overpriced we paid 169 dollars a night but it did live to my expectations

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Jack B., thanks for taking the time to share your trip at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. We're glad you enjoyed the room and comfort of your two room suite and the free cooked to order breakfast. A lot of families traveling to or through Flagstaff agree with you that our hotel is the perfect Flagstaff hotel for families.

Hope to see you and your family back with us soon.

Thanks again.

Been to Embassy Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!